All reviews charity ball afternoon tea evening meal for sunday lunch wedding party london road bar food bit dated staff were polite would stay again constable country comfortable bed double room full english duty manager breakfast was excellent family room
Reviewed April 2, 2018 via mobile

This is a good value best western. The communal areas are a little dated. We had an updated room which was lovely and large. Very clean nice bedding. The towels were good quality. It is very hot in the room. We had the window open all night and no heating on. Would be unbearable in the summer as no air con. The ensuite was ok. The water pressure bit rubbish and the tap was broken. The floor boards in all the rooms were very noisy. Breakfast is plentiful but they do not replenish quickly enough so kept running out of fried eggs. It appears there is not enough staff. We had a meal in the bar, fish and chips, was very nice. The wine selection was rubbish.. Not many from the wine list available. We enjoyed our stay and the staff were very friendly.

Date of stay: April 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Kate S, General Manager at Best Western Ipswich Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 25, 2018

Dear peepee1peepee2

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review after your recent stay at the Ipswich Hotel.

Whilst we do not have air conditioning in the room we do have a number of fans available for guests which can be provided upon request.

With regards to the replenishing of Breakfast this is done as quickly as possible but if the majority of guests come down together which often happens it can take time.

Due to an issue with our supplier we were unfortunately low on wines which I apologise for but this has now be resolved.

I hope we get to welcome you back to the Hotel soon.

Reviewed April 1, 2018 via mobile

Visited Easter Sunday. Craft fair on in function room. Had lunch in the bar, decent quality and competitively priced! Baguettes £5. Service was a little amateurish, chatting about customers! Extensive car parking.

Date of stay: April 2018
1  Thank 99PSB

Dear 99PSB

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review after your recent visit to the Ipswich Hotel.

I am pleased to read that you enjoyed your lunch but disappointed to read about the staff I will be speaking to all departments to make sure that this does not happen again, thank you for bringing this to my attention.

Reviewed March 27, 2018

I stay in Ipswich a lot on business, and usually use a town centre hotel close to the station. I had to stay an extra night, and decided to switch to a cheaper hotel because I was staying for my own personal use, so not on expenses. The Best Western turned out to be a little way out of the town, in quiet, lovely countryside, and was a lot nicer than the more expensive hotel I usually use. I will be staying there from now on whenever I need to be in Ipswich

• Trip type: Travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Dear AlexD634

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review after your recent stay with us.

I am pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and look forward to seeing you again whenever you are back in Ipswich.

Reviewed March 26, 2018

Stayed in the refurbished part of the hotel and we were very happy with it all. The rooms were clean and large and it was very quiet overnight, despite there being a party going on downstairs.

Breakfast was very good, first morning we just ordered the cooked breakfast and it arrived, just as ordered and very hot! The second morning it was buffet style and again all well cooked and hot!

We went on the "winter deal" and very impressed with it all for the price. Would definitely go back!

Room tip: A lovely staircase to the second floor, but if you have problems walking, might need to ask fro ground floor.
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear Sue G

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review after your recent stay with us.

I am pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to welcoming you back in the not too distant future

Reviewed March 17, 2018 via mobile

We stayed in a refurbished executive room. Hot scalding water came out of both taps and there was grout missing between a lot of the floor tiles in the bathroom.

Could not open one of the windows. Probably painted shut. There was more paint on the glass than the frame!

Two people...one bath robe and only one drinking glass. Awful decaffeinated coffee. The attention is in the detail... not much attention taken !!

At least the bed was clean.

No choice of eggs at breakfast. Luke warm coffee. Ran out of bread. Hardly any pastries . No jam or marmalade offered. All in all very poor. No service from the staff eifher.....too busy talking.

To top it off I misread the bill and the receptionist bit my head off.

Not great