“Surroundings, service, food”

Monasterio de San Francisco
Cuisines: Spanish
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Es el restaurante del hotel del mismo nombre
Reviewed 7 March 2017

The menu is fairly limited but the food is good. Dine in the restaurant half or drinks and snacks in the extraordinarily comfortable lounge half.

Reviewed 26 October 2016

We were staying at the hotel, but after arriving late on the first day, decided to eat at the hotel rather than explore the town's restaurants. The food choice was reasonable and the service better than average, but the food was a little bland for our taste (actually, we found this true of most dishes provided by Spanish restaurants). The cost of the dinner was expensive - much more than it was worth.
In summary, we had a 3 star meal and service, but paid a 5 star price - for the rest of out holiday, we did not take any breakfasts there, and always dined in alternative restaurants.

Reviewed 28 April 2016 via mobile

I'm a vegetarian and told the waiter. He suggest a mushroom risotto and said it had no meat. When it came and I started eating it, I found chunks of beef along with the chunks of mushrooms. I called the waiter and told him I thought there was meet in the dish. He went to the kitchen and when he came back said the chef had confirmed that there was no meat but only 3 kinds of mushrooms. I stopped eating the dish but picked out the suspected objects. After dinner I asked my tour leader (I was on a bike tour) and he confirmed that it was meat. He spoke with the kitchen and they could not explain the meat. They did not credit my bill. I was a foreigner and did not escalate the issue. They lied and refused to admit they lied.

Reviewed 6 August 2015

We were all alone in the monestary, with a private court yard dinner. Food impeccable, big portions and great service. It felt surreal though, to be all alone in the place, but different and beautiful and a great memory.

Reviewed 31 October 2012

Building should be wonderful inside and but but lacked soul. Horrid location and very poor customer service. A huge disappointment

3  Thank Joedy