All reviews villa padierna roman baths spa staff my wife every meal from start to finish quiet spanish village an oasis of tranquility marble bathroom caminito del rey holiday mountains areas booking relaxation number package
Reviewed July 31, 2017

It is the fourth time that I spend time in this hotel. It is the most relaxing place I have ever been too. The rooms are beautiful, the spa amazing and the staff incredibly friendly and helpful. For anyone who wants to spend some days in total peace and bliss and enjoy the properties of healing mineral waters that restore your body and soul. I highly recommend it.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed May 30, 2017

My first time (at age of 45) travelling alone for a holiday and I don't think there could have been a better hotel. I was a little apprehensive of being alone and dining alone but didn't feel uncomfortable once.
I wanted a weekend of relaxation and sun and that's what I got.
Booked through Wellbeing Escapes as a package but I would have no problem booking with this hotel directly.
The room was bright and clean, with ample room and a very clean en-suite. Overlooking the hills of Malaga.
Meals were exquisite - each day/meal something different. Some I was out of my comfort zone and not sure what I was ordering as I don't speak Spanish and the English translation on the menu sometimes vague, but I can honestly say every meal was fantastic. After my first evening meal and breakfast a table was laid for me in the perfect spot on the terrace for every meal thereafter, and they knew what tea I would take and wine I would like. Attended to by hand and foot.
I was told there were around 40 rooms but the hotel wasn't fully booked and I was never just a number.
The Spa was tranquil and the relaxation areas vast with a number of different terraces, sun beds and tables/chairs. The treatments were amazing and again the staff attended to your every need.
All the staff were courteous and helpful. The driver/doorman even escorted me into the airport to make sure the flight was not disrupted due to problems with air traffic control and BA over the weekend.
I have to say I felt like I had my own personal castle and staff.
Absolutely perfect.

Room Tip: they are all amazing, but ask for one overlooking the road and hills for the best views
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank Deb K
Reviewed October 24, 2016

I spent a week at Villa Padierna Thermas on the recommendation of Wellbeing Escapes who put together a fabulous package for me. This gorgeous elegant hotel is located in a pretty and quiet Spanish village in the hills behind Malaga and was built to house Spanish royals who wanted to take advantage of the mineral waters of the spa. Meals were delicious and taken in a very pretty courtyard in the centre of the hotel. My room looked out over the mountains and was super luxurious - the bed was to die for. The spa is adjacent to the hotel and is very special. It is centred around a number of thermal baths of mineral waters and I felt like a Empress wallowing in warm water under marble columns and the watchful gaze of several Caesarian busts. The treatments were also very good and professionally administered. As a solo traveler I particularly appreciated the kindness and attentiveness of the staff both in the spa and the restaurant and felt very pampered. Villa Padierna Thermas is a very special place and provides a perfect environment to disengage from the world for a few days.

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed August 31, 2016

I spent a weekend with my wife in August, to detox and recover a little bit from our holidays with our gorgeous but exhausting kids :-) And truly, we couldn’t have chosen a better place to do so, with its wonderful spa and all.

The hotel is located in a quiet typical southern Spain white village, boasting cool nights (it is 800+ meters above sea level), and has very nice rooms, with beautiful black and white marble bathroom floors (at least in ours). The spa is breathtakingly beautiful, reminiscent of what I imagine the roman baths of 20 centuries ago would look like, and all the sulfur water treatments are very nice (of course, you have to put up with the smell, but you soon get used to it); Of all, I highly recommend the watsu treatment -basically shiatsu underwater-, which is something totally different and a great pleasure to experience! Another very nice surprise was the cuisine. Being as it is a health hotel, where they do not serve any kind of alcohol at all, you might expect the food to be a tad boring; but thanks to a great chef, all dishes look and taste great :-) Their wonderful detox and freshly squeezed fruit and vegetable juices are not to be missed!!

Last but certainly not least, a big thumbs up for all of the hotel and spa staff, they are incredibly nice and professional, but without losing that friendly andalusian warmth I appreciate so much; this though, comes as no surprise if you get to know the hotel director, a fantastic and tremendously entertaining woman; once again, congratulations and thank you for making our weekend unforgettable.

We hope to soon go back for another relaxing break, and we intend to highly recommend it to all of our friends who ask us if we know of a great health hotel :-)

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Vudyita
Reviewed May 8, 2016

Upfront, the reception areas and hallways smell like sulfur. This might come as a shock to some people, but the well informed traveller should not mind since it originates in the thermal springs.

The hotel is one of the best I ever stayed. The exhibited art/ paintings are very tasteful and fit. This is very rare for hotels. The rooms are very clean and constantly maintained by staff. Staff is very helpful and friendly.

The main attraction of the hotel are the sulfurous thermal baths and SPA area. There are five thermal indoor baths at different temperatures (18, 30, 39 C). The spa area is kept in tasteful roman style and the original elements are still maintained. In addition to that the spa area comprises five outdoor levels with an outdoor pool and a sauna. The view on the opposite mountains is great.

The breakfast was very tasty and healthy and could be supplemented with local olive oil when in need of more fat.
Dinner was nice, but slightly pricy. My fish was slightly raw and the waiter did not know what wine he served... This could be improved.

The hotel is located in the vicinity of various hiking and cycling trails and the local bull fighting arena. We rented bikes from bikes2malage who brought the bikes to the hotel and picked them up. We went to Aloras and El Burgo, which were two day tours if once takes the more difficult and scenic path over the mountain.
Caminito del rey is 30 minutes away by car. Ardales is a very nice village and a local cooperative produces and sells olive oil right at the mill at very competitive prices.

All in all I am already looking forward to my next stay at this absolutely fabulous hotel!

Room Tip: 209 was a great room
  • Stayed: May 2016, travelled with family