“Lack of atmosphere”

The St. Regis Mardavall Mallorca Resort
Reviewed 29 November 2011

Stayed here for the city break in May.
Nice spacy room. Fabulous pool area.
In-room dinning (in terrace!) better option than main restaurant.
Palma is lovely city, unfortunately the sorrounding area (south coast of island) is an Fukushima of architecture.
For the real taste of Maiorca, try the northen part of island (La Residencia as luxury option!)

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled solo
5  Thank Gordon R

Reviewed 2 November 2011

We stayed at the St. Regis, Mardavall from 4th to 15th September and our first impressions were very favourable, very relaxed and peaceful setting and a lovely room (we had a junior suite), However I was soon overtaken by
extreme stress because of the the high prices of all drinks. The only water offered free was a small bottle at the bedside otherwise we had to pay exhorbitant prices for bottled. We were consistently charged 20 euros for a gin and tonics and beers were 7.50 euros and a small glass of wine .1 litre was 7.50 euros for the cheapest wine . The plates were cold at breakfast - not at all condusive to fried eggs and the selection was very limited for me (I am a coeliac) despite letting the hotel know in advance. Over the last year I have stayed in several hotels, including the One and Only Royal Mirage in Dubai, Hotel San Clemente in Venice, these two in particular had a table full of gluten free products at breakfast, which is now normal in five star hotels throughout Europe.
Reading through the reviews made before and since my visit I cannot believe that these are genuine reviews. Most of the couples were talked were equally unhappy with the experience.
The last straw was when the restaurant (downstairs) tried to charge us 59 euros for 4 coffees on our last evening.

6  Thank Carolyn B
D_vandenDungen, Assistant to the Hotel Manager at The St. Regis Mardavall Mallorca Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 8 November 2011

Dear guest,
Thank you for posting your comments on TripAdvisor.
We are very sorry that the St. Regis Mardavall experience disappointed you and we regret that you obviously were not informed that we do have gluten free food at the breakfast, please accept our sincerest appologies.

Best regards from Mallorca,

Reviewed 29 October 2011

As a Starwood Platinum member, I booked 5 nights using points for my stay. The check-in was just the beginning of the excellent service provided by this resort. You are lead out to the terrace, overlooking the pool and sea, for a welcome drink, nibbles and rose.

They take care of all the check-in details and my room was ready the morning of my arrival. I was in contact with Sara Parade and Charlotte Fisher via email, prior to arrival to assist with details and they were very responsive and helpful. Christian Hollweck is the general manager.

Airport Transfer

I was able to find a couple to share a taxi from the airport and the price is about 32 euros for a one way ride, during normal times. As you enter the gates of the hotel, you are instantly impressed by the resort. If you have a car, they charge for parking, but it looks like next door...there is parking on the side street.

The resort can also arrange for a private transfer for you, where ever you need to go.There are good deals on RyanAir and Easy Jet from London. So you may want to book into London and take one of these to Mallorca.

Resort Room

I contacted the hotel prior to arrival to inquire about an upgrade as a Platinum member and they graciously gave me a large junior suite (690 sq ft) in the main building, in room 406.

The room is spacious with comfy king bed, table and chairs, lounge chairs, Bang & Olufsen TV-CD-DVD. One large closet with shelves and smaller one with in room safe (with tray for jewelry and electrical outlet for charging), 2 types of robes ( light weight and terry), slippers.

Automatic drapery and lighting control by the bed. Fresh fruit and chocolate waiting for you upon arrival in your room. The fruit is refilled and delivered everyday. Magazines in the room for taking out to the pool.

The large terrace had lounge chair, table and chairs (even a blanket draped over, in case you get cold) for relaxing and dining, with view of the sea. The marble bath had large tub, separate shower, separate toilet, dual "sinks" and yummy Remede toiletries, loved the bath cubes.

I had the mini bar ( nice size refrigerator) emptied so I could put my own drinks and snacks inside. The large grocery store, Mercadona, is across the street on the next block and has everything you will ever need, including cooked food (paella).

