All reviews bay window seating area an upgrade sea bass an amazing view loch view an overnight stay food was fantastic breakfast was included main course fires zsolt mountains highlands glencoe
Reviewed October 9, 2017 via mobile

My husband and I booked this as an anniversary weekend away but we were disappointed. I don’t like to write a negative review but I do feel after staying here that perhaps if I had read some of the more negative reviews perhaps I could’ve avoided staying here.
The hotel is in a lovely position but a very busy road runs alongside which no double glazing can cope with. It is very noisy in the front rooms. We had a bay window room which we paid more for and it also had a spa bath.
We got into the room and immediately smelled damp, not overpowering but definitely there. The windows were grubby as was the carpet. The bathroom floor hadn’t been swept and lots of tiles are broken. The spa bath didn’t work and the toilet seat broke the first time we used it (very quickly changed however). The bed was very uncomfortable but very clean.
The food, in my opinion, was good I asked for something not on the menu and was accommodated without question. The cooked breakfast was small but enough for me along with toast and continental style offerings.
On an equal par to the lack of cleanliness was the lack of any ambience whatsoever. Nothing authentically Scottish.
The staff were very good and always helpful and polite but if your looking for chatty friendliness then it’s not here. Very professional however.
This could be a good hotel if attention to detail was given to cleaning and decorating aswell as developing a friendly, warming atmosphere.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Kitty2112
Reviewed October 5, 2017 via mobile

Well what a place, right on the shore of Loch Lomond. Lovely spa onsite, and the staff and food was wonderful. Dinning ròom looks out onto the loch. Definitely worth a visit and stay. 5 minute walk to the village of Luss.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Alan O
Reviewed October 4, 2017 via mobile

Hotel is somewhat down at heel. Needs refurbishment in many areas. Room was adequate with 5 star view which made up for the decor. On plus side staff were very helpful and dinner was superb. Breakfast was OK but not 3/4 star as one would expect. Because it is handy for visiting relatives in the Ares we would go again as it is good value foran overnight.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed September 21, 2017 via mobile

Let me preface this by saying that I don't like giving bad reviews. I'm not one of these overly fussy people, but... Stayed here twice now with work (the second time only as there were no rooms available in any other hotel in a 30 mile radius of Fort William, where we were working - had a bad experience first time round). As with first time, no reception or staff available until 3pm even though we finished earlier than expected and had nowhere to wait due to pouring rain. Place was in darkness, and not even any toilets to use after a long drive. There was a phone number to ring if you arrived early, but no-one answered (same the first time I stayed). That said, the Hungarian hotel manager was really nice when he got there at 3pm. My room was tired, with only a handheld shower and a spa bath which didn't work, although my colleague's room was better. Both rooms smelt slightly mouldy though and had plug in air fresheners. Great views over the Loch though. We were told the food was excellent and that it was a top Andalusian chef who worked there now, so after a bad experience the year before, agreed to eat there that night. Mistake. Most dishes are served with curly fries. My £19 fillet steak was not a fillet cut. It was supposed to be rare, but came well done. It wasn't even pan fried. God knows how it was cooked, but it wasn't seared. It was grey and insipid and looked as if it had been frozen. Listen, it depends what you're looking for. I was working and wasn't paying, so no big deal. If you're a backpacker etc then it's fine. But there were loads of foreign tourists here during my stay and I'm mortified that after spending lots of money on their holiday they might think this is representative of Scotland. I hope it's not.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank polmacanbhaird
Reviewed September 13, 2017

The hotel is nice, the staff was friendly and welcoming. We had a pleasant dinner and breakfast in the hotel. The view on the Loch from the room and the restaurant are very nice.

On the minor side, rooms are a bit old fashioned with some technical issue (broken shower, window not closing, ...), decoration could be re-furbished. Hotel is rather noisy : you can hear neighbours when they speak not so loud.

Room Tip: Ask a room with a Loch view.
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family