2,831 results
All reviews coral nursery jala restaurant tepian laut datai bay north wing flying lemurs pool access room beach bar fish restaurant jacuzzi suite beautiful beach fish feeding monitor lizards morning and evening rainforest room main restaurant nature walk
Reviewed October 15, 2017

I think the reception could tell we were frazzled from our red eye flight, and we were delighted to be upgraded to executive suite with its own pool and sun loungers.
The Andamen is beautiful location, beach is fantastic with thousands of tiny crabs when the tide is out.sea is warm, as is the rain. Note Oct is rainy season, yet usuallly short bursts and then clears up. The wildlife is wonderful be it monkeys, gliding lemurs, monitor lizards, squirrells. Pleasant surprise that very little mosquitos.
Pluses
-Staff very friendly and helpful
-SPA treatments- massages are great experience.
-Nature guide by the hotel.
-Happy hour concessions linked to the temperature.
-Yoga
- not crowded
-Grounds lovely and well maintained.
-Make the effort to travel to the cable car and Seven Wells waterfall, well worth it.
-Great breakfast selection, goods around the world.

Areas to improve.
-Like many of the reviews the Andamen is very clean, yet is showing age and needs investment in maintenance to justify the 5 star status.
-Whilst good choice of restaurants( fish restaurant was excellent), as nothing else within reasonable distance you are limited to use the hotel restaurants when are very pricy for the quality.
-The tide does bring in rubbish, plastics, more effort from the beach staff to maintain this in pristine condition bearing in mind the conservationist approach.

We are very grateful to the staff in making our trip an enjoyable break.
Stuart and Julie

Room Tip: Executive suites are great if you can get them. $$$
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
AndamanLangkawi, General Manager at The Andaman, A Luxury Collection Resort, responded to this reviewResponded October 16, 2017

Dear Stuart and Julie,
Thank you for your review on Trip Advisor and thank you for choosing our resort for your stay at Langkawi Island. Kudos for you to experience our Executive Pool Suite I am glad you have been able to enjoy the partial sea view from a 34- to 52-square-metre patio, which comprises a private plunge pool – wonderful!
I am especially happy to know you enjoyed the stay with our little frequent guest and you are right! The Andaman is surrounded by a 10 million year old rainforest and because so many of our trees and fauna were protected and maintained from the very start, the wildlife had no reason to move …and so we all (guests, monkeys, lemurs, hornbills etc) live in perfect peace together (most days!).
It is kind of you to compliments our V Botanical Spa – which is set on the hillside, so that the views from the spa across the bay are fantastic. This is the first spa in Southeast Asia to offer 100% certified-organic food-grade products.
Furthermore, I do notice on your comment about the need for updating our resort setting. We have completed our resort refurbishment few years ago and we are committed to driving this plan forward and we will as we are eager to provide a truly indigenous and luxurious experience to our guests. Thank you for your compliments on our Beach team efforts to keep the beach cleanliness… we do think that it is important for us to provide a clean and comfortable environment to our guest.
Once again, thank you for your review on Trip Advisor, especially your compliments towards our associate…much appreciated! I do hope that we may welcome you again in the future. If I may be of further assistance, please do contact me via Carlos.Tarrero@luxurycollection.com, my team and I remain at your service.
Warm regards,

Reviewed October 14, 2017

We wanted to visit Langkawi again, but the Datai Hotel where we had previously stayed was closed for a major renovation, so because we liked the location, we were advised by Kuoni to try The Andaman.

When we arrived, we loved the location of the hotel, but were a little dismayed at the condition of the room, which is probably in need of some renovation work.

On the first night, because our hire car was not due until the next morning, we chose to eat in the Restaurant. We were not too hungry, so my wife chose a pizza, and I had a local beef dish, washed down with a glass of red wine and a couple of beers.

The pizza was bland, and the beef and noodles were only average, but the bill of 303RM (around £60) was a bit pricey for the meal. We ate out the remaining nights.

The staff were brilliant, and one has to admire the conservation work being carried out which is a compliment to the hotel

The day before we checked out I enquired if we could stay in the room beyond the midday check out time until around 5.30 pm, and was told that the charge would be 450RM which I queried, and which would be passed on to the supervisor, however I was told that the alternative would be to store the luggage and shower and change in the block near the pool area. I declined the offer and agreed to pay.

The next day around 1.30pm we returned to our room, and found that the keycard had been cancelled and we were unable to get into our room, which meant a trek to reception to have the card re-booted. I complained that I was not happy that I was being charged for the room, but was unable to go into it, at which point to his credi, the supervisor advised me that the fee would be cancelled, for which I was grateful.

