“Dont look for steak” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Tyrrelstown
Galway, Ireland
“Dont look for steak”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 February 2012

i went to the hotel for a seminar on 24th, 25th & 26th Feb - i have to say the hotel and staff were very good, bedrooms were excellent. on the evening of the 24th a group of 6 of us went to have a meal and started with the bar menu - which we found was limited so i went to the resteraunt for a menu at 18.30. I noticed they had a board outside giving special offers for certain meals and there was a T.Bone steak for about €16.00 and i informed the group, in which we all agreed to go to the resteraunt. 5 of us ordered the T.Bone and 1 ordered lamb. The waitress returned 3-4 minutes later saying that they had only 3 T.Bone steaks left which we found very disapointing as it was so early in the evening and felt it was very bad catering management. We agreed and sorted it out who was getting the steaks and the others ordered Rib eye steak. The morning of the 26th i went for breakfast and to my horror i noticed there was no orange juice and was informed that they were out of it.

Room Tip: i got a room facing the front which was very nice.
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
DeclanCurtis_GM, Manager at Carlton Hotel Blanchardstown, responded to this review, 1 March 2012
Dear Guest
Thank you for taking the time to deliver your feedback about your stay. I am delighted that overall you enjoyed your weekend with us here at the Carlton Hotel Blanchardstown. The T- Bones that were on special sold out quickly as they were such great value. With some our specials we can only avail of a limited stock & we had sold quiet a number earlier that same evening. I can also reassure you that there was indeed orange juice on the buffet, there may have been a moment while the stock was being replenished that it was in short supply but this was rectified immediately. Thank you once again for your feedback and I look forward to welcoming you back in the future.
Declan Curtis

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (122)
  • Polish first
Cyprus
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 February 2012

We ate in the bar of the Carlton Hotel - I had a large bowl of spicy tasty chicken wings with garlic / cheese mayo (€11). My partner had roast chicken and chips (€11) and our son had a burger and chips. Good value good quality food. Service was on the slow / sparse side!

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
DeclanCurtis_GM, Manager at Carlton Hotel Blanchardstown, responded to this review, 28 February 2012
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to deliver your feed back about our hotel. I am delighted that you enjoyed your meal with us here at the Carlton Hotel Blanchardstown. I look forward to welcoming you back soon.

letterkenny
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 February 2012

Got a carlton hotel voucher as a christmas gift and decided to stay in Blanchardstown unfortunately it was a bad choice of hotel ,I have to say bar menu is very limited.The 1 Kg of Chicken wings is not very appealing.The bar food service was not up to standard, one of the staff was sick so the customers suffered with poor, slow service. The only members of staff that were good at there job were the breakfast staff, the breakfast manager was very helpful when i requested pancakes he immediatly said no problem. The reception staff were very poor in fact they were very poor. We had interconnecting rooms that were not opened on arrival.We had to make 3 phone calls and eventually go to reception to have the door opened some 2 hours later.A lot of the other guests were loud with little manners. I would not stay in this hotel again nor would i recommend it to anyone. I feel sorry that we paid so much and got so little in return.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank myra827
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback, I was disappointed to learn that your experience during your stay with us was not an entirely positive one. I have actioned the points that you have raised in order to improve our service. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly on dcurtis@carlton.ie should you wish to discuss your experience further.

