See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed July 16, 2013

Knew that this was going to be a no frills hotel but as friends had used B&B hotel at Calais thought we would try it out! Room was stuffy and stale even though the window was open when we arrived. (the radiator was still on yet the temperatures outside were in the high 20Cs!) The double glazing doesn't keep out the noise of the ring road let alone the air conditioning units running in the adjacent building. The toilet flush was broken reported this to reception and the guy (who was very friendly) came and replaced the broken part. Question is, why was this not done when the room was cleaned as they obviously knew about it!? Didn't have the breakfast so cannot comment on that. Personally I wouldn't recommend staying here unless you like a noisy environment in a stale room.

Room tip: Don't bother
Date of stay: July 2013
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed May 6, 2013

Was delayed while traveling, which resulted in me desperate to find a place to sleep after midnight. Found this hotel on the ring road around Caen -- a bit of a faff to secure a room via the machine (which provides you with a door code), but got there in the end. Room is dark and stale, but served its purpose: a quick shower, then off to bed :-) Ample room to park your car, and the breakfast is basic but not too bad. I found the man at the front desk very friendly, so can't complain. It is cheap and basic, but sometimes that it just what you need.

Date of stay: May 2013
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed December 25, 2012

No frills hotel can get very busy so if you can get down to breakfast early. Great location for the boat to and from the UK just of the ring road I have even stayed here for three night in the past great base to do the Normandy beaches from and the food near by is very good as well

Room tip: Book early
Date of stay: May 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Andrew S
Reviewed June 27, 2012

As part of the B&B chain, we knew that this would be a basic hotel and were fine with that, however this particular hotel should be avoided. The rooms are dark, dank and not sufficently clean. Even though we booked a none smoking room, our room smelt strongly of stale smoke. To top things off, the woman, who I believe is the owner of the hotel, is horrifically rude and unpleasant.

Date of stay: June 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank DocBar80
Reviewed June 24, 2012

Went to lie in bed to read a book and found the sheets had brown stains on. The blanket had small burns on and what looked like cigerette ash. Reception was closed so used the intercom and was moved to the next room. We moved all our stuff bar the laptop into the next room and my wife went to bed. I was answering emails surfing the net etc waiting for a couple of things to download before I moved next door and went to bed.

Next thing I know the old woman that was on reception earlier comes barging in screaming because I was still in the room. She let loose a tirade of abuse in English and French causing a massive scene. When I tried the b&b helpline they just laughed and said she's not giving you a refund better stay the night.

Place reeks of smoke as does the crazy woman running the place.

Date of stay: June 2012