US$35
US$34
US$71
US$69
Inter Hotel Le Savoy Caen(Caen)(Great Value!)
US$66
US$80
US$78
  • Bar/Lounge
US$42
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed May 6, 2013

Was delayed while traveling, which resulted in me desperate to find a place to sleep after midnight. Found this hotel on the ring road around Caen -- a bit of a faff to secure a room via the machine (which provides you with a door code), but got there in the end. Room is dark and stale, but served its purpose: a quick shower, then off to bed :-) Ample room to park your car, and the breakfast is basic but not too bad. I found the man at the front desk very friendly, so can't complain. It is cheap and basic, but sometimes that it just what you need.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed December 25, 2012

No frills hotel can get very busy so if you can get down to breakfast early. Great location for the boat to and from the UK just of the ring road I have even stayed here for three night in the past great base to do the Normandy beaches from and the food near by is very good as well

Room Tip: Book early
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Andrew S
Reviewed June 27, 2012

As part of the B&B chain, we knew that this would be a basic hotel and were fine with that, however this particular hotel should be avoided. The rooms are dark, dank and not sufficently clean. Even though we booked a none smoking room, our room smelt strongly of stale smoke. To top things off, the woman, who I believe is the owner of the hotel, is horrifically rude and unpleasant.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank DocBar80
Reviewed June 24, 2012

Went to lie in bed to read a book and found the sheets had brown stains on. The blanket had small burns on and what looked like cigerette ash. Reception was closed so used the intercom and was moved to the next room. We moved all our stuff bar the laptop into the next room and my wife went to bed. I was answering emails surfing the net etc waiting for a couple of things to download before I moved next door and went to bed.

Next thing I know the old woman that was on reception earlier comes barging in screaming because I was still in the room. She let loose a tirade of abuse in English and French causing a massive scene. When I tried the b&b helpline they just laughed and said she's not giving you a refund better stay the night.

Place reeks of smoke as does the crazy woman running the place.

• Stayed: June 2012
1  Thank Hexim
Reviewed April 10, 2011

This hotel is a good bargain, no frills hotel. If you are travelling by car, it is a good location, just off the ring road by one exit, and two or three exits from a big mall in Mondeville. If you are like us, with two adults and two young kids, it couldn't have been more perfect. Our room had a bed for two , and then two singles in a loft overlooking us, our kids loved that! It was like their own private fort, and we loved that we had a room for all 4 of us, and it was fairly cheap. The room was tidy, parking was good, and the breakfast had a decent variety.
The only hitch for us was that our card didn't work in the machine to check in, so we had to waituntil 5pm for someone to be at the front desk. Just bad luck I guess, as our cards didn't give us any other difficulties, so we went shopping at mondeville, got an early dinner, and came back. It was interesting that you could check in and out without ever having to see anyone! The lady at the desk however was nice and helpful, even if she struggled with English. My kids speak French, and they adored her dog, so it was all good. Over all I would recommend this hotel, it ain't the Ritz, but it was fine for us.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled with family