Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
JKingCraw

Golf Experience

Review of Vale Resort
4.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 3 weeks ago
Added a one night, solo stay here to my visit/stay at Hensol Castle with a group in order to play golf at the Vale Resort which is co-located.

It's a beautiful golf course and I would play here again if I were to travel back to the area. I played 18-holes on the National Course. It had been raining for several days before I played and the course was very wet. However, it didn't rain at all on the day I played...weather was perfect. I had pre-arranged a riding buggy and rental clubs online. The rental clubs were newer and better than my own clubs so I couldn't use that as an excuse for how well I played.

The staff at the Golf Course - which is just steps outside the front door of the Resort -- were excellent. The Resort staff was also very welcoming, I was upgraded to a suite because although I arrived an hour after check-in, my room wasn't ready. The suite could easily accomodate a foursome. I had a great outdoor patio space.

My room came with breakfast which was served in the restaurant. I also had a lunch/early dinner in the restaurant.

The bathroom in my room was a very recently updated huge space.
Trip type: Travelled solo
    13.4 km from Vale Resort
    8.8 km from Vale Resort
    View more hotels in Hensol
    2,498 results
    All reviews golf course hensol castle leisure facilities golf break the grill pro shop great golf evening meal golf club afternoon tea relaxing break spa treatments bed and breakfast excellent facilities food was lovely steam room one night stay
    Selected filters
    Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Excellant venue for a golfing weekend, accommodation, service, food and the golf an outstanding value. The Staff took that extra bit of care with each request from breakfast to the Golf Shop where the putting out of Longest drives and nearest pins were done without any hassle, makes being the organiser a real treat not to have to think about this.

• Trip type: Travelled with friends
    Reviewed 3 weeks ago

On the 20/05/24 I attended a WRU event in the Tre-castle suite at the hotel. I hadn't been there before and was greeted at reception by a gentleman by the name of Gareth Jones. He put down what he was doing, and escorted us to the suite. He was kind, courteous and made sure we had everything we needed, as well as wishing us a good evening. Couldn't have asked for a more welcoming greeting. The food was also incredible 😊

• Trip type: Travelled on business
    Reviewed 3 weeks ago

It was my first visit to the resort for several years and we enjoyed it so much we stayed an extra couple of days!
    We had such a good time throughout our break from the moment we arrived to departure time
    It's a first class resort with so much to see and do on site including two excellent 18hole golf courses with driving range plus one of the best spas around with the latter featuring a large indoor pool, various beauty and relaxing treatments and a fully equipped gym.
    We had a splendid balcony room at the rear of the property overlooking the golf course and scenic hills and countryside.
    We booked on a dinner, B&B basis with the restaurant meals providing the ideal start and conclusion to each day.
    Hensol Castle, with it's gin distillery, is on site and within comfortable walking distance while the many attractions of capital city Cardiff is a short trip down the M4 and not-to-be-missed. I would highly recommend parking up your car at Penarth Marina and walking over the Barrage into Cardiff Bay. You'll be treated to spectacular views.
    In summary, The Vale is truly a treasure of a place to stay, play and unwind. And not just because the Royal Mint is nearby too as is the seaside town of Porthcawl, including it's wonderful Royal golf course.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
    Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Had an excellent weekend spa break at the vale
    rooms were stylish and comfortable with amazing views
    Spa was so relaxing and the food was beautiful
    All staff was great I’d like to mention Gareth on reception who was so helpful and friendly he went above and beyond to make our stay special so big thank you from us can’t wait to come back 😊

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
    Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Booked a spa break having been here twice before for day spas.
    Staff at reception are excellent. Warm and welcoming… apologising for even the tiniest delay.
    Our suite was huuuge! Bed amazing.
    Evening meal was fantastic and we were impressed with the local menu and attentive service.
    The spa was really good - although one great massage and one weak. The noise levels also need paying attention too. Pool aerobics boomed waking us both in the sleep zone!! Also maintenance staff talking in corridors that didn’t get the memo it’s a spa!
    An improvement would be a coffee machine at breakfast which is now really common in most hotels.
    Thanks overall though for a brilliant stay :)

Date of stay: May 2024
    Trip type: Travelled as a couple