“Easter Sunday”

Ranked #1 of 4 Restaurants in Lapworth
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Good for: Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Description: "The Boot Inn is a very popular eaterie in this thriving village. You are likely to see married couples celebrating whatever they choose with a bottle of pop, as well as younger couples on early impress-me dates. The restaurant itself is beautiful, light and airy, decorated very simply with great sophistication. The crowd is comfortable and chatty. The Pacific Rim/Mediterranean menu is confident and inventive. What's cooking? For starters, try the asparagus spears with pancetta and cherry tomato salad, or the speared tuna nicoise. For mains, you could have the straight forward ribeye steak au poivre with chargrilled tomato and frites, or a complex dish like the spatchcock poussin with lemon, marsala, and rosemary and whipped potato. Very strong wine list."
Reviewed April 4, 2018 via mobile

I hadn't been to the Boot for a few months but always trust that the meal will be its usual high standard. Sunday lunch was a first here. Our table of 9 at 2pm was 100% happy with the whole meal. Food was brilliant. Staff friendly and helpful as usual. I'll be back again super quick!

Reviewed April 4, 2018 via mobile

Great food; especially the Deli Boards for two. Good menu available. Excellent range of beers and wine available. Situated 20 yards from the Stratford Canal but not Canal side. Large car park. Booking a table Is advisable.

Reviewed April 3, 2018

My wife booked her birthday meal at The Boot last week for Monday night (2 April) with the clear confirmation that the table for 4 was booked for 7.30pm. On journeying down to the restaurant we realised we would be 10 minutes late, and so we called to let them know. It was then that the staff member told us that they had us booked for 7pm and that the kitchen closed at 7.15pm. This clearly left my wife extremely upset given it was her birthday. She asked to speak to the Manager, who didn't come to the phone. We have never been so let down by a restaurant, and with no remorse. What was most disappointing was that we have been to every Lovely Pub establishment; our local is The Farm; all of which have been excellent. So we were excited to book The Boot. Big mistake. No apology and no compensation. I even left them a message on their website; no response. The Lovely Pub co has lost extremely loyal customers who recommend their establishments to all we meet. No more. Extremely poor organisation and management. Wife's birthday was ruined. Well done!

7  Thank Tim F
Reviewed April 2, 2018 via mobile

Our favourite lovely pub excelled tonight . The sea bass off the specials was fabulous - imaginative flavour combinations beautifully cooked. the coconut rice pudding was the ultimate comfort food. I really wish The Boot had a recipe book . The service is always warm and professional . Total treat .

Reviewed March 21, 2018

Haven't been to The Boot for some time but it has lost none of its charm. The place has a buzz and a most attractive ambience. The staff are friendly and very efficient. There is a large selection of dishes on a menu to suit all tastes. I particularly enjoyed my choice of beef bourguignon - delicious, beautifully presented and the best I've ever had. Service was prompt and efficient.