“Lovely little Italian.”

Con Amici Italian Bar and Kitchen
Reserve with OpenTable
Con Amici Italian Bar and Kitchen is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4 of 50 Restaurants in Denbigh
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed June 12, 2018

We came here the night before NYE with the children. Really lovely Italian food, even the gluten free pasta was fabulous. The children made their own pizza and accompanied the waiter to the kitchen to hand it to the chef: which was a lovely touch. Cocktail's very overpriced but nice quality and well presented. waiter service slow at times. Ambience overall was nice, would recommend.

Reviewed June 5, 2018 via mobile

Bought a pizza tonight which had a burnt base asked to take it back for a replacement,,,, at my own cost!!! Then angry chef appears and tells me not going to replace burn pizza and that I ahould have gone to Morrisons!!! OMG no wonder business' s are struggling with an attitude like that. Had £6 thrown back at me after 8 years of support...... Very disappointed and AVOID

3  Thank Dave C
ConAmici, Owner at Con Amici Italian Bar and Kitchen, responded to this reviewResponded June 6, 2018

Hi Dave, I am the so called angry chef that appeared who happens to be the owner of the business. In all my years I have never served anyone so rude, not only to myself but also my staff. We pride ourselves on serving the highest quality freshly made food and giving the best possible friendly service to all of our customers over the 7 years that we have been open.

I would like to point out that I spoke to you in a calm and respectfull manner and at no time did I raise my voice to you, it was in fact you who started shouting and wanted everyone in the restaurant to hear about your complaint.

As I tried to explain to you your pizza was cooked directly on a stone base in a very hot oven and the base although was crisp was in my opinion not burnt. I am very thankful that there were a lot of regular customers in the bar who saw and heard everything that was being said and witnessed the way you behaved towards me. You also fail to mention that every week when you come in and purchase your 2 for 1 take away pizzas there is always a problem with something. You always find something to complain about and your are always looking for a refund. If you were that unhappy with our food and service then I have to ask why you keep coming back.

You were not interested in my opinion so I refunded the money to you and placed it in your hand, I did not however throw it at you as stated in your review.

I always fully respect my customers but on this occasion I feel that you were the unreasonable one and I would really appreciate it if anyone reading this review will disregard your comments and judge me and my business on all of the other reviews that we have had or on their own personal experience of the restaurant.

Joe Lynch

Reviewed May 31, 2018 via mobile

We were staying in St. Asap close by and we were looking for places to eat. We decided we fancied Italian so booked a table. We were very impressed. We ordered starters that came out piping hot and very quickly. We weren't rushed and was able to eat at a leisurely pace. The mains were brought out and again piping hot and they were huge portions. We had a pizza, lemon risotto and the seafood linguine. Beautifully fresh and delicious. We were offered the chance to take home what we couldn't eat, but as we were staying in a hotel, this was not feasable. The total cost of the meal worked out at £25 per head including drinks. Would highly recommend it. Staff were efficient and polite. Definitely worth another visit.

Reviewed May 11, 2018

We went to the restaurant for the first time wow. The meal and the super service was5 star. We will return very shortly. We went for my wife’s birthday The experience was excellent thank you all . An end to a great birthday

1  Thank malcolmposcha
Reviewed April 28, 2018

Lovely staff great with kids always have a smile and a chat even when their busy. Food is amazing, you must try the cheesecake yum. Would highly recommend