All reviews living area good size room facing the pool bigger supermarket fishing boats swimming pool restaurant offers family resort nice apartment night stay istrian peninsula main building adriatic sea buy breakfast kuna bike harbour
Reviewed July 16, 2016 via mobile

place is beautiful for vacation. Rooms are large enough if you do not spend much time in them. the view from the rooms which are facing the sea is worth the entire holiday courses. people are friendly and enough activity for children. the vicinity of the pretty just need a means of transport to be able to see different things. under the hotel there is a bar and restaurant and also outside the hotel. We rested in this place. thumbs up

Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed July 15, 2016

Have never felt so strenuously about leaving a negative review before. I called the hotel directly a week before arriving to see if they had received my request for a top floor room - they had not replied to my e-mail. I understand of course that a lot of places allocate rooms on arrival but I was very happy to be informed that they had my request and could not offer me a 4th floor room but a 3rd floor room in C block had been allocated to my family. When we arrived this was not the case. Had I been treated politely I would have been fine but the staff member was so rude and told me "this did not happen" "this is impossible" - basically calling me a liar. I got upset - not rude in any way and asked to speak to the manager and was told "he does not want to speak to you" 4 star service? what a joke! our room was not cleaned at all during our 10 day stay. Towels changed only every 4 days for 4 people. I enquired when the bedding would be changed and was told every 7 days! if I wanted it changed more I had to pay for it. Our phone was broken and we were informed that it would not be fixed - no explanation - just stated. We dreaded going to reception to make an enquiry as every time we were dealt with harshly or with indifference. I enquired how much it costed to rent the sun loungers on the hotels private stretch of beach - the receptionist merely shrugged and said "ask at the beach" same response when I enquired if my daughters lost goggles had been handed in - again a shrug and "ask the lifeguard" - I had been told to ask at reception as they have a lost and found box. When you exit your room there are bags of rubbish all along the hall bagged up - we followed suit thinking thats what people do and that housekeeping would collect it - we had bagged ours into glass, recycling and general. I received a knock at the door from a very irate cleaning lady waving her arms and pointing at me in a very angry manner - I again was upset and could not understand why she was shouting at me - my husband wen to reception and the girl there refused to believe him that there was rubbish in the halls - we took pictures! he invited her to go and look - she refused and said "its not possible" accused of lying again. It turns out you bring out your own rubbish to 3 badly over flowing smelly bins to the front of the hotel. The staff are rude, and frankly insulting. The hotel is ok - very small rooms and the one bed apts have tiny balconies with no privacy - frosted glass separates them with open tops so you cannot have a private conversation. The evening entertainment was awful - a woman singing Tom Jones' "sex bomb" is hardly appropriate for young kids. The entertainment by the pool was belted out on microphones at 10 am which mainly consisted of musical chairs for kids and aqua aerobics which was basically people being asked to run from one side of the pool to the other, and encouraged to "shout like an indian" - awful. The only good thing I can say about this place is the surroundings and view - all of which are nothing to do with the hotel. We would never stay here again and would urge people to avoid

Room Tip: Don't bother
Reviewed July 14, 2016

Apartment very disappointing compared to the brochure, excellent photography! Majority of reception staff totally disinterested and rude
. Otherwise a lovely Base for water activities and other. People in general lovely, great resturant and pizza with lovely staff.beautiful warm clear waters . Would deff go again but pay a lot less for the basic accommodation.

Stayed: July 2016
Reviewed July 13, 2016

We arrived late one evening in the middle of a thunderstorm, the check in was quick and easy. However the directions we received to our apartment in the annex building were not great. Trying to find our apartment in the rain and dark was not easy, the management might like to consider some simple signposting. The apartment we had (2 bedroomed) was very clean and spacious with a good balcony and view. The bathrooms were a good size with plenty of towels. The only issue I would have with the apartment was that the beds were rock hard, it was like sleeping on a tiled floor. There were extra duvets so we placed those on the undersheet - it helped. The air conditioning was very welcome and worked well. The complex itself is clean and beside a small beach with a good sunbed and parasol service. We didn't use the pool - however it was surprising when I did walk around it was that there was no towel service. You need to bring your own or buy them locally. The two restaurants and two bars are fine, not that cheap for what you are getting but quality is fine and the staff friendly. There are some other restaurants with a couple of kilometres, but they can be hard to find and the roads are narrow and do not have footpaths. Pula is not next door, the nearest bus stop is approximatley 800m away (uphill). A taxi is about €15 each way. The local mini market is fine for the basics, however be prepared for long queues and a service that goes back to a previous era. Over all Del Mar is nice, very quiet and unless you are about eight years old not much to do in the evenings.

Reviewed July 12, 2016

We stayed in this hotel for 1½ weeks. The hotel is big and there is a lot of services, so basically you could stay withouth leaving the resort. Our apartment was big enough and we had a huge balcony. The hotel is quite new, but the style is from ten years back. Notihgn is woren out yet, but you coulnd't think its just a few years old. The room style got a little better when I took the horrible 80's plastic table cloth away.
One thing we were really unsatiesfied with was the "airconditioning." The temperature was set at 26, and could not be changed. And there was NO aircondition in our bedroom at all. It wasn't a joy to sleep!

There are few restaurants near by, but overally the are is very remote and lacs services and shops. The taxis to Pula are extremely expensive (one-way 20 eur incl. tips), so if you don't have a car, you are stucked. Busses are not recommended, as those don't go directly.

If I compare this hotel to the overal european price-quality level, I would be very disappointed (but accommondation in Croatia is very expensive). They never even came to clean our room during our stay and even the toilet paper is not provided by the hotel. We had a free wifi, but it was poor.
Also I wonder why there was no pool bar to sell drinks to the pool area.

If I would go to Pula area again, I would not choose this hotel.