Almost exactly two years to the day after our first visit in 2010 we arrived at the Casa del Mar for a four days stay. We had enjoyed our first stay so much that we promised ourselves that we would go back again and we were looking forward to our holiday in Langkawi very much. The hotel is very accessible being only a 10 minute drive from the airport and on arrival we were treated to some very welcome cold towels and a refreshing ginger drink. We had booked a 'pool-view room' but unfortunately we were given a room at the end of the row with a limited view, mostly of the building in front of it even though we had booked our pool-view room almost a year before. The staff at reception said they would check and see if there might be any other rooms free the following day and they would get back to us. No-one ever got back to us so we stayed where we were. The renovation of the hotel includes a walled-in patio area in front of each unit which I suppose gives more privacy but also somewhat blocks the view of the pool and the sea. I think I preferred the look of the hotel pre-renovations! The rooms are comfortable and nicely appointed and we slept very well. Unfortunately the delicious cookies provided were not replenished for 3 days and I finally had to ask for some more cookies to be delivered to the room! A nice idea to provide things like that but a certain lack of consistency spoils the overall effect. The pool area remains wonderful and it is a perfect place to relax and enjoy the lovely views. The ice water, fruit and cold towels are much appreciated. The breakfasts too are excellent and a very civilized way to start the day. The staff are uniformly friendly and helpful and obviously do their best to make their guests' stay pleasant and memorable. Apart from the not so wonderful view from our room the other slight disappointment was that the GM failed to introduce himself although we were there for 4 days and we were 'returnees'. He was quite visible around the hotel but he was obviously not that bothered about meeting us although we were returnees. Given the fact that it is a small hotel, it really is not that difficult to get around to every guest and have a bit of a chat so we were a bit disappointed that he didn't make the effort with us. Maybe next time! All in all we really enjoyed our stay at the Casa del Mar although perhaps not quite as much as the first time but I would still definitely recommend the hotel if you are looking for a quiet, relaxing place for a few days on the beach. By the way, the neighbouring Pelangi Beach hotel's rooms now cost more than those at the Casa del Mar!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The heart of Casa del Mar's (Spanish for ‘Home by the sea’) philosophy is to create unique experiences around individual guests, providing them with a tranquil hideaway. Offering sea view accommodation, innovative dining options and Spa facilities, the 34-room Casa del Mar is the perfect oasis for couples looking for a private and peaceful retreat. From its Mediterranean architecture to its cosy and aesthetically pleasing interior, Casa del Mar is a ‘highly individualised property’. At Casa del Mar, one can indulge in the personalised yet unobtrusive service designed specially to pamper the individual. Guests will be in for a real gastronomic experience with La Sal Restaurant where innovative & yet soul satisfying Mediterranean cuisine, seafood BBQ and Asian samplers will be served. Guests can choose to sit inside the restaurant, with interiors recreated to the splendour of a Californian winery or dine al fresco at the poolside or beachside. Casa del Mar offers one the tranquility of a private holiday home by day and subtle gaiety by night through entertainment and dining options. All traditional hospitality practices will be challenged such that every aspect of the property is in harmony with the objective of creating experiences around individuals. Please note that we specialise in couples and adults and do not offer cots or extra beds in guest rooms. Location: Located at the legendary island of Langkawi, northwest of Peninsula Malaysia, Casa del Mar sits along the island’s Pantai Cenang beach, which is a 10-minute ride from the Langkawi airport and within close proximity to Kuah town, the most popular entertainment area in Langkawi with a wide selection of restaurants and bars. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Fastbooking, Travelocity.ca, Cancelon, Agoda, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Casa del Mar, Langkawi reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Casa Del Mar Langkawi Hotel Pantai Cenang
- Casa Del Mar Hotel Langkawi
- Langkawi Casa Del Mar
- Casa Del Mar, Langkawi Pantai Cenang