Overall, nice hotel, in a brilliant position, but ready for some upgrading work, and a review of it's charges

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Derek B
AndamanLangkawi, General Manager at The Andaman, A Luxury Collection Resort, responded to this reviewResponded October 15, 2017

Dear Derek B,
Thank you for choosing our resort for your recent stay at Langkawi Island and thank you for your time to share this experience with us – appreciate.
I am delighted to know you enjoyed the stay with our resort location and if guests wish to have a tranquil, peaceful holiday close to nature …this is definitely a little paradise in Langkawi Island.
Regarding the room you were assigned, I do acknowledge your comment regarding the need for updating of our rooms and your experience about the late check-out. I am sorry that if it was a cause of disappointment. We have completed our resort refurbishment few years ago and we are committed to driving this plan forward and we will as we are eager to provide a truly indigenous and luxurious experience to our guests.
Furthermore, I do acknowledge your remarks about our food quality and pricing issue. I had always felt that our prices were in line with other similar hotels on the island as we do monitor our prices all the time. However, I am sorry that if it was a cause of disappointment… and I will continue to check because it’s important to me that we offer value for money for our guests.
We have shared your review with our team at our daily briefing meeting. I confess that none of us took any pleasure or pride in reading and reviewing the issues that you describe. Please accept my sincere apologies for not delivering expected services.
Once again, thank you again for the candor of your comment, I do hope that this does deter you from returning and we definitely will show our improvement for your return stay. If I may be of further assistance, please do contact me via Carlos.Tarrero@luxurycollection.com, my team and I look forward to taking care of you again at The Andaman.
Warm regards,

Reviewed October 14, 2017 via mobile

We wanted a quick weekend getaway with my kids. While I have been to Langkawi a number of times it was my first at Andaman. Our only regret is not having more time here and have promised the kids to come back for longer stay. From the pool, lovely beach and activities to keep everyone entertained- the lovely staff go out of their way to make your stay as pleasant as possible. Do note October can be rainy In Langkawi so you may have some inside time but it doesn’t usually stay all day if it rains

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family

Dear Kerri L,
How kind you are… I am delighted to know you and your family has a great time at The Andaman Resort and thank you for your review on our TripAdvisor.
I am thrilled to know that you enjoyed the stay with our award winning beach and you are absolutely correct! Datai Bay was recognized as the 9th best beach in the world by National Geographic and I do agree that it is one of the best beaches in Asia! Furthermore, I am especially happy to know that you have explored our resort activities and you enjoyed – wonderful!
Last but not least, thank you for your review to compliments our associate and glad to know they were friendly and helpful. Next time, we hope that you will come for a longer stay! If I may be of further assistance, please do contact me via Carlos.Tarrero@luxurycollection.com, my team and I look forward to taking care of you again at The Andaman.
With warm regards

Reviewed October 13, 2017 via mobile

We stayed in this hotel in September 2017 with the family.Nishan from the restaurant rendered us a excellent service. Also Ajay sent us my husbands sunglasses we left at the restaurant. Hats off to his trustworthiness . My daughter loved snorkelling tour. View from the room was amazing. Highly recommended. Since hotel was fully booked so we couldn't stay more than one night. Definitely we will visit this beautiful piece of architecture again.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family

Dear IsharaM15,
I am thrilled to know that you and your family enjoyed the stay at The Andaman with our room that you were comfortable – wonderful!
It is kind of you to compliments our associate especially Ajay and Nishan… I have passed to message to him and you definitely made his day. Furthermore, I am especially happy to know that your daughter enjoyed the Coral Snorkeling and happy to know your daughter has a great time with our Coral Nursery Team. Our team runs a series of activities to help educate ourselves and our guests on this fragile eco-system. We do encourage guest to participate in these activities and it is also a nice area for coral snorkeling as you are able to see all the beautiful creatures.
Lastly, I am thrilled to know that we may welcome you again at The Andaman. Next time, we hope that you will come for a longer stay! If I may be of further assistance, please do contact me via Carlos.Tarrero@luxurycollection.com, my team and I look forward to taking care of you again at The Andaman.
With warm regards,

Reviewed October 12, 2017

My family and I have stayed at the Andaman Resort numerous times. It is our favourite go-to resort! Whenever we plan a trip it inevitably ends up being at the Andaman. We are from Canada, and the though the journey is long, as soon as we land at the Langkawi Airport we are instantly excited and rejuvenated! The Spa treatments are just amazing!

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank sjm357
AndamanLangkawi, General Manager at The Andaman, A Luxury Collection Resort, responded to this reviewResponded October 14, 2017

Dear Sjm357,
Welcome back home! I am happy to know that you and your family enjoyed the stay with our resort location and thank you for your review on TripAdvisor.
Kudos for you to experience our spa and I am happy you have a great spa treatment with us.. wonderful!
It is kind of you to compliments our associate and I am happy to know they were friendly and took good care of you – just as it should be!
Please allow me to say once again how grateful I am towards your feedback…and my team and I look forward to taking care of you again at The Andaman. If I may be of further assistance, please do contact me via Carlos.Tarrero@luxurycollection.com.
With warm regards