“Early Evening Meal”

Add it.
The Black Horse Inn
Ranked #21 of 35 Restaurants in Bedale
Price range: US$13 - US$39
Description: An Olde Worlde country pub with log burning fires, situated in the picturesque village of Kirklington, overlooking the village green. Within easy access to the A1, Yorkshire Dales & only 1 mile from Camp Katur. Our varied menu is homemade, from starters,main course to delicious desserts, sourcing local produce,alongside real local ales, lagers, fine wine om Camp Hill Estate & Camp Katur.
Reviewed February 19, 2018

Called in on speck to kill some time on way to surprise Birthday weekend for my wife. Had a fantastic meal, with great service and a very warm welcome - been walking and the roaring fire next to the bar made the pub very welcoming. I had the duck, and my wife had the scampi both meals were great. The theakstons beer was a nice treat for me, could only have the one as i was driving! As someone had already put ' how a country pub should be'. Highly recommended.

Reviewed January 5, 2018

Very good local pub. The new owners have made a very welcoming pub, with good food and Theakstons (my favourite) on tap. David is a very welcoming landlord and nothing is too much trouble. Food arrived quickly and well presented. The fire was lit and it has a very cosy feel.

Reviewed November 4, 2017

My wife and i had lunch on Saturday, this is our local. I had a good steak with homemade chips and an excellent Pennine Beer, my wife raved over the chicken with lemon sauce, which she had with fresh vegetables and some of my chips. We shared a profiterole dessert with Americano coffee (which came with cute amazing biscuits). The new owners Cheryl and David, who have recently taken over the business made us feel very comfortable, service was friendly, the fire was lit, we wish them Good Luck and Thank you for picking our village, what a wonderful addition to our small village.

2  Thank Steviewonder671
Reviewed October 29, 2017 via mobile

6 of us - three adults, three children - popped in for lunch today, without a reservation. Service was warm and friendly, nothing a hassle. The menu was short but well thought through and everything was delicious. The children all commented on the tenderness of the beef roast and crisp, fluffy roast potatoes. Poachers casserole also delightful. Bar area is bright and sunny, warmed by a fire, and the loos were lovely and clean. Outside, the green is a great place to stretch your legs. Will be back for the beef pie ASAP!

Reviewed April 3, 2017

Had the pleasure of eating here with friends on sunday lunchtime, we were in Yorkshire for the weekend celebrating our friends birthdays and this is were we had lunch before heading home. The food was first class and well presented, i finished off with raspberry roulade and i can honestly say the best i've ever had. We even brought two pieces of homemade apple pie home with us for my husband. The interior is lovely too brought back memories from our younger days. A gem of a pub only wish there were places like this more local to were we live.

2  Thank Lucy W