“USED to be the best spa (very rude employee) ”

Spa Mathers Ciel Nordique
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: This vast 22,000-square-foot urban Spa encompasses four floors. Vegetation, woodwork, stone, glass and water combine to create a completely dreamlike atmosphere. Invigorating light is ever-present, along with calming, soothing music... All conducive to relaxation, well-being and revitalization. Take time to enjoy the Thermal Circuit which includes two hammams, multisensory showers, two luxurious saunas, whirlpools, pool with water jets, many rest areas and, exclusive to Spa Mathers, the famed snow cabin, a unique concept in Canada. Guests can also take advantage of a range of complete massage therapy services, including the Swedish massage, hot stone massage, massage under the rain and other techniques associated with orthotherapy, sports massage, taping, etc. In addition, choose from among a vast selection of beauty services to care for your uniquely beautiful body. At Spa Mathers, all our employees are trained professionals dedicated to providing quality cares.
Reviewed April 4, 2018 via mobile

I have been going to spa mathers for many years and go pretty often. I used to consider it the best spa until today and always spoke highly of this spa. I was treated like a small child for not obeying their rules by one of their employee. They have a no cell phone and electronic rule which is pretty new. I was reading a book on my kindle and was forced to put it away. In the past I always read my e-reader without any trouble. She spoke to us in a very condescending way. I went up to sit on the top terrasse (which was completely empty and I thought I was not bothering anyone) so I can read my book around the fire she then proceeded to tell me that I would be kicked out because I didn’t obey and it was the second time and then called her manager to come
And tell me in person also. I felt I was back at school like a little child the way we
Were spoken to. It’s a shame since I really enjoyed this spa but to be treated like that is unacceptable. They have lost me as a recurring customer.

3  Thank Melissa A
Anne-Marie B, Responsable des relations clients at Spa Mathers Ciel Nordique, responded to this reviewResponded May 8, 2018

Hi Melissa,

We are sorry that your last experience did not live up to your expectations. As mentioned on the discharge that was signed upon your arrival, electronic objects of any kind have been banned for several months to promote a climate of relaxation. It is important to know that our employees on the site must ensure compliance with the regulations in effect. We understand that this may have angered you but they must do their job and rely on the cooperation of the customers.

We thank you for taking the time to share your opinion, a follow-up will be done with our team.

All reviews
"charge"
"pool"
"montreal"

Reviewed February 27, 2018

I was apprehensive to try this Nordic Spa in St-Eustache, but I don't regret my visit at all. As soon as you enter, they make you forget that you are only 50 meters away from a busy highway, a drive-in theater and flea market! It is clean and feels brand new, altough they've been open for a few years now . The lockers work with a magnetic bracelet that they give you upon your arrival. I like this feature because in other Spas like this, you usually have to carry a metal key around with you and when you get in a very hot sauna, the key gets so hot that you sometimes get burned! But not with their magnetic device. The baths are nice and I especially enjoyed the one that towers of the parking lot (a part of the spa is in glass so you can actually see the cars underneath your feet, kinda neat!). They have a lot of little areas to lie down and relax, a lot of them with electric heaters to keep you warm even in winter. My favourite feature was the heating hammocks! You lie down in a giant heated fleece sleeping bag-like hammock, and then you zip it all up. What a treat....I even fell asleep. They have a nice little bistro on the roof with a great selection. The only downside? The 2 "older looking" jaccuzzis near the bistro on the roof. They ruin the cool zen vibe set by the nice couches and beautiful gas pits. In the end don't hesitate to try this SPA because they have a nice setup and they offer great value for your money.

Hi,

We thank you for taking the time to share your experience and we look forward to seeing you again soon. On your next visit, you will see that the baths on the fourth floor have been renovated.

Have a great day!

Reviewed February 23, 2018

If you enjoy HORRIBLE after sales customer service, Spa Mathers is the place to go!

I went to Spa Mathers for a massage in January 2018. The Massage therapist wrote on my insurance receipt January 2017. Obviously that receipt was invalid so I called to get it fixed, they took a couple of hours to email me a new receipt. I explained to the 3rd floor manager that because of this mistake, I lost the full amount in result of my insurance was not able to claim the amount before the end of the month because of the erroneous date (which means I paid for the massage and I will not be able to claim it). She told me that she can’t do anything and started offering me things I was not interested in (By the way, I had to ask for compensation, she did not offer it) . I asked for a refund or a gift card to the spa with the same value as the massage I paid. She said no and told me the only thing she can do is either give me 25% off my next massage or 1 free access to the baths.

Totally ridiculous, I had to ask her to at least get 2 “free” accesses so I can at least come with a friend. She finally said ok and told me she would mail it out right away and I should receive in next week ( within 5 business days).

After 5 business days, I call back and the receptionist told me the 3rd floor manager is in a meeting.
After 6 business days, I call back and the receptionist told me the 3rd floor manager is STILL BUSY IN A MEETING.

Seems to me that there must be a lot of meetings and no one is able to help a customer out.

I called back the following week and DEMANDED to speak to the manager who was in charge of my case and still did not get transferred, the receptionist told me that the 3rd floor manager wants to let me know that the “free” accesses have been mailed out and I should receive them soon. It’s been almost 2 full business weeks and I still did not receive nothing.

If you want to experience horrible customer service, you can visit Spa Mathers. God forbid, you encounter an issue at Spa Mathers, because you will have to deal with their slow and unhelpful customer service.

3  Thank Sp4872
Anne-Marie B, Responsable des médias sociaux at Spa Mathers Ciel Nordique, responded to this reviewResponded February 26, 2018

Madam,

We understand your dissatisfaction and are sorry that an error in the year written on the receipt was made. As you mentioned yourself, it only took a few hours before the correction was made and the receipt was sent to you. You can claim the amount covered by your insurance by the end of 2018.

To apologize for our mistake, the person in charge of the care department has agreed to give you two access' to the Nordic Circuit (valued at $44 each which also offers 25% discount on a care). As promised, they were posted the same day. Unfortunately, we are not responsible for delays caused by the mail.

Once again, we are sorry for the delays caused by this error.

Reviewed January 8, 2018 via mobile

I have been to many of the thermal spas in and around Montreal and I really enjoyed this one. Yes, it is a little strange to enter the main building with all the different businesses in it, but once you enter the spa it is pristine and spotless. We booked massages when we arrived for later in the day. They were great. The hot tubs were excellent and I really liked the modern "hotel" vibe you get here. It was different from most of the spas that feel very countryish. The bistro lunch was great and the saunas and steam rooms were great as well. I especially like the "relax" room. Very well priced in comparison to most of gen other similar spas. And really nice to have the bracelet system for your charges. I really dislike having to go back to my locker and get cash to pay for lunch. It was really relaxing to just scan your bracelet whenever. I am really looking forward to going again.

Anne-Marie B, Responsable des médias sociaux at Spa Mathers Ciel Nordique, responded to this reviewResponded January 16, 2018

Thank you for your kind words. We hope to see you soon!