All reviews wedding venue ceremony room perfect wedding day bridal suite amazing wedding evening reception wedding coordinator roll top bath french doors sunday lunch lovely hotel full english following morning lovely room stayed for one night city centre marquee
Reviewed March 17, 2016 via mobile

Just stayed hear for 1 night as a special treat for our annivwrsary was not happy with the size of the room i have had a bigger room in a travelodge at half the price also my husband had to keep climing over me to get to his side of the bed as the bed was squashed up to the wall there was also no curtains in the room so all the light came through even with the blinds closed i am very disapointed that i have sent 3 emails and left a message with my number to be called back by a manager but still no reply so not very happy

Stayed: March 2016, travelled as a couple
Emily W, Manager at Woodlands Hotel Leeds, responded to this reviewResponded April 6, 2016

Thank you for your review. I am very disappointed to hear that you were not happy with your stay, especially as you stayed with us for a special occasion.
The rooms here at Woodlands are all different shapes and sized with us being a boutique hotel, however, I am very sorry that you were unhappy with the room allocated to you.
As for the manager response I can assure you that this is not the normal practice here at Woodlands and I will make sure the matter is investigated.
I hope you will choose to stay here at Woodlands in the future, if you do so please email our reservations manager rebecca.gledhill@woodlandsleeds.com who will ensure you are allocated the best available room.

Reviewed March 13, 2016

Just had afternoon tea at this hidden away little gem.The hotel is set in wonderful grounds, and is very well decorated, the restaurant is charming.The afternoon tea was excellent quality and value, and all served by polite well turned out staff.What i would like to know is what brand of tea do you use as it was superb in flavour. The scones and fruit tarts were delightfully light and i would assume, homemade.Would definatley recommend you try this venue, we may even return for a nights stay when next in the area.

• Stayed: March 2016, travelled with family
2  Thank michael1958186411
Reviewed March 6, 2016

Just got back from staying here for a wedding and I have to say it was an very beautiful hotel, staff were friendly and polite, food was amazing and the rooms were really comfortable and our bath was huge. Too big for me at 5ft 4 to get in and out of to be perfectly honest. Didn't get chance to sample the breakfast as it was so busy the next morning that the one waitress was rushed off her feet so we decided to skip it and make our way home instead. We didn't have too far to go otherwise we would have been prepared to wait as it looked and smelled amazing.

• Stayed: March 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed March 5, 2016 via mobile

Stayed for a wedding, fabulous surroundings lovely staff, nothing is too much. Would highly reccomended and deffinelty stay again. The only downside would be the room was a little noisy and can hear every one else's doors shut but wasn't a big deal.

Stayed: March 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed February 27, 2016 via mobile

I probably use this hotel once a month for a mid week stay when travelling on business and have stayed in most of the rooms. I would recommend opting for one of the luxury rooms as most are very spacious, if you pick their standard class rooms they vary in size from large to a couple that are very small. But hey you are not staying in a modern hotel where everyroom is the same.

Some of the rooms look a little tired around the edges if you look closer enough, however all are exceptionally clean.

I avoid eating in hotels unless I am staying at addresses that have a good food reputation. The Woodlands is a couple of miles outside of Leeds so little in the way of restaurants within walking distance so invariably I end up eating here. Its pretty standard choice wise but the food is actually ok, nothing to get excited about but i sense a competent enough chef behind the scenes.

This place scores well service wise, they seem to retain a good team, friendly bar and restaurant staff, front desk all warm and polite and the woman that looks after the breakfast service is excellent.

Would I recommend it, yes I would, its a pleasant change from the generic boxes offered by the city centre chain hotels.

Only advice to the owners would be to reinvest in the property as much as is viable as starting to look slightly worn in some areas.

Worth noting we have also had a number of corporate functions here during the summer which is normally based around a BBQ which they have to date always done an excellent job.

Stayed: February 2016, travelled on business