We've just returned from a week at the garden village. All the reviews I read before going were spot on. The views from our third floor balcony were stunning. The room (301) was spotless if not a little small for four of us. We lived out of suitcases as there was only one small wardrobe. The shower leaked into the room below us and we were asked to hold the shower in our hands by Jimmy!! But these little things didn't stop us from having a wonderful week in the sun. The snack bar is very expensive but the food is lovely, Mary the breakfast chef makes the best eggs!! The Greek chicken plate is fab and at €8 was good value.
Air conditioning as everyone has mentioned is extortionate at €70 for a week, we didn't bother with the safe.
The walk into Alykes was about 10 mins, there is no path and drivers on the road are a bit mad, but it's worth the walk to get to the most beautiful beach and fabulous restaurants. We really enjoyed our evening walk! We ate out every night The Koukanari (pine cone) is outstanding with a very Greek vibe to it and very reasonable as was the Relax restaurant in We didn't enjoy Fidelio restraint as the food was a little bland. Paradosiako was outstanding. There are so many more we didn't get to try!
There was plenty of sun beds and the pool refreshingly freezing!
Alykes is a very rural village with lots and lots of hens and roosters, goats, cats and dogs and it was like stepping back in time, where the pace of life is slow and the people talk and smile to each other.
Jimmy, Soula and their family are very friendly and will spend time chatting and explaining things to you.
We would definitely return to this quiet, peaceful Zakynthos Gem
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Family friendly self-catering studios and apartments, set in beautiful gardens just a 10 minute stroll to the sandy beach and resort centre. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA so you can book your Alykes Garden Village reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Alykes Garden Village Hotel Alykes
- Alykes Garden Village Greece - Zakynthos