Strattons Hotel(Swaffham)
US$161
US$72
Savings alert! 19% below average rates

The price you found is 19% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$89/night.

US$96
US$94
US$251
TripAdvisor
TripAdvisor
All reviewsthe pubroast lambhave eaten herepeddars wayyorkshire puddingscallopsno hot waterstayed one nighttea coffeequiz nightfull englishroom was spaciousnorfolkplumbing
Reviewed August 21, 2017

Booked a three night stay here, very last minute as my husband and I wanted to revisit Norfolk. While we had a fantastic break the staff at the Ostrich were off hand and unprofessional. The bins in our room were never emptied, the room was not cleaned or tidied on two days, ended up having to ask for loo roll and clean cups. Three of the four windows in our room had notices asking that they not be opened, the plumbing was noisy and inefficient and a 15 tog duvet when the temperature was in the high teens over night ensured a poor nights sleep. Food in the restaurant was ok and the breakfast was acceptable. Overall the Ostrich was a pretty pub but we left with the feeling that the staff couldn't have cared less about our stay.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank T0rtiecat2016
Reviewed July 17, 2017

Having booked a table at The Ostrich upon reading many good reviews, we had high expectations. Upon arrival, there seemed a complete lack of staff, certainly not enough to manage the busy bar. After waiting approximately 20 minutes, we were shown to our table and given the menu (a menu that essentially consists of pizza, sandwiches or roast dinner - with no vegetarian roast option whatsoever, however an option for fish which is frankly quite odd). When the meals came out, I have to say the beef was cooked beautifully, but alas it was accompanied by a warm and limp pile of rocket (a bizarre choice of accompaniment for a roast dinner), and nowhere near enough vegetables to feed four people. Whilst eating we heard various complaints from other customers being fed back to the long suffering staff. We waited another 15-20 minutes after our plates had been collected for someone to take a dessert order, but nobody came so we paid and left. The three staff members you had were working really hard and clearly were rushed off their feet, but remained polite and helpful (if a little distant). May I suggest you have more than three staff members working during a busy Sunday lunch time.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank sparr0wfamily
RobinKingslynn, Owner at The Ostrich Inn, responded to this reviewResponded July 24, 2017

Thanks for your review, It's a shame you have not enjoyed your experience with us. We always take note of any constructive criticism positively and work towards improving our standard of service. We have taken note of lack of vegetarian roast option. Sorry about delay in service as we were extremely busy on that particular Sunday, we will take your suggestion on board and would implement it.

Reviewed June 7, 2017

Booked for a Sunday overnight stay and was informed when we got there that they DID NOT serve food on Sunday. Nearest place was Swaffham. Cancelled our booking as we thought we were settled for a birthday evening dinner and drink. Staff were very unhelpful and could not answer my questions about cancelling the booking

1  Thank Jackie k
Reviewed May 1, 2017

We were visiting Castle Acre to see where my ancestors lived and booked here for Sunday lunch.
I had the beef and my husband had the turkey. They were both delicious, and hubby even said it was the best Sunday dinner he'd had in a pub ! If you don't know Castle Acre it's a wonderful little historic village, with a castle ruin (free) and National Trust priory - both a must see !

Stayed: March 2017

Many thanks for your review. Glad you both enjoyed our Sunday Roast,

Reviewed March 13, 2017

I was in a 'world of pain' (actually I was walking the Peddars Way with my brother but stupidly had not broken in my new walking boots).

We stopped at the Ostrich for a bite to eat and a pint.

This is a pleasant little village with a stunning castle and magnificent old priory - I decided I was in just too much pain to carry on (my brother being an ex Royal Marine decided to jog the next 12 miles!).

The lady in charge (owner/manager?) offered to call for a taxi - arranged for it - negotiated a price and made sure I was OK to get in it - most welcome.

The Ciabatta was very good, the Ostrich beer was excellent, the place was really nice and I fully intend to return (if only to show I am still alive).

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank rinkydink2015

It was nice of you to take time out to write wonderful review. We are pleased that you enjoyed our food and drinks. Look forward to hosting you again.