All reviews the pub attic room warm atmosphere log fire floor boards excellent value for money visit bath my partner varied menu old building sunday evening eggs benedict plenty of hot water fish and chips lovely meal stayed for nights cooked to perfection
Reviewed June 14, 2017 via mobile

Lovely little village pub . Very welcoming. Nice rooms v clean and snug . Good food at reasonable prices . Only 15 mins drive from Bath and 10 mins drive to Longleat . Would definitely stay again when visiting Bath for Xmas shopping.

Stayed: October 2016, travelled with friends
Woolpack I, Guest Relations Manager at The Woolpack Inn, responded to this reviewResponded June 17, 2017

Dear Aannetteharris,

Thank you for your review, We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us, Your review has been passed on to the rest of the team.

We look forward to seeing you over the christmas period.

Reviewed June 4, 2017

Booked a table for 19.45 but we were early at 19.20 but that was a problem we were shown to our table and given menus, after 20 minutes of waiting we were asked if we would like to order a drink which we did, and then they also took our food order as well, the menu was a little confusing as they asked if we wanted chicken or steak with our ribs, on the menu it doesn't even state steak, I went for chicken. After 10 minutes our drinks eventually arrived and after 45 minutes our food arrived which by this time we had to order more drinks, which one of the ales had run out and this was on a Friday night. On my plate I should have had half a rack of ribs, fries, coleslaw, corn on the cob and half grilled tomato, I was missing corn on the cob, coleslaw, and the smallest burnt tomato I told the waitress that the corn on the cob wasn't there she said didn't I tell you we have ran out.
I will say the food was nice when we eventually got it, but the service was crap and I will not be returning.

Room Tip: Didn't stay
Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Samantha R
Woolpack I, Public Relations Manager at The Woolpack Inn, responded to this reviewResponded June 8, 2017

Dear Samantha R,

Thank you for your review, Im sorry to here that you didn't have a pleasent experience here with us, I have spoken to the staff regarding your issues and we are working together to improve.

Regards

Reviewed May 31, 2017

We arrived to a friendly welcome. The room was extremely clean and well stocked with tea, coffee, milk, hot chocolate and biscuits. Being an older style property the floor boards were a bit creaky, which we found added to the charm. The wifi is a little bit spotty to say the least, but I presume this is due to the rural location more than anything. The staff were so friendly and accommodating. The food was outstanding both for the evening meal and the breakfast, so much choice. We would defiantly stay again.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled with friends

Dear Dee S,

Thank you for your review, We are happy that you had a lovley stay with us and that you had an outstanding meal. I will pass on your review to the rest of the team.

We look forward to welcoming you again soon.

Reviewed May 29, 2017 via mobile

Our room on the first floor was broiling on a warm spring day. We kept a small fan going constantly, which helped. We had to keep the windows open to get a breath of air, but then were assailed by street noise. The mattress had quite a valley in the middle. On Sunday morning, when they had a full house, breakfast was a disaster, rather like the cook could only handle one order at a time. The eggs Benedict got only a grumpy 'OK' from my husband.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family

Dear Kathsommer,

Thank you for your review, Im sorry to here that you didn't have a pleasent experience here with us, I have taken your comments on board and have passed them on to relevant staff so improvements can be made.

We would like to see you again soon.

Regards

Reviewed May 23, 2017

My daughter and I were looking for a place to have lunch and a lovely catch up chat. We decided that TheWoolpack would suit our purposes. The welcome was friendly and our orders were taken quickly. Lunch was pub fare. My daughter had scampi and I had gammon. Both were served quickly. The plates looked tasty, there was plenty of it and it didn't disappoint.
For a well priced, fairly varied menu this is really worth a visit.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family
Woolpack I, Public Relations Manager at The Woolpack Inn, responded to this reviewResponded June 17, 2017

Dear BerkleyBird,

Thank you for your review, We are glad you and your daughter enjoyed your meals with us, I have passed on your review to the rest of the team.

We look forward to seeing you again.