We went in early November 2017.
Nice quiet hotel, with reasonable facilities and surprisingly good food. Free Wifi in the lounge, one paying bar and one free bar. Long walk from Port Ghalib marina, but you can get a bus for 1 euro. Hotel beach is about a 10 minute walk, so most people kept by the pool.
Restaurant was downstairs, so if you are unsteady or disabled there is a longer walk round. most nights there was honest vegetables (Cauliflower cheese, carrots, mash). Certainly what I would call British. Which made the meals very enjoyable. Great soups. Previous reviews of the hotel state the food is rubbish... ignore all that it was great.
Rooms were good sized and very clean, shower had good pressure and always hot. Air con worked perfectly. Only real downside was the lack of Tea/coffee making facilities in the room.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Marina Lodge at Port Ghailb offers 201 rooms, where guests can feel at home in one of the many beautifully appointed, Nubian-styled rooms, while enjoying the picturesque garden or Marina view from their own private balcony or terrace. All rooms feature the following facilities: • 24 hours service • Hairdryer • Satellite TV • Individually controlled air conditioning • International direct dial telephone • Voltage 220 V • Dressing table • Internet access (With Charge) Contact Reception • Adaptor • Walk in shower • Mini bar • Safe • Sofa RESTAURANTS & BARS Marina Lodge at Port Ghalib offers a choice of restaurants and bars with superb views of Port Ghalib International Marina in addition to an extensive 24 hour room service menu. • Indigo: Serves breakfast, lunch and dinner buffet style. • 50 Bar:An indoor / outdoor bar provides daily entertainment and a wide variety of beverages. WITH EXTRA CHARGES • Shark Bites: A poolside snack bar • Viz: A rooftop terrace serving a wide variety of beverages • Shisha Corner: A romantic open-air venue offering flavored tobaccos, hot and cold Egyptian drinks. SPORTS & RECREATION • Private beach • 2 large swimming pools on two levels • Gymnasium • Large sun terrace • Sauna and massage • 5-Stars PADI registered diving operator • 3 meters diving pool for beginner, intermediate and advanced diving courses on site and dive lectures. • Dive Shop • Kayaking, windsurfing, parasailing and wake-boarding 15 minutes from the hotel). Thank you for choosing Marina Lodge At Port Ghalib and wishing you pleasant stay with us. The Management ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your Marina Lodge at Port Ghalib reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Marina Lodge At Port Ghalib Hotel Marsa Alam
- Marina Hotel Marsa Alam
- Marina Hotel At Port Ghalib