All reviewswilton housefresh milkground coffeeone nightdb bsitting roomlovely hotelsecondary glazinghuge bedrelaxing stayample parkinglittle touchesbottled waterroad noisepark and ridecomfortable bedsair conditioning
Reviewed April 1, 2018

We had a friendly reception right on arrival from people who were unloading logs for the fire - same inside at reception and later in the dining room. It felt as though people liked working there. Quite a climb to the top floor, but lovely building and the room was spacious and comfortable. Good points - two chairs, decent TV, great tea tray (fresh coffee with cafetiere and fresh milk in a thermos flask). There is a bar, and a separate sitting room. The hotel is a little way out of Salisbury, but easy bus service right outside to the centre. easy distance to drive to Stonehenge etc. We would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: We had a top floor room overlooking the park opposite - road outside but did not disturb
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
Ido D, Owner at The Pembroke Arms Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 27, 2018

Thank you P Trip from Sussex….
I love online pseudonyms. I assume you deducted one star for the distance to Salisbury as you have not mentioned anything else slightly negative or anything that perhaps didn’t meet your expectations. Thank you for the nice comments about everything else. As for the distance, Salisbury is such a small place that 2.5 miles to the centre seems like a long distance. In any other city, this would be classed in the centre…. Saying that, we do have a large free carpark that often comes with hotels on the outskirts and as mentioned, a good bus service (Except Sundays. One bus an hour).

Reviewed April 1, 2018 via mobile

My partner and I stayed for one night after visiting Longleat Safari Park. We stayed in a beautiful and clean room and very attentive and friendly staff. Food was delicious, easy access parking and would love to visit again.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple

Waiting for your return visit!

Reviewed March 29, 2018

My son, husband, and I stayed at The Pembroke Arms during a recent trip to England. We had Circle Access tickets for Stonehenge and wanted to be close by. We got to the hotel late in the evening, but the restaurant was still open. The meat pies were fantastic and my husband and son said the beer was good. The rooms were clean, well appointed and comfortable. The shower was hot and the towels were fluffy. We left early for Stonehenge and then were back at the hotel prior to breakfast being over. Breakfast was very filling and delicious. The staff was friendly and helpful and informative. I would stay here again in a heartbeat.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank azkathryn

It is indeed a great place to stay if you are visiting Stonehenge.
15 to 20 minutes’ drive away is not far by any standards. Glad you came back to enjoy our breakfast.

Reviewed March 24, 2018

Arrived Friday and stayed until Monday. Room was lovely, good facilities and very comfortable bed. Bar and restaurant area also very comfortable and cosy with the log fire. Hearty breakfasts too and staff were very friendly and helpful. Would've been happy to be snowed in!

I booked the hotel thinking it was in Salisbury, but it was actually better because Wilton is very nice and Salisbury only 10mins away in the car.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
Ido D, Owner at The Pembroke Arms Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 28, 2018

I’m glad you found Wilton to be better than Salisbury. There are many advantages in staying away from the centre of Salisbury, especially in weekends when revellers leaving pubs can be very loud….
I am very sorry you weren’t snowed in but I think we had our fair share this winter.

Reviewed March 21, 2018 via mobile

Welcome to Salisbury, welcome to Wilton, come and stay here! Honestly, it's great.

The room I had (2) was very nicely done. It has modern distressed effect furniture... Which sorta looks the part. The floors are wonky which IS the part, as befits this period building. It has a fantastic bathroom & shower, with lots of hot water. It's reasonably quiet, as it's next to a busy road, but not intrusive. Very quiet in the evening. I slept soundly in that enormous bed

There's even a cafetiere in the room. This is well appointed. It should not disappoint even the most discerning.

Breakfast was also superb.

I'd like to stay here again. So go ahead and treat yourself to somewhere fabulous.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled solo

Thank you, Nick for this lovely glowing review.
I am not sure how, after reading it, we failed to get five stars from you. If there was something you thought we could improve on but didn’t put it online as to not offend us, please let us know. It is the only way we can improve. Hope to see you here again.