“Great Holiday…Outstanding Customer Service”

The Andaman, A Luxury Collection Resort
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Datai
Reviewed 6 October 2017

We just got back from a lovely and lively holiday in Langkawi. We stayed at The Andaman, luxury Collection. it was absolutely wonderful from the moment that we were picked from the airport to the time that we were dropped back to the airport. The journey started with a warm welcome at the airport by the hotel staff. The location is in the midst of 10 million years old rain forest, on one side it is open to Andaman sea and the other side is impenetrable forest. It is very rare and unique location. It takes about 40 minutes drive from the airport. The drive was amazing, the rich experience of driving through golf course and dense forest area to reach the hotel. The checkin was very smooth and cordial (advantage of being a lifetime gold member). We stayed in luxury pool access room – south wing. The staff, the room the pools and the relaxing atmosphere made this resort a place that we must return to. This is a resort to relax, swim, eat and drink.

There are four restaurants and a coffee shop, one of them is Japanese restaurant. To start with, the breakfast selection was like no other I have tried!. The selection and the options are wide and caters to different walks of life. Each item is delicious and lure you to taste everything. Coconut water goes very well with breakfast. Lastly, to conclude breakfast relish Masala Tea prepared by Ajay. This is not part of the menu and is freshly prepared upon request and is gratis.

We would like to thank four staff members Chef. Sankaran (who was very very accommodative to cook veg. meal for both lunch and dinner) He cooked delicious and hot meal everyday and the beauty is, he did not repeat the dish thoughout our stay. We strongly recommend guests to interact with him to relish the dishes he cooks. He is innovative. Second person is Mr. Alwyn, from concierge, he went out of the way to extend support and ensured our requirements are addressed. The third person is Mr. Vijay, Director, Finance, down to earth and radiates positive energy. He is a man of action and man of words. We have a special place for him for the gesture and Impeccable service extended, we are touched by his service and it will be remembered for a very long time. The fourth person is Mr. Jose Ignacio Carazo, he works at Malay restaurant facing the beach. Every evening he enquired about our well being and exchanged notes. Feel good factor interacting with him.

We would like mention another special person Mr. Selvam, has abundant knowledge on butterfly and has authored a book. It is worthwhile to invest time with him to know about butterflies and its lifecycle.

We were privileged to meet the above three staff members who were instrumental in making our holiday outstanding and ensuring our specific requirements are met to our satisfaction.

The entire staff were so friendly and helpful, the resort is so beautiful with many delights to explore. There are many different places around the resort to just sit, and be, and enjoy a unique view of this spectacular spot on our planet.

Definitely, will be back….

Finally, a suggestion to the management – kindly create a docket about the resort and the coral lab that you are promoting to balance the ecosystem. Also, the resort is in rain forest, introduce indoor sports and come up with innovative ideas to engage guests whenever it rains and otherwise too.

Tip of guests – The resort is safe and secure, enough care is take by the management to put in place safety measures. As the resort is in the middle of rainforest, at times, you may experience some sound, do not panic bring it to the attention of the staff, you are assured of the resolution.

Room Tip: pool access room
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank bushan
AndamanLangkawi, Executive Assistance Manager at The Andaman, A Luxury Collection Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 8 October 2017

Dear Bushan,
How kind you are... I am glad to know you enjoyed the stay with our resort location and you are right! We are surrounded by the 10 million years old rainforest with the 10th best beach in the world recognized by National Geographic in 2011 - Datai Bay... we do thi k that this is definitely a hidden gem in Langkawi Island.
Furthermore, I am especially happy to know that our associate took good care of you during the stay and thank you for comprehensive review to Alvin, Chef Sankaran, Vijay and Jose...thank you. I have passed your message go them and I do believe that you have made their day!
Please allow me to say once again how grateful I am towards your feedback and I am thrilled to know we may welcome you again to The Andaman Resort. If I may be of further assistance, please do contact me via mohd.tasriff@luxurycollection.com, my team and I remain at your service.