Breakfast normally comes with the room, but since I booked on points I didnt get this. The hotel did offer to provide buffet breakfast for 20 euros instead of the regular 40 euro rate. Aqua buffet is 7-11:30 am daily and room service breakfast is 30 euro.

Butler Service

As Platinum member, you will receive free bottled water daily. My favorite butler, Rico was able to provide me with sparkling water and it came everyday at 2 pm in a silver ice bucket with slices of lemon, just like I requested! They thought it was my birthday, so one day a beautiful chocolate cake appeared in my room with a lovely signed note by the manager and a huge bouquet of flowers!

There is nightly turn down service and they always give you a bottle of water on your nightstand. All the butlers provide superior service and bring you whatever you need.

Dry cleaning, shoe shine and laundry service available. They boost that they launder according to the label, including hand washing, if called for! They have a huge selection of DVD at the reception desk for you to borrow at no charge. I was also able to get electrical adapter and hot pot ( for hot water) for free.

Resort Amenities

Large main pool with lots of lounge chairs and umbrellas, surrounding the pool and on the lawn. Separate children's pool and Kid's Club. Outside the gate, you can walk down to the sea and there is a dock for sunbathing and small beach area. You can walk along the cliff for gorgeous views.

Arabella Spa with sauna, cold room, indoor pool, outdoor salt pool and jaccuzzi. Adjacent is the fitness center. Golf is nearby at Sheraton Mallorca Arabella. There is a computer under the stairs for your use, no charge and free Wifi throughout the resort. If you have any issues, they have a IT tech available to assist.

There is a small shop poolside for swim wear and casual clothes. Meeting space available to conduct business and events. All day pool side service for drinks, snacks and lunch. They serve the famous Mallorca almonds with the drinks, which I was addicted to.

The resort can arrange a picnic lunch for you or even charter a private yacht. I think the possibilities are endless.

Dining

There are many dining options at the hotel and the ES Fum is famous with prix fix menu 128 euro 6 course and 141 euro 8 course. Churchill's lounge offers pool table with drinks and cigars. ES Vent is lobby lounge, Aqua is all day dining and SA Badia is poolside.

Nearby Paloma Nova and Puerto Portals have many dining options for dinner.

Outside the resort

The bus stop to Palma is just at the gate to the resort and cost 1.85 euro for one way ride into Palma. You are not going to want to miss the cathedral or the charming town. Take the bus 103, 104, 106 back to the resort.

The marina at Puerto Portals is filled with mega yachts and some of the biggest boats I have ever seen. You can walk from the hotel or they'll give you a ride for about 10 euro one way.

The resort is so outstanding that I felt completely happy to sit on the lounge chairs on the lawn and not explore the island. The weather in September was beautiful and just perfect. One of the best resorts I have ever stayed at all around and you will not be disappointed.

Enjoy my Picasa Web Album of Mallorca

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled solo
3  Thank SusieJue
D_vandenDungen, Assistant to the Hotel Manager at The St. Regis Mardavall Mallorca Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 7 November 2011

Dear Susi,

Thank you very much for your kind feedback regarding your recent stay here with us in the St. Regis Mardavall Mallorca Resort. We really appreciate your detailed comments on your stay.

We were very pleased to be the host and that everything went the way you expected it.

I provided all the departments with your comments which for sure will be a great motivation to strive still for the high expectations and quality standards of our guests. I can assure you, that we will always do our best to encounter our guests with bespoke St. Regis Service.

Thank you again for your positive feedback given to us.

We would be very glad to welcoming you back soon at the St. Regis Mardavall Resort!

Reviewed 25 October 2011

Stayed here for a week with small children. The hotel is beautiful in lovely grounds with separate children's and adults pool areas. The facilities for the children are exceptional with caring, qualified staff. Buffet lunch and dinner for the kids were excellent. The staff in the hotel are highly trained and from the minute one arrives the atmosphere and welcome are exceptional. A flower for the ladies, a Teddy for the wee ones, birthday flowers and cake and we hadn't even told them of the big day! Remarkable. Outside the hotel there is a tree lined walkway with Palma Nova (two superb beaches) in one direction and Puerto Portals with its marina and restaurants the other way. Not cheap in the hotel for food and services but it is far from a cheap hotel in every other (good) way so if you want cheap go elsewhere but, if you want the absolute best, you will not be disappointed.

