2,797 results
All reviews coral nursery jala restaurant tepian laut datai bay north wing flying lemurs pool access room beach bar fish restaurant beautiful beach fish feeding monitor lizards morning and evening rainforest room main restaurant nature walk kids club
Reviewed October 6, 2017 via mobile

We got a suite room when we went to Langkawi for our honeymoon.. it was an awesome place to be at the right time. The service was excellent. Cleanliness was at its greatest and such a wonderful place to visit especially as a honeymoon destination.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
AndamanLangkawi, Executive Assistance Manager at The Andaman, A Luxury Collection Resort, responded to this reviewResponded October 7, 2017

Dear Sherlyn_Diaz,
How kind you are... I am glad to know you enjoyed the stay with us and thank you for your comprehensive review on our TripAdvisor.
Furthermore, I am delighted to know our associate took good care of you during the stay... just as it h
Should be!
Please allow me to say once again how grateful I am towards your feedback and I do hope that we may welcome you again in the future. If I may be of further assistance, please do contact me via mohd.tasriff@luxurycollection.com, my team and I remain at your service.

Reviewed October 5, 2017 via mobile

This is a tough review to write because the typical pros and cons won't do. The things that make this place great are the same things that might keep us from returning...

Location: Datai Bay is GORGEOUS. The resort basically has the beach to itself (With the Datai closed). White sand, clear water, plenty of room, jungle mountain backdrop, etc. the issue is its 35 minutes from anything (closest convenience store is a 20 min drive) We left the property for 6 hours yesterday and dropped 70 USD on taxis and maybe traveled 25 miles roundtrip.

Price: Cost of flights and stay is value for money, but the cost of food/drink at the resort is exorbitant. My scale is the cost of a beer by the pool. Here: 8 USD. The Berjaya where we had dinner last night: 2.50 USD. The schpeal about comparable prices is malarkey; they know they have you stuck (hotel shop has no food or drink either). If you eat/drink here, you'll pay. If you leave, you'll pay in cab fare... if this doesn't bother you, go for it!

Price part two: This ain't the Four Seasons, but with a cost of about half, it's a deal. This means families... lots of families and Kids. This suited us, but this is NOT the place for romance. If this is what you want, hit the Datai once it reopens or a villa at the Berjaya (or spring for the 500 USD per night spots!).

Breakfast: Get your money's worth. Hit the Bloody Mary and sparkling wine station hard. Get in the egg and noodle stations and order stuff from the servers. They don't tell you, but you can order a ton of extra stuff for free (pancakes, waffles, French toast, iced coffee, etc.). Go big. 20 USD per person is the best deal here.

Animals: Great wildlife. Wild pigs, monitor lizards, monkeys, flying lemurs, and more. Did the daily "jungle walk" which was basically a boring lap around the hotel. Skip it and just soak in the surroundings.

Tips: Bring all the booze and snacks you can carry. Duty free at the airport and the convenience store on the way should sort you out. Ice is free and easy to get.
A 4th floor seaview room is the way to go. We got "upgraded" (like every other reviewer!) to 2nd floor room which was nice. The suites and garden deluxe are ground floor with no view or breeze. Garden deluxe is mosquito central. Seaview upper floor FTW.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank Kasivia

Dear Kasivia,
Welcome back to The Andaman! I am happy to know you and enjoy the vacation with our resort location and you are correct! We are surrounded by 10 million year old rainforest – and further away from the main touristic areas. We think that this combination of 10 million year old rainforest and coral sand beach is a little bit magical and certainly a little corner for this island.
I am especially happy to know you are have a great time with us and please allow me to say once again how grateful I am towards your feedback and I do hope that we may welcome you again in the future. If I may be of further assistance, please do contact me via mohd.tasriff@luxurycollection.com, my team and I remain at your service.

Reviewed October 5, 2017

Stayed at the resort for a week. Had a great stay and great service at the front desk and breakfast staff. I would like to commend the staff at the hotel for awesome and great service and always going the extra mile for the guests.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear Yusuf11223,
You are very kind indeed! I am delighted to know you enjoyed the stay with us and it is kind of you to compliments our associate where they were friendly and welcoming.
Once again, thank you for your review on Trip Advisor, I do hope that we may welcome you again in the future. If I may mohd.tasriff@luxurycollection.com, my team and I look forward to taking care of you again at The Andaman.

Reviewed October 4, 2017

We had a 7 nights stay which was based largely on my experience of struggling for longer periods on secluded holidays. Well, i didn't want to leave!

Our accommodation was breathtaking; we opted for accommodation with a private pool which was used often. The place blended paradise with tropical just perfectly.

We attended late September 2017 and the place seemed so quiet, yet populated. The staff - all of them - just couldnt do enough. I didn't have to stand for a drink at anytime and were waited on the entire time.

We took a few trips out, but this was due to overcast conditions as otherwise we would have happily milled about the fantastic resort. We visited the Beach bar at 5pm everyday where the discount is literally determined by the temperature at 3pm that day. Contrary to many of the reviews on here i didn't find the pricing that expensive. We visited KL prior to the Andaman and found the prices comparable.

The food and drink where both of a very high standard. We especially enjoyed the Malayan restaurant; the food was exceptional which was aided with beach/sea view.

Absolutely outstanding in all regards.

Room Tip: Lock your doors or the monkeys will be in!
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
AndamanLangkawi, Executive Assistance Manager at The Andaman, A Luxury Collection Resort, responded to this reviewResponded October 5, 2017

Dear Carlandtacey,
You are very kind indeed! I am delighted to know you and your partner enjoyed the stay with us and grinned to know that you enjoyed the stay with our room that you were comfortable – wonderful!
Thank you for your remark on our Tepian Laut and I am delighted to know that you found our happy hour at our Beach Bar – the connection between hot sunny temperatures and the discount offered. This venue does have the gorgeous location in our resort when you enjoyed your drink right on the beach… and is the best spot to enjoy the sunset – just wonderful!

Reviewed October 4, 2017

its an amazing place on an amazing location. Friendly staff.
we were upgraded to the sea view room.
best part it didn't rained, so we enjoyed the pool, beach and the bar to the fullest.
i just couldn't get enough of it.

if i could ever again i will definitely stay here again.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple

Dear Moeed q,
Thank you for sharing your recent stay experience with us and I am thrilled to know that you enjoyed the stay with our Luxury Seaview Rooms and I do agree with your comment about the room styling with a full length window – offers stunning views of Datai Bay and quite transforms the room.
It is kind of you to compliments our associate where they were friendly and too good care of you during the stay! I am especially happy to know you enjoyed the stay with our resort environment…I do agree with your comment our resort location and it is truly a hidden gem at Langkawi – wonderful!
Last but not least, I am glad to know you are coming back to The Andaman for your return stay! Next time, we hope that you will come for a longer stay! If I may be of further assistance, please do contact me via mohd.tasriff@luxurycollection.com, my team and I look forward to taking care of you again at The Andaman.