See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed October 27, 2016 via mobile

We have nice dinner in that hotel. Amazing service and assets.

Clean hotels and place

Food presentation was superb but it's a bit expensive comparing to the other same level restaurants in the area.

Definitely they need to revisit their prices

Keep the good job and the level of service

Stayed: August 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed September 24, 2016

We spent a week at this hotel and found it to be the most wonderful location for a restful holiday by the sea,
We chose not to hire a car but found Santo the hotel manager was very helpful with getting us to places we wanted to visit.
Hotel is very well run, clean and has a team of staff always there to help with a smile!
We would return,

Room Tip: Room with side and front view of the sea
  • Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple
Santo G, Direttore at Zafran Boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 25, 2016

Dear Sheila and Ray,
your experience at our hotel makes us proud for making a unique and unforgettable holiday.
We thank you for the nice words to all staff.
With the hope to have you again as our guests I offer
Best regards

La direzione
Santo G.

Reviewed September 4, 2016 via mobile

This is for the restaurant. Staying anywhere in the south don't miss this 2 star restaurant! Weather permitting sit outside. Just across from the ocean with folks coming and going. Superb food. Chef bite that night was tuna and artichoke. More tender that you can imagine. An assortment of 5 to 8 breads. Starter, 2nd, mains and deserts all offering unique choices. Go with 3 or 4, order as many different dishes as you can and share. You'll want to go back to repeat the ones you loved or try the dishes you didn't order the first time.
Wonderful young chef, 27 and looks 17 very friendly and gracious. Talk about a passion. What a future. Well worth the trip. Attentive staff. Maybe 50/60 euros. For 2star Michelin restaurant, reasonably prices, decent portions not toy food, not stuffy just marvelous! Go enjoy.

Stayed: August 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed August 24, 2016

HORRIBLE SERVICE.....the staff barely understood English. I speak Italian very well, but my daughter did not. Our room smelled like MOLD, I told the hotel manager that I would not be able to stay in the room because my daughter has asthma, he told me that the smell was not mold but was the new paint!! Wrong... I asked him to move us into another room and he said they were sold out and would try to find me a different hotel! The second night I was there, I saw him move another family into a different room?? I asked him for a dehumidifier and he said it was built into the air conditioning system. I told him the air turns off when we leave the room (hotel is energy efficient) asked him and the other manager on duty several times to over ride the system and leave the air on to control the smell of mold and they never did. One early evening, my daughter and I went into the restaurant and in perfect Italian, I asked the manager if we could get a light bite to eat, she told me they were booked, I looked around the restaurant and the entire restaurant was empty.So we turned around and left. Lastly, I asked for an iron at the front desk, the manager told me I could use my BLOWDRIER......., I told him no, that would not work and finally they brought me an iron and I had to iron my clothes on the floor. I feel that for the $250.00 euro I paid per night I should have had better service, quite disappointing for such a beautiful hotel.

Stayed: August 2016
1  Thank Tinutsa
Reviewed July 18, 2016

Not the cheapest, but surely one of the best small hotels in southern Sicily. The setting gives you easy access to a delightful public beach - quite empty when we were there in early July. The outstanding, magnificent Baroque towns of Ragusa, Modica and Scicli are all nearby, and Siracusa (one of the world's most beautiful cities?) is an hour away. The rooms are a little over-designed, but that is fun in itself. The public areas and outside sitting are really attractive and comfortable. The restaurant is nice enough and there are good alternatives nearby. We were travelling with a disabled friend and the staff were lovely. They could not have been more helpful.

Room Tip: Sea view is desirable.
  • Stayed: July 2016, travelled with friends