We stayed at Headlam Hall for one night in early May. We stayed in one of the spa rooms which are more contemporary and away from the main house. This suited us perfectly as we had booked spa treatments for during our stay.
We arrived slightly earlier than check in time but our room was ready so we were able to check in straight away. The greeting from the member of staff on reception was friendly as was the person who showed us to our room The room was the only thing during our stay that was slightly less than perfect but it did not detract from the stay overall.
There were dead flies on the windowsill and the bed valance was badly marked. These were only minor things and otherwise the room was bright and quite spacious, had complimentary bottles of water, the usual tea and coffee and robes (no slippers though which was a shame).The bathroom was clean and the shower was excellent - really powerful.
The spa was smaller than some we have visited but the pool area was nice and the outdoor hottub a really good addition. We both had treatments and these were excellent.
The highlight for me though was the food. We had booked a package including a 3 course dinner, we cannot fault the food. We had a pre dinner drink in the lounge area by the fire whilst we looked at the menu and then once ordered we were escorted to the orangerie for our meal. Every course was delicious although we could not do justice to desert. This was followed by coffee back in the lounge. All in all it was an enjoyable evening in lovely surroundings. All the staff we encountered were extremely friendly, the level of customer service was second to none and really helped to make it a relaxing weekend. Breakfast the next day was also good and consisted of a cooked breakfast to order plus help yourself to cereals, croissants etc.
There was a wedding on whilst we were there but it never felt over busy even though the hotel was almost full.
The hotel is set in beautiful grounds including a walled garden where produce is grown for use in the kitchen. There is also a golf course, complete with pheasants and geese, a tennis court and had we been staying longer we may have been able to use more of the facilities.
We would definitely return to Headlam Hall and are already looking forward to our next visit.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A four-star country house hotel with luxury spa and golf course. Set in beautiful gardens and surrounded by open countryside making an ideal rural retreat. Restaurant serving award winning 2 AA rosette food made with local produce and friendly professional service. Independent family owned and run hotel and farm. North East Small Hotel of the Year 2009/10. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, LateRooms, Agoda, Priceline, Booking.com, Travelocity.ca and SpeedyBooker.com so you can book your Headlam Hall Hotel Spa & Golf reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Headlam Hall Hotel Spa And Golf
- Headlam Hall Darlington
- Headlam Hall Hotel Darlington