• Stayed: October 2011
D_vandenDungen, Assistant to the Hotel Manager at The St. Regis Mardavall Mallorca Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 28 October 2011

Good afternoon to Glasgow! Dear guests, we really appreciate your effort and your time for writing your opinion! Thank you so much!
We are very happy to know that you enjoyed your stay with us and will certainly pass on your feedback to our entire staff, which is a great motivation for all of us.
Hope to see you very soon again!
Lots of regards from Mallorca,

Reviewed 7 October 2011

We retuned after 4 years of trying other places on the island. It is as good if not better than ever. Yes it is expensive but they earn their money by providing great service in top class facilities.

We will return

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
D_vandenDungen, Assistant to the Hotel Manager at The St. Regis Mardavall Mallorca Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 31 October 2011

Dear guests,

We feel very flattered to know that you returned to the St. Regis Mardaval after 4 yearsl!!! Thank you for posting your feedback. We look forward to see you soon again!

Reviewed 30 September 2011

service: very nice, very attentive and efficient.
room (juniorsuite): great layout, makes you feel like home. bathroom very clean, lots of towels and shower/bath utensils.
pool: very clean, nice design, not too much chlorine. many places around pool and in garden to hang out (nice sun chairs, enough shade if wanted), you never get the feeling of over-crowdedness!

if you want to relax 100%, go to st.regis

• Stayed: September 2011
D_vandenDungen, Assistant to the Hotel Manager at The St. Regis Mardavall Mallorca Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 6 October 2011

Thanks for your great comments! Hope to see you soon again!
Lots of regards fromMallorca,

Reviewed 29 September 2011

My partner and I started our 2 week trip to Spain here at the St Regis Mardavall because we could not think of a better way to recover from jet lag than a relaxing stay by the water. My only regret is we did not stay at the resort for more than 2 nights!

I booked transportation with the hotel from the airport and was pleasantly surprised when we were greeted with a Rolls Royce. The airport was chaotic when we arrived so the chauffeured service with cold bottled water was nice way to end the long journey from san francisco. When you arrive at the property, you're escorted to the patio overlooking the ocean and greeted with a “welcome drink” and snacks while they check you in.

We were upgraded to a larger room (assuming this is because of my Starwood status) which, simply stated, was great! The view was incredible and the layout evoked a feeling of serenity. The only design choice I could not understand were the amount of doors in the room which seemed unnecessary.

We planted ourselves on the lower deck of the main pool on the 1st day and I have to say, I had one of the best naps ever! The lounge chairs are so comfortable and sound of trickling water from the infinity pools drown out any chatter from the other guests. Also, the SPA and Gym should not be missed – Every day I looked forward to spending my evenings in the spa – absolutely amazing.

The majority of the guests seemed to be either German or British and you can tell it's frequented by honeymooners and families so dinners are early and the bar can feel deserted at 9/10pm -- just something to keep in mind if you're looking for more action.

Overall, we had a great experience at the property. The staff was absolutely wonderful, and because of this, I plan to be back! You know they're all working so hard "behind the scenes". Whatever you need, you get, all without being overbearing. Everyone was just so friendly.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
D_vandenDungen, Manager at The St. Regis Mardavall Mallorca Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 30 September 2011

Hello To california! Thank you so much for your kind comments, we really appreciate this and are happy to learn that you ejoyed your stay with us!

We hope to see you soon again.

Lots of regards from Mallorca!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Costa d'en Blanes
Gran Melia Victoria
#13 of 74 in Palma de Mallorca
7.3 km away
Hotel Pure Salt Port Adriano

Been to The St. Regis Mardavall Mallorca Resort? Share your experiences!