Reviewed 6 October 2017 via mobile

We got a suite room when we went to Langkawi for our honeymoon.. it was an awesome place to be at the right time. The service was excellent. Cleanliness was at its greatest and such a wonderful place to visit especially as a honeymoon destination.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
AndamanLangkawi, Executive Assistance Manager at The Andaman, A Luxury Collection Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 7 October 2017

Dear Sherlyn_Diaz,
How kind you are... I am glad to know you enjoyed the stay with us and thank you for your comprehensive review on our TripAdvisor.
Furthermore, I am delighted to know our associate took good care of you during the stay... just as it h
Should be!
Please allow me to say once again how grateful I am towards your feedback and I do hope that we may welcome you again in the future. If I may be of further assistance, please do contact me via mohd.tasriff@luxurycollection.com, my team and I remain at your service.

Reviewed 5 October 2017 via mobile

This is a tough review to write because the typical pros and cons won't do. The things that make this place great are the same things that might keep us from returning...

Location: Datai Bay is GORGEOUS. The resort basically has the beach to itself (With the Datai closed). White sand, clear water, plenty of room, jungle mountain backdrop, etc. the issue is its 35 minutes from anything (closest convenience store is a 20 min drive) We left the property for 6 hours yesterday and dropped 70 USD on taxis and maybe traveled 25 miles roundtrip.

Price: Cost of flights and stay is value for money, but the cost of food/drink at the resort is exorbitant. My scale is the cost of a beer by the pool. Here: 8 USD. The Berjaya where we had dinner last night: 2.50 USD. The schpeal about comparable prices is malarkey; they know they have you stuck (hotel shop has no food or drink either). If you eat/drink here, you'll pay. If you leave, you'll pay in cab fare... if this doesn't bother you, go for it!

Price part two: This ain't the Four Seasons, but with a cost of about half, it's a deal. This means families... lots of families and Kids. This suited us, but this is NOT the place for romance. If this is what you want, hit the Datai once it reopens or a villa at the Berjaya (or spring for the 500 USD per night spots!).

Breakfast: Get your money's worth. Hit the Bloody Mary and sparkling wine station hard. Get in the egg and noodle stations and order stuff from the servers. They don't tell you, but you can order a ton of extra stuff for free (pancakes, waffles, French toast, iced coffee, etc.). Go big. 20 USD per person is the best deal here.

Animals: Great wildlife. Wild pigs, monitor lizards, monkeys, flying lemurs, and more. Did the daily "jungle walk" which was basically a boring lap around the hotel. Skip it and just soak in the surroundings.

Tips: Bring all the booze and snacks you can carry. Duty free at the airport and the convenience store on the way should sort you out. Ice is free and easy to get.
A 4th floor seaview room is the way to go. We got "upgraded" (like every other reviewer!) to 2nd floor room which was nice. The suites and garden deluxe are ground floor with no view or breeze. Garden deluxe is mosquito central. Seaview upper floor FTW.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank Kasivia

Dear Kasivia,
Welcome back to The Andaman! I am happy to know you and enjoy the vacation with our resort location and you are correct! We are surrounded by 10 million year old rainforest – and further away from the main touristic areas. We think that this combination of 10 million year old rainforest and coral sand beach is a little bit magical and certainly a little corner for this island.
I am especially happy to know you are have a great time with us and please allow me to say once again how grateful I am towards your feedback and I do hope that we may welcome you again in the future. If I may be of further assistance, please do contact me via mohd.tasriff@luxurycollection.com, my team and I remain at your service.

Reviewed 5 October 2017

Stayed at the resort for a week. Had a great stay and great service at the front desk and breakfast staff. I would like to commend the staff at the hotel for awesome and great service and always going the extra mile for the guests.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear Yusuf11223,
You are very kind indeed! I am delighted to know you enjoyed the stay with us and it is kind of you to compliments our associate where they were friendly and welcoming.
Once again, thank you for your review on Trip Advisor, I do hope that we may welcome you again in the future. If I may mohd.tasriff@luxurycollection.com, my team and I look forward to taking care of you again at The Andaman.

