All reviews wedding venue ceremony room wedding breakfast perfect wedding day bridal suite guests commented on how wedding coordinator evening party evening reception roll top bath french doors luxury room evening buffet sunday lunch lovely hotel full english following morning
Reviewed April 25, 2016 via mobile

Visiting Leeds we decided to stay outside of the city centre. Got a great deal on the room and breakfast, only £69, and breakfast was delivered to the room at no extra charge which was great. Breakfast choice was very conprehensive too. Friendly staff and hotel was clean and modern. Lovely surroundings too. A solid 4!

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed April 24, 2016

When we arrived at woodlands we were made to feel welcome straight away. The staff are so friendly, helpful and attentive. The food was absolutely gorgeous, you could tell it was all cooked to order. It was my birthday while staying at the woodlands, when we returned back to the hotel there was a birthday card left In the room, which I thought was a lovely touch. We were booked into the restaurant that evening, when we sat down at our table the waitress bought over two glasses of prosseco and said " happy birthday from all the staff" I was completely taken back by this lovely gesture I felt so special. With such amazing staff, grounds and everything you could possibly want in a hotel we have decided to move our wedding from the Isle of Wight where we live to the woodlands next year, this way my grandparents could be there but also we know we are guaranteed to have such a special and amazing day. A massive thank you to all the staff who made our stay so lovely.

Reviewed April 22, 2016 via mobile

Clean, comfortable. Staff are friendly & polite. Room 19 had some low beams (sore head). Rm 22 is a generous size.
Breakfast was OK, let down by... Pre cooked poached eggs, and being served on a cold plate.
I'd go again, and recommend it.

Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed April 22, 2016

I stayed at this hotel recently on a business trip. It is a delightful hotel in a private setting, set back from the main road. Parking was excellent and the reception staff were very welcoming.
The restaurant and bar were well decorated and a pleasure to eat there. Food was fantastic - I enjoyed the Steak and this was cooked to my perfecting standards.
Breakfast was also delightful - I ordered Eggs benedict, and there were several variations on the theme.

The room was relatively small, although well equipped. Again, a small en-suite shower room, but well equipped and lovely toiletries provided.

Room tip: All rooms seem to be quiet due to location. My room did not have a view - next time I would request a room with a view
Date of stay: March 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed April 18, 2016 via mobile

Was extremely impressed with this hotel. We visited, and stayed one night whilst attending a wedding. The ceremony itself was lovely in beautiful surroundings. The food was spot on; we were extremely impressed especially considering the number of people being catered for.
The room was superb! Extremely comfortable and the bed was huge. Bathroom was a little small but had everything you would expect and like the room, was finished to a very high standard.
I would highly recommend this hotel and would happily return.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple