All reviewsafternoon teafour poster bedold housedining roomperfect venuefirst classspecial thanksno fusswonderful weddingwedding mealbeautiful groundsfood was wonderfulhigh standardsconesexclusive useevening dinnerlamb
Reviewed October 29, 2017

We had our wedding at Raemoir House in October 2017 and had exclusive use for the whole weekend.
I think from the moment we drove up the drive we knew this was the place for us. This was only confirmed after we met with Neil and had a chat about what we wanted to do. He was a breath of fresh air and was very knowledgeable without being pushy. We loved our subsequent wedding planning visits to Raemoir and always had a good laugh with Neil.
Neil made recommendations for possible florists and bands they had used in the past and we were happy to go with these. It was nice, particularly with the florist (we went with Harmony Florist Banchory), because they had worked together in the past they could give us tips of what would work in the venue.
Throughout the wedding weekend the staff were amazing. It felt like nothing we could have asked for would have been a problem and they made us feel so relaxed, we felt very at home.
Cream tea was provided when we arrived on the Friday and then we had a buffet of lasagne, garlic bread and salads for tea. An informal dinner what exactly what we wanted as it meant everyone could get around the big table and have a chat.
Breakfast again was amazing. Everything had been thought of, staff set up a private breakfast for my wife and her bridesmaids so we didn't run into each other in the morning. Raemoir also went the extra mile in that they prepared a breakfast for one of our guests who had broken their hip and served it to her in her room. We didn't even have to ask for this, the staff had offered before we even realised it would be a problem. Exactly what you want on your wedding day!
The food throughout the weekend was delicious. We all particularly enjoyed the trio of puddings we had at our wedding meal. Everyone I spoke to commented on them!

The setup of Raemoir is perfect for a wedding. We didn't need to use the marquee so the whole wedding took place in the house.
The way the hotel is set out meant that all our guests were kept together. This is something that was important as my wife wanted to make sure our guest weren't separated. Although there are four separate rooms these all open up so you can still enjoy the band if you wanted a soft seat or to stand at the bar.
The whole house is beautifully appointed so even if it rains on the day you are spoilt for choice with photo locations.

We would like to say a massive thank you to Neil and everyone at Raemoir that was involved in making our wedding weekend as special as it was. Our guest all commented on how beautiful the house and location was and how great the staff were.
We honestly cannot thank you enough for all the help with the planning and for making our day so relaxed it was everything we wanted.

We cannot wait to come back.

Chris & Sarah Lamb

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
Neil R, Owner at Raemoir House, responded to this reviewResponded November 7, 2017

Hi Christopher L
Thank you very much for the review posted on TripAdvisor, I am delighted to learn that everything went as you expected and that you have taken the time to write about it all.
I look forward to welcoming you back to Raemoir in future.
Neil

Reviewed October 8, 2017

First of all: we will come back as soon as possible. Absolutly nice castle and parc. One of my best whiskey ever (clan denny 20 years). The cook should be a genius. All rooms are very beautiful. Thanks at everyone there....

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Neil R, Owner at Raemoir House, responded to this reviewResponded November 3, 2017

Hi mAtHiAs2014,
A somewhat belated thank you for the review posted on TripAdvisor, it was a pleasure to meet you all and, if you are ever in the area again, we would be delighted to see you.

Reviewed August 2, 2017

We spend two lovely nights at the Raemoir House.

Like in every high class boutique hotel we were already expected upon check in and got a nice tour through the house.

Its restored with some much love to detail.
The rooms very well appointed have a high standard.

Customer care obviously comes at high priority, since the hotel offers everything from concierge service to 24/7 room service.

We had dinner there both nights and where delighted by the upscale cuisine and service.

I would consider myself as foodie and was very pleased with creativity and execution of the dishes.

Same for the very delicious breakfast!

A special thanks to Iain the Manger and Nico the nice waitress who made our stay to something special!

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Neil R, Owner at Raemoir House, responded to this reviewResponded August 4, 2017

Hi lh91lh,
Thank you very much for the review of your recent experience at Raemoir, I am delighted to learn that you enjoyed it so much and will ensure your comments are passed on to all the staff.
I understand you were off on the whisky trail then over to the west coast - I hope that it all goes well and that you enjoy what Scotland has to offer.

Reviewed July 23, 2017 via mobile

I attended a wedding a Raemoir House in July 2017 and it was beautiful. The staff were friendly and the views and grouds are stunning. I cant wait to return for a meal with my husband or an overnight stay. The marquee was great, and the tables did not have to be moved around after the meal with was a bonus.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with friends

Hi JLS90
Thank you very much for the review of your recent visit to Raemoir, I am delighted it was good to encourage you to return in future. We look forward to welcoming you.

Reviewed July 17, 2017 via mobile

This was a special anniversary for the S W R I organisation.A large group of women met here.The staff seemed very disorganised, they came with crisp biscuits and sandwiches then tea and coffee, there was already butter and jam on the tables so we all assumed scones would be next,however we sat and waited, tea getting cold and had to ask if there were scones, the first waitress did not know, finally they arrived but not enough for the table of 12, had to share.Some of the ladies could not eat them as there was too much raising agent. Cake stands arrived with beautiful dainty cakes,a nice variety too.
This is I hope constructive criticism.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with friends

Hi CAIRNDAIE
Constructive indeed and I am genuinely grateful for it. I am not aware of any comments from the day other than favourable ones however, like everywhere else, we may miss on something at some point so I can only apologise. Your notes serve as useful reminder that there are always opportunities for us to do better. I should maybe give the staff some of that agent and see if it raises their game a bit.
I hope your experience wasn't as disappointing that you are not encouraged to visit again, let me know if you do and I shall ensure we provide everything as expected.