“Highly recommended for solo travellers-especially...”
other travellers have booked this property
common sit out area
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
common sit out area
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
Shivangi0...
Mumbai, India
“Highly recommended for solo travellers-especially dog lovers!”
Reviewed November 1, 2016 for a stay in October 2016

Since this place is not yet listed on GPS locations, I was a bit concerned while booking the same. However, all my concerns vanished when I arrived here. My stay was short as I was jumping places throughout my trip. However, it was one of the most cherished memories from my Dharamshala vacation. Their dogs-Kachu and Virus are pure joy and so is their delicious home cooked food. Both Siladitya and Lucky are amazing hosts. My only regret was my short stay. I wish I could've stayed longer with them. The location itself is brilliant and a stone throw away from a favorite hangout of mine in Mcleodganj-Cafe Illiterati.

Bedding & mattresses Bathroom cleanliness
Other facilities & amenities Service
Friends getaway People with pets
  • Was the property as advertised?
5 Nov 2016
Thank you for staying with us and giving us the opportunity to serve you.

We are extremely happy you liked the place and the services rendered.

Wish to host you again during your future visits
Aditi R
Bengaluru, India
“Anandam is Home. Anandam is Dada. Anandam is Joy”
Reviewed May 17, 2016 for a stay in April 2016
person found this review helpful

I stayed at Anandam for about a week in April 2016. It truly felt like I had come home to family. Dada and his wonderful four legged friends (Pepsi, Virus and Karchuk) welcomed me warmly and ensured that I was comfortable in every way.

The rooms are very cozy and clean. But the highlight of Anandam is the view from the balconies. The rooms overlook the mighty mountains and you can sit in the balcony sipping hot chai (remember to ask for the special masala chai!) and crispy bhajjis!

So the next time you are in Mcleod Ganj and if you are looking for a calm, peaceful and a safe (especially for solo women travellers) place, you know where to go! Dada has an in-house kitchen with delectable snacks and meal options, so don't forget to try these out too!

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Friends getaway People with pets
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
18 May 2016
Hi Aditi

It was indeed a pleasure to host you during your vacation in Dharamshala.
Yes, the place is indeed safe and we urge women solo travelers to book with us well in advance and ensure their stay is absolutely peaceful and serene.
Look forward to host you again during your upcoming visits.

Siladitya
manil_aga...
Dharamsala, India
“A truly home away from home experience”
Reviewed May 7, 2016 for a stay in March 2016
person found this review helpful

I stayed at Anandam for one whole week in March. The experience was truly delightful! This was mostly thanks to Siladitya or 'Dada' as we call him. His puts his heart into ensuring that you stay is comfortable and delightful. On top of that the presence of Kerchu and Virus, the two absolutely adorable and mischievous dogs, makes the stay even more memorable.

As far as rooms are concerned they are better equipped than any home stay i have been to and the presence of an in house cafe makes life easy. The menu variety is wide covering Indian, continental and TIbetan. The common area is a great place to get together with all others at the homestay and that kind of creates a party atmosphere every evening! The balconies offer views of the Kangra valley and the mountains behind.

One problem though i should let you know of before hand...walking across the common room with footwear that was worn outside is an an absolute no no...so although this does create some discomfort but ensures that you are always in a clean home!

For any budget traveller i would suggest that you first check out this place before heading anywhere else.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The warmth!
Friends getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Families with young children
  • Was the property as advertised?
8 May 2016
Hi Manil

Thank you for staying with us.
We look forward to host you during your future visits.

Dada / Siladitya
Kannan K
Kochi (Cochin), India
“Home is where your heart is, people say. But I'd say that home is where Anandam, or rather, happiness is.”
Reviewed May 1, 2016 for a stay in March 2016

Yes, Aanandam is a place where you feel at home. With the impeccable hospitality of Dada's combined with the freshly cooked delicious Indian and Tibetan food by Jamiya alias Jumpo, this is a place which I'd suggest to anyone who is traveling to this part of Himachal.

A place where I tried Hookah and smoking for the first time, a place that transformed a dog-hater, or any pet in that case, to a non-hater, a place where connections grew through laughter and well, a lot more.

During my 50 day long stay here, I've seen 14 guests leaving this place, happily. That itself is more than a testimony for good hospitality.

Dada, thank you for taking me along with you to Delhi and having made a spontaneous as well as..erm..(our deal is to not talk about it, right?) Haridwar trip happen while I was almost left alone when all my friends left back home. And yeah, thank you for making that Bengali Brinjal Fry and sharing its receipe.

Jumpo, you gem, thank you for all the laughter, laughter and laughter along with your French Toast and Pancakes.

In time to come, I hope to come here again, Dada. Else, we will meet in the southern lands of India.

"Bahooot Mazza Aaya"
(Dada, you know how to read it)

Travelling group: Friends
Your age range 25-34
2 May 2016
Thank you Kannan for staying with us and giving us the opportunity to offer our hospitality during your fifty days stay.
We look forward to welcoming you during your future visits

Team - Anandam
Heeru Village, Jogiwara Road
Dharamshala, India
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing