Free cancellation until 26/07
Book now, pay at stay
US$90
  • Free Internet
B&B Il Girasole(Gela)(Great Value!)
Book now, pay at stay
US$69
US$72
All reviewsthe ownerheartaugustbathroomtown
Reviewed September 21, 2017 via mobile

We had what looked to be the best suite. 2 rooms with bathroom. The place is a quirky mix of styles from barnyard antique, Sicilian & Renaissance. The people who run the place are wonderful. The host literally took us down the road to find something to eat. They got their English speaking neighbor involved when trying to help us get to our next destination.
If you come to Gela & don't stay here, you're missing the true heart of Sicilian hospitality.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed June 8, 2017

"Wow", "this place looks like a museum!"
That was our first reaction.
There is a lot to see and the people are not unfriendly, but I have to say, it is not such a good B&B and it is not an hotel.
Certainly if you consider the price, that we payed for the room.
The neighborhood is not interesting and the centre of the town is more than 2 kilometers away.
The curtains where broke, I had to use a clothes hanger to shut them. The blanket was too warm for the time of the year. The light in the bathroom had some strange sides effects and in the morning our breakfast was a brioche and we had to eat it from a plastic tray (no washing up to do!).

I suggest to renovate this place or lower the price.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed May 6, 2017 via mobile

I have to say this place is such an amazement. Staff is absolutely warm and great. The place is clean and rooms are very nice and well decorated. If you want to enjoy Sicily and its taste this is the perfect place for you, your family or you partner.
Definitely, looking forward to go back again in August!

Stayed: May 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed November 3, 2016

Circumstances meant that I spent two unplanned weeks in Gela, in August. The room was clean, comfortable, well appointed. The service was exceptional - Marco and his staff helped me find my way around, and did everything they could to make my stay as comfortable as possible.

Gela itself is not a tourist-town, but I'd definitely recommend a stop here, and a visit to the beautiful nearby beach.

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed June 16, 2014

This place has big, clean rooms and bathrooms in a unique style that, despite the wilting heat, reminded me of a ski chalet! The staff was tops. young and helpful. The ride from the train station at 9 at night was extremely helpful as it's truly on the other side of town. Don't miss the breakfast offered by the hotel at Bar Piccadilly. Maybe the Napolitana barista will make you a Napolitano caffe' (I don't think that's possible in Sicily, but at least ask!!!)

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo