“Quiet & Peaceful”
other traveller has booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

John O
Hull, England, United Kingdom
“Quiet & Peaceful”
Reviewed June 30, 2015 for a stay in May 2015
people found this review helpful

Initially, when first looking at this property, and accepting the price for the week I selected, (£440) I emailed to rent. I received a prompt reply from Crown properties, notifying of my non-refundable/non-transferable deposit of £614.08 was now due. I wondered if this was a scam, and whether the owner knew of the £174.08 price increase! On further emails, the price dropped to £490 due to the extra for a bank hol weekend. (Robert Laidler of customer support responded to my concerned email, but was unhelpful) I agreed the new price, and went ahead.

Great location, and the balcony could be a fantastic sun trap, depending on wind temp. blowing off the sea! A well-equipped apartment, and the owners next door were very helpful with queries I had, when they had returned from vacation.
The Holiday Lettings site when accessed for this property, stated a hair drier, but on arrival - none. My wife very upset. I know it's no bother to us men, but the fallout could have been avoided!! Also, in the information booklet for the annex, it stated two sets of keys were available. If, after the stay, one set went missing, a charge would be made. There was no second set, and this worried us. Don't forget, Crown properties demand a £300 security deposit! I contacted Anna, from Pro Star cleaners, also to report the cooker extractor fan not working. I was given assurances to purchase a hair drier, and submit the receipt; the second set of keys not a problem, & cooker hood extractor was noted.
I had the impression that Crown properties may have inspected the property initially when first on their books, but since then, has relied on customer feedback, rather than a regular involved inspection. (I await feedback on the comments I've made, and may update this review.)
Initial impressions of the property were that it could be cleaner, (and I'm not a fastidiously fussy person), the main two seater couch was lovely for courting couples, as it had a tendency for you both to lean into each other; probably new cushions could alleviate this!

There was a shower connected to the bath taps, but with a stupid fitting for the shower head, you couldn't use properly, otherwise the whole bathroom would be soaked, and the shower screen should have been longer. You had to take the large bath matt out to dry after washing, and the floor told you of it's long time soaking!

The bed was king-size, but it seemed with a double duvet, and I always prefer a headboard & decent pillows, neither of which were present, but it's not our home, and we made the best of it, after all, we were there to visit the area.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Service
Liked best: The sea views
Liked least: The shower
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Recommended for:
Friends getaway
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Management Response
10 Jul 2015
Thank you for taking the time to leave us your feedback. The holiday lettings site offers a 'prices from' guide only and guests are advised to contact the advertiser to obtain a quote. The price increase occured as you requested a one week stay from Saturday to Saturday, therefore encroaching on a second weekend. Weekend rates are higher than midweek. However, we explained this to you when you queried it and immediately agreed to honour the usual weekly rate for you. Apologies for any confusion caused. Sorry to hear about the missing hair dryer and second key, but glad to hear that this was rectified for you. We employ property managers who attend our properties before each guest checks in and again on their departure, they clean and check over the property and report any issues to us immediately. We also carry out routine spot checks on all properties, and we appreciate all customer feedback as this helps us to improve our services. We have forwarded your comments regarding the shower and the duvet to the housekeepers.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing