New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Adagio Access Paris Porte de Charenton
wigan
“Loved this hotel!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 October 2011

Stayed 3 nights here with my husband. We've been to Paris many times and have had good and bad hotels. This one was quite cheap so I was a bit worried.....however it was great! 5 minutes walk from Liberte metro, it took about 40 mins from gare du Nord. The district was clean and safe with good shops and restautants. Hotel was one of the cleanest Ive been in, and Im fussy. Although not luxurious, its more than adequate for a tourist class hotel. The mini kitchen was fantastic, we bought breakfast from the local shops and could keep a stock of basics in the room, saving a fortune. Its not in the centre of Paris but a 30 min metro ride is worth it as the district is so nice and safe. I recommend the Italian restaurant near the shops and the Portuguese bar just up from the hotel, nice to have a night out and be able to walk home without the metro.

• Stayed October 2011
1 Thank mandyk21

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Montreal
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 October 2011

Actually I went there in 2009, but could not put the calendar to the correct date so here it is.

Citea is an apartment hotel style of lodging. The room are convenient but not spacious, average for european destinations.

The staff varies in friendliness, the night staff tends to be totally unresponsive (we needed Peroxyde because of a bad cut with a knife and the clerk would not help at all). The day staff was much more sympathetic, so can't say it's a general problem.

The settings for the hotel where fine, we were on a budget so cooking our own meals a couple of knights allowed us to get a fine dinner one night close to Notre-Dame :)

The hotel is in the 13th, and we took the bus to the Gare de Lyon which only a couple of km from the hotel, unfortunately the cab ride was the usual fraud, we got stiffed for 20 EU when we could have basically walked the distance. Needless to say we took the metro to go back on our last day,

The 13th is remote from the activities so if you like to stay out at night and go around come back late and don't like the metro, then better to shop around for a place in the 1st or somewhere closer to the action. But if you are not affraid of travelling in the metro at night, it is 30 min away from all the main attractions.

For the price we can't complain, it was good, cleaned, convenient and very calm settings. Some little restaurants at walking distance, nothing fancy but still good food :)

• Stayed November 2010, travelled with friends
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 October 2011

We picked this hotel because it received generally high marks and was near two Metro stops (same line). Our 4th floor room was clean and the bed was comfortable. We liked having the kitchenette which we used just a bit. From the hotel one can walk north to the closest stop, although there are no escalators and the walk is along an empty feeling street (fine for daytime). If one walks south it's through a lively neighborhood of shops, restaurants, and a nice bakery. There's also an escalator! We felt safe walking there at night. From the hotel it's 20-45 minutes to all the main sites of Paris. If you are looking for something with "character" or in walking distance of the main tourist areas, this isn't it. If you want a better price for a hotel in a more neighborhood setting, I think you'll like this one.

Room Tip: Check out the nearby bakery.
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank nazpaz
Winnipeg, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 September 2011

I stayed here for a week w/ mom-in-law. I loved the area. My Paris regret is that I didn't spend more time here in this neighbourhood rather than rushing each day to the hustle & bustle of Paris. We would walk back from Metro each night around midnight or later w/o any problems. This area is dead at night but so beautiful. The hotel says it has blowdryers for use. It has one & in 8 days it wasn't available once. Staff was kind and helpful with directions. I requested the top floor with eiffel tower view,but it is so far away. I was so impressed with value for money that I recently found a deal to Paris a month from now at this hotel that I will book BECAUSE of the hotel & location. And it's $400 cheaper than I paid last yr.

• Stayed October 2010
1 Thank travelDina
Gdansk, Poland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 September 2011

I've stayed there with my wife for 7 nights in september 2011 and I have to say that it was very clean and nice hotel. Rooms are well equipped - pots, glasses, wine glasses, plates, knives, tv (only french channels), fridge, microwave. There was ethernet cable in the room, but I had no computer to check if there was Internet available with it. Free Wi-Fi is available only in the lobby. Staff was kind and spoke english well. Hotel is located near metro station (line 8 - Porte de Cahrenton), and there are shops nearby.
There are rooms with windows facing a road - they could be very noisy. Our was very quiet and we had window opened all night.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 August 2011

We stayed at this hotel for 3 days in Feb 2011 for a quick family break to Paris. The hotel seemed fine when we got there- it has parking facilities (you pay extra) and is a little bit out of central Paris but about 30mins on the metro. The rooms are basic, but you can't complain for the price.

Our nightmare began on our first night where, as one of us had a shower, the bathroom started flooding. As a result, a lot of things that were on the floor including suitcases, shoes, etc got soaked. The staff at reception, who can all speak English, were COMPLETELY USELESS. There is only ever 1 person there at a time. At the time of the flooding there was a young black girl who was nice, but said there was nothing she could do. After I kicked up a fuss saying we couldn't possibly stay in that room she gave us another room. To my horror, the new room had not been cleaned properly and the bedsheets had blood stains on them. I went to reception again to ask for new sheets at the very least, but she didn't even know how to help with that. That night was awful and nearly ruined the trip for me.

I remember reading someone else's review that their room had flooded, but decided to go with the majority positive reviews. Now I think I should've paid more attention to the reviews about flooding.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank skyblue32london

Travellers are raving about these Charenton-le-Pont hotels

Sao Paulo, SP
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 August 2011

I enjoyed the place very much! The rooms are modern and clean, with free internet access and a good selection of TV channels for free. The staff was very kind and helped me with every single thing I needed.
The prices are great and if you need to make a low-budget trip, the kitchen available in the room may help you save some money as you can prepare your own meals. There's a nice supermarket near where you can get most of what you may need.
Just have in mind that it's like 30 min from Paris downtown, if that's something that might disturb you. But there are two subway stations as near as a 5 minute walk.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with friends
4 Thank Ideocriminal
Also consider these accommodations in or near Charenton-le-Pont
Novotel Paris Sud Porte de Chare...
#1 of 3 in Charenton-le-Pont
Bercy / Nation
Adagio Paris Bercy Village
Adagio Paris Bercy Village
#674 of 1,816 in Paris

Been to Adagio Access Paris Porte de Charenton? Share your experiences!