“Have to polish the service a little, besides that - FANTASTIC!!! ”

IL Siciliano Saint Vlas
Ranked #26 of 64 Restaurants in Sveti Vlas
Price range: US$5 - US$58
Description: The first restaurant of Michelin starred master chef Stefano Stecca in Bulgaria at the beautiful marina Dinevi yacht port (previously at Novikov London, San Dominiko Italy, Zafferano, Rosmarino, Brunello at Baglioni Hotel, Stecca London). Authentic Italian cuisine, home made pasta, fresh fish and seafood, pizza, great lunch menu and bespoke cocktails.
Reviewed September 10, 2018 via mobile

We came here at a very wrong time I believe. As we approached the table it started to pour with rain, even thundering..
All guests had to be moved inside. Also, this was the last weekend of Summer business and everyone was preparing to shut till next season
We had to wait for 20 min for service (the commotion caused by the rain), when our Waiter arrived to take our order chewing a gum, which seriously annoyed me as I have never seen another doing it ever - I find it very unhygienic and ugly! She didn't even have an uniform, which led me to think that probably she wasn't even from this restaurant - perhaps just a helper for the evening!
The ambience was good, soft music, lights..
It was neat and clean! Everything fresh and well presented.
The food ofcourse was fantastic! Even though we had a late lunch and weren't really hungry, we ordered the Shrimp Soup and my friend took a Pizza. Both dishes went well with the suggested Pinot Grigio (terrible wine by the way!)...
We both left happy..
I would come back next summer, but definitely not the last day of the season...

Date of visit: September 2018

Reviewed September 6, 2018 via mobile

Location of rhe restaurant is really the best. The desing interior if this expensive restaurant is absolutely nothing special, it’s seem like ordinary coffe bar on the marina.
About the food not for misheline stars, I’m sorry!!!

Date of visit: September 2018
Reviewed August 29, 2018 via mobile

Me and my boyfriend went there for dinner few days ago. The restaurant is very beautiful itself on top of that it has amazing yacht view. The service is great and the food is delicious. We had burata salad, calamari but what we loved most is their T-bone steak. Pay it a visit , you won't regret.

1  Thank karinastoykowa1998
Reviewed August 28, 2018

I was tempted to try Il Siciliano because of the good reviews. It was such a disappointment, I feel obliged to share my experience and spare you the misery.
Starting with the worst: our main courses arrived 5 min after the salad was served. There was no room on the table for all the plates. To our dismay, the waiter started moving everything around to place the plates. I was speechless, I thought that if this is a mistake, he would notice our puzzled looks and apologize. But nothing of that happened. This may be a regular situation in a small town restaurant, but you don't need to be a Michelin star client (let alone chef!) to figure out you can't just throw everything on the table, hot, cold, starters and salads.
Salads were nothing impressive. Il Siciliano salad has very sharp tasting dressing. The rucola salad was placed in a small ball, making it hard to mix the Parmesan topping and dressing. Main courses came with fresh potatoes, which were so dry and thick skinned, made a really bad impression as if cooked long time ago. The Grigliata di maiale al tartufo was nothing special too, not even the meat was tender.

The less important details, that added to our experience:
Cleanliness: upon entering the restaurant, there was a napkin on the stairs. It was still there 90 min later when we were leaving!
Waiting staff: my knife fell on the table during the ordeal with the plates being moved around. To my surprise the waiter took it and disappeared, leaving me without cutlery, so I had to ask another one for a replacement.
We had to ask for a glass refill, even do it ourselves.

Reviewed August 19, 2018 via mobile

We enjoyed good food and excellent service but I observed a senior manager act very inappropriately to 2 junior staff, both male, both with their backs to him and both surprised and embarrassed by physical abuse. One received a sharp slap on the back the other a bottle pressed to his backside. Treat your people with respect.

2  Thank 559disappointed