Reviewed 4 October 2017

We had a 7 nights stay which was based largely on my experience of struggling for longer periods on secluded holidays. Well, i didn't want to leave!

Our accommodation was breathtaking; we opted for accommodation with a private pool which was used often. The place blended paradise with tropical just perfectly.

We attended late September 2017 and the place seemed so quiet, yet populated. The staff - all of them - just couldnt do enough. I didn't have to stand for a drink at anytime and were waited on the entire time.

We took a few trips out, but this was due to overcast conditions as otherwise we would have happily milled about the fantastic resort. We visited the Beach bar at 5pm everyday where the discount is literally determined by the temperature at 3pm that day. Contrary to many of the reviews on here i didn't find the pricing that expensive. We visited KL prior to the Andaman and found the prices comparable.

The food and drink where both of a very high standard. We especially enjoyed the Malayan restaurant; the food was exceptional which was aided with beach/sea view.

Absolutely outstanding in all regards.

Room Tip: Lock your doors or the monkeys will be in!
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
AndamanLangkawi, Executive Assistance Manager at The Andaman, A Luxury Collection Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 5 October 2017

Dear Carlandtacey,
You are very kind indeed! I am delighted to know you and your partner enjoyed the stay with us and grinned to know that you enjoyed the stay with our room that you were comfortable – wonderful!
Thank you for your remark on our Tepian Laut and I am delighted to know that you found our happy hour at our Beach Bar – the connection between hot sunny temperatures and the discount offered. This venue does have the gorgeous location in our resort when you enjoyed your drink right on the beach… and is the best spot to enjoy the sunset – just wonderful!

Reviewed 4 October 2017

its an amazing place on an amazing location. Friendly staff.
we were upgraded to the sea view room.
best part it didn't rained, so we enjoyed the pool, beach and the bar to the fullest.
i just couldn't get enough of it.

if i could ever again i will definitely stay here again.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple

Dear Moeed q,
Thank you for sharing your recent stay experience with us and I am thrilled to know that you enjoyed the stay with our Luxury Seaview Rooms and I do agree with your comment about the room styling with a full length window – offers stunning views of Datai Bay and quite transforms the room.
It is kind of you to compliments our associate where they were friendly and too good care of you during the stay! I am especially happy to know you enjoyed the stay with our resort environment…I do agree with your comment our resort location and it is truly a hidden gem at Langkawi – wonderful!
Last but not least, I am glad to know you are coming back to The Andaman for your return stay! Next time, we hope that you will come for a longer stay! If I may be of further assistance, please do contact me via mohd.tasriff@luxurycollection.com, my team and I look forward to taking care of you again at The Andaman.

Reviewed 3 October 2017 via mobile

Expensive but beautiful
Food is good with beautiful views depending on what type of rooms u take
Good service and faraway from bustling streets
Safe environment and authentically n perfectly located by clean beach

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank lengy2016
AndamanLangkawi, Executive Assistance Manager at The Andaman, A Luxury Collection Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 3 October 2017

Dear Lengy2016,
Thank you for choosing our resort for your stay in Langkawi Island and I am delighted to know our associate took good care of you during the stay – just as it should be!
I am especially happy to know you enjoyed the stay with our resort environment. As you discovered, we are surrounded by 10 million year old rainforest – and further away from the main touristic areas. If guests wish to have a tranquil, peaceful holiday close to nature …this is definitely a little paradise in Langkawi Island.
Executive Assistance Manager

Also consider these accommodations in or near Datai
6.9 km away
The St. Regis Langkawi
#4 of 104 in Langkawi
0.9 km away
The Datai Langkawi

Been to The Andaman, A Luxury Collection Resort? Share your experiences!