“Roomy place”

Adagio Access Paris Porte de Charenton
Vladivostok, Russia
“Roomy place”
Reviewed 23 April 2012

The most spacious room I have ever had in Paris. Fridge, kettle and all other kitchen ware were in the room. Place was clean and peacefull. Staff was friendly and helpfull.

Room Tip: Take a room faced into backyard.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank ValD29

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed 27 March 2012

I stayed at the Adagio (citéa) Porte de Charenton from March 19th to 26th. I went there knowing that this wasn't a fancy room and that I was there to stay.. not enjoy the room.. And it was perfect. Everything was clean, the was not any kind of residue on the tile.. not one weird hair anywhere.. sheets were clean and fresh, kitchenette had everything I needed to cook..

HOWEVER .. I came in one night around 930-10pm and decided to cook to have a quick meal.. I was starving and no matter what I tried the hotplates were not working.. so I had to microwave my pasta.. (this is why I docked my 5th star..)

I was also pleasantly surprised that the Tv had plenty of channels and was equipped with satelite, even if my remote was very fussy... (low battery maybe.. ? not a bother.. that kind of stuff happens )

One little glitch that didn't bother me too much but may be of interest to another traveler.- Matress had a groove on one side... and i kept rolling into that spot.. maybe a mattress flip over was due ..

Also, the safe was great, I was able to put in my own code. The room service staff was very nice and welcoming, i did not have the service since I was staying over 7 days but whenever they saw me they said hello and asked how my trip was going. I was on the freeway side of the hotel on the 2nd level and heard nothing. the windows are really thick and it was very very silent.. not a peep to be heard. I had also read traveler reviews that complained about the showers having no curtains and flooding the bathroom.. this is very common in europe and i had seen it before so I wasnt surprised.. so it`s not unusual and its not a flaw per se. Didn`t bother me .. I had flipflops for the shower so i just pushed the excess water down the drain when i was done and it was dry by morning.

I just thought it was weird that when you stay 1-3 days housekeeping is included and you have to pay for it when you stay over 4 days .. ??... shouldn't it be the other way around ??

It was a bit far from everything however the metro was 5 minutes away. Since it wasn`t my first time in Paris this didn't bother me at all.. I saw on some other reviews that people thought the restaurants on the street were great and all.. I didn`t go to any but none looked appealing to me.. there was an organic grocery store right next to the metro that was great and the bakery that`s a 1 minute walk from the hotel was also fantastic. I stopped there every morning.

Anyway .. great stay all round for me I would definately stay there again.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank Natacha P
Rio de Janeiro, RJ
Reviewed 23 November 2011

I stayed 6 nights with my wife, from 16 November 2011. The room was very nice, very very clean and silent. We read about about theft in Paris hotels rooms and we were concerned , but we had no problem. There is a safe with digital code (no keys needed) in the room where we kept our notebook and other stuff. The room´s kitchenette with microwave and stove was useful. There are 2 metro stations close to the hotel and a bus stop even closer. We used the metro a lot, but we preferred the bus lines, because of the sightseeing. There are cheap restaurants near the hotel. We liked a Portuguese one. The hotel receptionists were very kind and helpful. Beatrice, Andres and Caudi are the ones we met. Although the hotel is part of the Accor Group, we could not use the late check-out benefit from Accor´s A!Club Platinum. Our flight back to Brasil was late at night and the hotel´s ckeckout is at 11:00 AM, but they kept our luggage in a closed room while we went to our last walk in Paris. If I come back to Paris, I will stay in this hotel again.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Franc1sc0
Andover, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 November 2011

I stayed here with a work colleague in October 2011. It was really cheap which is why we picked it but it was a little too cheap in quality for me. That isn't to say that the hotel didn't have exactly what it said it would. I just think I should have been more aware of my personal standards and what I was looking for.

I had a twin room so that my colleague and I could stay together, which we have done many times, but the single beds were so tiny and very close together.that it felt too intimate for comfort. That made me feel very aware of our proximity and I slept fitfully due to that. At one point I realised that I had my foot on my colleagues bed rather than my own!

It is absolutely fine though if you want somewhere really cheap that is clean and feels safe. It is quite near to a Metro stop so getting into the city wasn't an issue. I wouldn't recommend it though as a room to share with someone you aren't very close to.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled on business
east yorks
Reviewed 2 November 2011

I booked 2 rooms here for 4 nights starting on the 22nd Oct. One room was for myself, husband and twin 15yr old daughters and the 2nd for my parents and 19yr old neice. My parents rooms were lovely for the 3 of them but we found ours a little small for the 4. It would have been cramped and nearly impossible to sit 4 of us around the table. I asked for another room and this was not a problem at all and we got one on the ground floor. I found the hotel to be exactly what we wanted and at a very affordable price especially for Paris. It was not far out and I am sure that if we wanted we could have walked into the centre. It was clean - had all the pots pans etc you needed - the staff were very helpful and we were able to leave our luggage there on the last day. There was a little traffic noise in the first room but nothing in the second. We didn't discover the shutters for the windows until we were leaving but they would have helped block out any noise. The hotel situated very close to metro - when I go back to Paris I will certainly stay here again. We did have internet access in our room - just asked for password at reception - this was free. I really can't speak to highly of it because of the cleanliness, friendliness of staff and the price.

Room Tip: The first room we had was 424 and although it was quite spacious the living area with the sofa bed w...
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Charenton-le-Pont
1.6 km away
Adagio Access Paris Quai d Ivry
Adagio Access Paris Quai d Ivry
#5 of 7 in Ivry-sur-Seine
0.5 km away
Novotel Paris Sud Porte de Charenton
Novotel Paris Sud Porte de Chare...
#1 of 3 in Charenton-le-Pont
30.3 km away
Explorers Hotel
Explorers Hotel
#2 of 8 in Magny-le-Hongre

Been to Adagio Access Paris Porte de Charenton? Share your experiences!