Lowest prices for your stay
Hotels.com
Free cancellation until 21-04-21
eDreamsUS$142
Booking.comUS$142
Trip.comUS$175
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed October 7, 2017 via mobile

Hotel food is horrible, service non existing and cancellation not known to the hotel management. Never ever again! And finally the hotel manager even hangs up on you at the phone as he didn't like to be confronted with his bs service. They are only after the quick money and there is zero service.

Date of stay: October 2017
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed May 17, 2017 via mobile

I had lunch here and order a coffee. I asked for some tap water to go with it. They refused! I think this is so CRAP! I was going to try the wine but didn't as it was a bit day and I didn't see why I should buy another drink at a place that refused me water.

The hollandaise sauce with my asparagus was too runny no doubt eeked out with their unavailable tap water.

Date of stay: May 2017
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed July 27, 2016

Wonderful quiet location, clean rooms and friendly staff, phantastic breakfast buffet.
My room had two beds, but two people would not have been very comfortable. The bathroom is even tinier: to use the towel after the shower without getting bruised means leaving the bathroom door open. Wifi and cell phone reception only in selected corners of the property. Great casual wine restaurants in walking distance.

Date of stay: July 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed June 7, 2016

I stayed at this hotel in early May for a corporate meeting. The room was okay, clean, and basic amenities were provided. The food was also just okay, nothing to shout about. The meeting rooms were nice in that it had floor to ceiling windows and so it was rather pleasant even though we had to be cooped up in the meeting room most of the day.

I did not like this hotel very much, but I will admit that this is my personal subjective opinion. I am not a fan of the wilderness and being so far away from a town. I feel very stranded in such places. That being said, I understand that some people like this sort of seclusion. There is a bus to the town but the same bus did not take us back to the hotel and we had to walk back some 800m from the next nearest bus stop. The hotel is also rather dated but at least it was clean... some would call it charming I guess.

If you like being in a quiet, peaceful place, away from the hustle and bustle of the city, and surrounded by greenery, then this place is for you. There are nice vineyard restaurants nearby and F&B outlets in other hotels in the area. So I could see that being a relaxing holiday for some, just not for me.

Date of stay: May 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed March 23, 2016

I did a last minute booking for this hotel because conference in Frankfurt and all hotels near airport where full booked. When arriving to Akzent Waldhotel it was a just before sunset and the hotel are located in a rather dark valley - and I was a bit skeptic to the place. The hotel are build over several floors and half-floors, if you have moving disabilities make that clear to the front desk, its a lot of steps up an down before getting to your room. I got a room in 3 floor with pitched roof and you might get a claustrophobic feeling. But the room had a good size and very quiet. The bathroom was ok, except that it was not possible to stand and take shower, the bath tub was under a very pitched roof and sometimes its unpractical to stand on knee in the tube and take shower.... Very good breakfast.

Room tip: Accessibility might be a problem for disable persons.
Date of stay: March 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Thomas G, Inhaber at AKZENT Waldhotel Rheingau, responded to this reviewResponded April 18, 2016

Thank you for taking the time to describe your experiences and play us which were noted criticisms.