All reviews cenang beach super deluxe room underwater world swimming pool excellent location family room duty free shop free shops mini fridge baron rm sunset
Reviewed October 4, 2018

Location is the best even though there are also many other hotels along the street which have direct access to the beach, but after strolling thought the entire pantai cenang beach, i personally find their layout a bit more modern and not as compacted because of the spacious room space. Pricing wise is slightly higher compared to the nearby hotels but if you like a big room with direct access to the beach, I think the price still worth well. Cleanliness is alright but I feel that it can still be improve and somehow the pillow has a smell (small issue since you can request for a change easily). Facilities are the same as other hotels, nothing much to compare. Overall I think is a good stay for few days relaxation and you will never find yourself hungry with so many great foods along the main street.

Get the Deluxe Seaview Room, direct access to the pool and beach and is really spacious (It will take a while for the aircon to 'chill' the room because is quite big'

Room Tip: Get the Deluxe Seaview Room, direct access to the pool and beach and is really spacious
  • Stayed: October 2018, travelled solo
1  Thank DavidWeetw
Reviewed October 1, 2018 via mobile

I regrettably stayed here with my girlfriend in September for 4 nights (tried to get a refund they moment we seen the room). Here’s our experience:

1. Extremely rude staff upon arrival. We were forced to pay an additional ‘tax’ although we had already paid this through our booking agent.

2. The place smells like a dirty mop.

3. No plug sockets near the bed.

4. Grey stinking towels.

5. Small pool, the pool floor also seems to be rising.

6. The room is dirty. We could feel dirt on the floor, AC was covered in cobwebs, fridge had stains on it, rust and mould around the room.

7. Broken shower.

8. No English channels on TV.

The only positive I can give this ‘hotel’ is that it is in a decent location. Langkawi itself is kind of boring, very little nightlife. However the Sky Bridge and Underwater World were good experiences. If you’re planning a trip here please save yourself some misery and don’t book this hotel.

2  Thank Jonathan W
Reviewed September 29, 2018 via mobile

This hotel is the worst hotel I have ever stayed in!
-the ladies on reception when we checked in were the rudest people and should not have jobs in customer service.

-the pool is disgusting, there was dirty plasters floating around, the floor was full of dirt and rising up, the edges were all moldy.

-our room was disgusting, paint peeling from the walls, cobwebs and dust all over the air conditioning, bed smelt like the linen had been left in an old damp house for about 5 years, the towels were grey and smelly. The shower was spraying out the side and when we got in fixed it was cold , when we reported that the shower was cold someone came up to “fix it” but just told us it’s supposed to be a cold shower and to use the little hose beside it if we want hot water. The tv had 3 channels. The floor was filthy we had to use baby wipes to clean our feet every time we wanted to get on to the bed.

-you can hear any noise been made out side the room. There is also a door in our room that leads into another room.

Do not waste your money coming to this hotel , I have another 3 night left here and I would be gone in a heart beat if I could get a refund. It’s the worst most disgusting hotel with the rudest staff ( not all staff, mainly the two women on reception) I have ever been in !

1  Thank watgor
Reviewed September 25, 2018

Ideal location made up for this being a very average hotel. It is right in the centre of Cenang Beach close to shops , restaurants , bars and other activities. It also has direct access to the beach. The hotel itself was quite basic and there were a few surprise , my brother-in-law wanted extra pillows as there were only 2 in each room and he and my sister-in-law both sleep with 2 pillows each , when he asked for 2 more pillows he had to pay for them , there were no hair driers in the rooms but the had some in the reception area that were for guests use , when my wife asked at approximately 3 pm if she could borrow one they said yes you can have it tomorrow at about 10 am. Thankfully the hotel's location made up for there short comings .

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed September 17, 2018 via mobile

We visited the Best Star resort for 3 nights , it was very reasonably priced so didn't expect a lot ...
The location is excellent , right on a long sandy beach with lots of water sports on offer ...
We booked a superior room ,which had a safe , fridge ,tea and coffee making facilities, and a Aircon unit which did work ..
The hotel is very dated and needs refurbishing and the electrics and plumbing need attention ..
The plug sockets in our room were loose and didn't always work , so would plug phone in to recharge over night and would be flat the next morning ...
The toilet didn't flush properly and the drains were very smelly ..
The towels were a dirty white colour which was off putting too ..
The hotel was full due to a public holiday , so we just took the attitude that it didn't cost the earth and spent most of our time out ...
At the front of the hotel is the busy street lined with shops , cafes , duty free stores etc ..
Lots of street foods and places offering tours ,
We can highly recommend the island hopping tour , and to book with the first kiosk to the left of the hotel , very friendly informative and cheap prices ..
The little shop in the hotel lobby doing massage is also very good and I can recommend a foot massage for 25 MYR £5
The hotel breakfast was cheap at 20 MYR per person £4 for buffet breakfast , lots of choice and sat looking out on to the beach ...
All in all the hotel is Ok in a good location , but needs some updating and maintenance work ..
It's worth a try for the location and lovely beach , it isn't expensive , the staff were good, you can get decent food , just really needs updating ..