The Red Lion
Crown and Cushion Hotel(Chipping Norton)
US$67
US$61
  • Breakfast included
The Fox(Chipping Norton)(Great Value!)
US$105
White Hart Royal Hotel(Moreton-in-Marsh)
US$160
US$155
The Manor House Hotel(Moreton-in-Marsh)
US$120
US$106
The George Townhouse(Shipston-on-Stour)
US$83
Redesdale Arms Hotel(Moreton-in-Marsh)
US$193
Heythrop Park Resort(Chipping Norton)
US$100
US$97
Crowne Plaza Heythrop Park - Oxford(Chipping Norton)(Great Value!)
US$130
US$109
CrownePlaza.com
Charingworth Manor(Chipping Campden)
US$215
US$160
US$133
  • Restaurant
All reviewsthe pubspecials boarddog friendly pubchipping nortonhook nortonpigs earvisited for lunchhakeexcellent lunchfish cakeshomemade shortbreadsteak and ale pieselection of beersreal alechildren's menufour nightslovely meal
Reviewed February 23, 2014

Stayed for one night with friends...plus dog. Evening meal very good, the starter of seared beef in particular was excellent. Service from the moment we arrived till we left also excellent. Warm and welcoming atmosphere.
If I have one small criticism it is that the youthfulness of the wines on the list should not command the prices that are charged. It is a common fault these days I'm afraid.
Room comfortable, and lovely large bathroom, My eyes need a much brighter reading light (energy savers! ) these days..Fortunately I had brought a torch.
Breakfast excellent (smoked haddock and poached egg)
Would stay again without hesitation!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed February 17, 2014

My wife and I, accompanied by our 22-year old (on the day) daughter and her boyfriend, enjoyed a superb meal here on the Saturday lunchtime. We were also joined by our dog but he had to wait for his dinner until he got home! Quite simply, the food and the service were superb. My daughter and myself are vegetarian and were well catered for. After the main meal, we all had a pudding which, although not the cheapest pudding I've had in a pub, was more than worth the little extra in price. Can definitely recommend the rhubarb and apple crumble - absolutely delicious. Joanne, who looked after us, made us feel realy welcome and we really enjoyed our little chats with her. One of the most enjoyable meals out I/we have ever had. Just superb.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed February 10, 2014

The thing that really makes this pub are the staff. Lisa and her team couldn't be more welcoming and helpful. We stayed two nights with our dog and they clearly pride themselves on the attention they pay to both their human and canine clientele. The rooms were clean and comfortable (we had room 3 the king size room) and the food very good with a very well priced (if slightly dull) wine list.

We weren't disappointed by anything that this pub 'did' but being honest we were just a little put off by its location, on a busy 'B road' with many drivers who clearly pay no attention to the 30 speed limit.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Rabbitpearls
Reviewed February 9, 2014

Our two night stay was absolutely superb. The room was beautifully clean crisp and comfortable. We ate in both nights and, although the menu was a bit predictable, the food was excellent, hot and well presented. We will go back and recommend to the rest of the family. Can't speak highly enough. Thankyou.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed February 3, 2014

My sister stayed at The Red Lion when she came to visit me. We had a lovely meal served by very friendly staff. The bar, restaurant and hotel is dog friendly and it was a bit of a treat for my whippet to stay with me whilst we ate.
My sister said the room she stayed in with her dogs was spotless and had some fabulous, good quality 'extras'.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family