The rooms looked good on here, and we really fancied a night at a castle, well . . . we thoroughly enjoyed our night. We got a themed room deal on hotels.com for £99 via Trip Adviser, although learned from a couple of other guests they got a better deal (but that's just the roll of the dice). We decided to treat ourselves to the £45 3 course dinner as it was Andy's birthday, and we weren't disappointed!! It was so delicious and well presented, and some added aspects compliments of the chef, that I even took note of his name (which isn't something you do every day is it!). Everything had so much flavour, was the type of meal you crave when really in the mood for something special. We sat in the library before the meal, and you couldn't help but study the ceiling and the detail of the bookcases and just wonder of lives past. We didn't visit the Spa, but we did go to the Falconry before leaving, and although the ladies were just getting set up, they were so friendly and I was just totally amazed at the raven called Jake - brilliant!
So, yes - definitely recommend it for the experience - oh, and I slept like a baby :)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Dalhousie Castle Hotel and Aqueous Spa is a magnificent 13th century fortress set within acres of wooded parkland on the picturesque banks of the River Esk. From the moment you arrive at Dalhousie Castle a warm Scottish welcome awaits. Whether relaxing in the the Spa, gathering in the library next to the open fire, dining in the vaulted 2 Rosette winning dungeon restaurant, or retiring to your chambers, you will always feel as welcome as the 'Laird'. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your Dalhousie Castle reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dalhousie Castle Bonnyrigg
- Dalhousie Castle Hotel Bonnyrigg
- Castle Dalhousie
- Dalhousie Castle Scotland/Bonnyrigg, UK