Offaly
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 February 2012

Have to say, I have a soft spot for the Carlton Hotels, and apart from one minor blip, I have always been confident in booking a Carlton Hotel and this one was no different. Stayed for one night last saturday night and had a lovely time. Made all the nicer by the fact that we got an amazing deal on Facebook (€40 for the night). I contacted the hotel to ask for an upgrade which the provided for an extra €25. When we arrived at 3pm check in was courteous and warm. We went to our room which, although a lovely room, was quite small for an upgrade and I rang reception to say that while I was happy with the room and would stay in it, I wouldn't pay the upgrade fee as I felt it wasn't an upgraded room. Reception instantly sorted this out and moved us to a junior suite without any fuss which was appreciated. The room was lovely, with a small sitting room to the side. I loved the decor and the bed was very comfortable. Lovely bathroom with subtle lighting. Bath and large separate shower. Lots of toiletries. The room was lovely and warm, with air conditioning controls in the room to suit ourselves. We didn't eat in the hotel, but did have drinks there. I wasn't mad about the lay out of the Bar, it seemed orientated towards meals with not much seating for people just having a drink. Also, the hotel is out of the way, especially if you dont know your way around, but luckily friends collected us and we went out for a meal. The bar area was quite busy but I have to say, after we went to bed we didn't hear a sound, and had a great rest. A bit of banging by staff early the next morning though, but not enough to annoy us. We had a lovely lie in and following a quick and efficient check out, we were on our way. I would recommend this hotel and I would stay here again.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
DeclanCurtis_GM, General Manager at Carlton Hotel Blanchardstown, responded to this review, 3 February 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind comments and feedback in relation to your recent stay with us here at The Carlton Hotel Blanchardstown. I am delighted that you have enjoyed your visit to the Hotel and I thank you for your feedback in relation to all aspects of your stay with us. I do hope you have occasion to visit us again soon in the near future, I would be delighted to welcome you back.

Portlaoise, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 January 2012

Got a gift voucher for Carlton hotels as a wedding present decided to use it on the Blanchardstown branch, Staff were lovely and very attentive. It was a spotless venue, bar was very relaxed, room was gorgeous its a little bit out in the sticks so its stay at hotel or get a taxi.. Grounds are very attractive and well looked after.. we ordered breakfast to the room next morning which was actually very tasty. A little bit out in the sticks but overall very much worth it.. Thanks for a lovely wkend x

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank sandraoreilly
DeclanCurtis_GM, General Manager at Carlton Hotel Blanchardstown, responded to this review, 1 February 2012
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to deliver your feed back about our hotel. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us here at the Carlton Hotel Blanchardstown. I look forward to welcoming you back soon.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 January 2012

We are a group who recently stayed,and were extremely impressed with the professionalism,efficiency and friendliness of all staff.From check- in to check -out they went out of their way to ensure we enjoyed our stay.Management obviously have their fingers on the pulse,and all staff are responding accordingly.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with friends

Makati, Philippines
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 January 2012

Our company booked us here for an extended stay (5 weeks) when it was formerly Park Plaza Tyrrelstown back in '97. Once we arrived, we thought it would be nicer to stay in a downtown apartment, but the morning commute back to Ballycoolin would have been horrendous!

The hotel is a nice place to stay, complete with all amenities except swimming pool (back in /97). Their breakfast buffet guaranteed we all gained at least 5lbs on our stay. The restaurant is pricey but has a decent menu. We ate lunch at work in Ballycoolin and headed to the Tyrrelstown Shopping Centre for take-a-way, an occassional sit-down dinner, or to the grocery for snacks to munch on back in our rooms. Their pub stayed open late so we could enjoy a few pints after a long day at work.

We saw mostly business travelers on our stay, but on the weekends, we saw occassional wedding guests or guests on holiday on a motorcoach tour.

Since we were on extended stay, the management and staff were very attentive of our needs and special requests, like room changes, housekeeping supplies, messages, internet connectivity, etc.

Although the property is way out in the western suburbs, the Dublin bus or taxi can whisk you away to Blanchardstown mall or city centre for sightseeing.

Overall, the hotel is great for business or holiday away from the city center in the Emerald Isle!

(business trip Aug-Sep 2007)

Room Tip: if staying for more than a few days, and off-peak season and if available, ask for an upgrade. One...
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank Loco E

Declan Curtis
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tyrrelstown
2.8 km away
9.3 km away
Carlton Hotel Dublin Airport
6.5 km away
Dunboyne Castle Hotel And Spa

Been to Carlton Hotel Blanchardstown? Share your experiences!