“Recommended”

Miller and Carter Lakeside
Get food delivered
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Serving up its painstakingly sourced menu of succulent steak dishes, Miller & Carter is devoted to all things beef. Alongside delicious cuts from the grill, the diverse menu includes build-your-own burgers, market-fresh fish dishes and a range of tempting nibbles. Chilled draught beers, cooling cocktails and an extensive list of tipples are found behind the bar, or guests can choose from the well-stocked wine cellar.
Reviewed July 23, 2021 via mobile

Lovely restaurant with an upmarket feel. Waiter was exemplary and food excellent. Nice place to eat in Lakeside. Recommended.

Date of visit: June 2021
General Manager A, Manager at Miller and Carter Lakeside, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Jakehemmingway, your wonderful feedback and rating mean a lot to us. We look forward to your next visit! Take care!

Write a reviewReviews (1,077)

Reviewed July 11, 2021

Phenomenal service and I can't fault the food. The new Butchers Block is great value for money, my partner and I had 4 different steaks cooked differently making this the most amazing sharing platter! Thank you.

Date of visit: July 2021
General Manager A, Manager at Miller and Carter Lakeside, responded to this reviewResponded July 13, 2021

Thank you again for taking the time to let us know how we did. We hope you have a great day! If you have any further questions, please give us a call. We're always happy to help!

Reviewed July 9, 2021

We visited miller and Carter today as it was our anniversary. My review today was that the starter was overcooked the fish and chips with peas were of poor quality not what we expected from this restaurant even when we asked to see the manager ,her attitude was very defensive and argued that it was freshly cooked which they wasn't, the chips were refried and tasted like cardboard the peas were like bullets when I asked her to taste them she refused but even one of the kitchen staff tasted them and said they were aweful.considering that we have come out of a pandemic they need to get their act together . The waiting time when seated was about 25 minutes and then the time we got our food another 25 minutes which was not very good considering the surroundings of the restaurant. We got a reduction in our bill .but we will not be visiting any time soon.

Date of visit: July 2021

Hello Brianh,

We are sorry you did not enjoy your food. We do apologise about the wait, the team were still adjusting to the new regulations at this time and this impacted your wait time which we are sorry about. Thank you for your feedback as we do take all feedback on board.

Miller and Carter Lakeside

Reviewed July 5, 2021 via mobile

Before booking our table we completed the form online for a complimentary glass of wine. When the voucher didn’t arrive by email as promised I completed it again on arrival. Again no voucher. In fact it’s 2 days later and it still hasn’t arrived. At the time we arrived we were informed the voucher takes up to 24 hours to arrive.

Regardless of the missing voucher, the food was good generally, my son had the kids calamari, fish and chips and brownie and ice cream. My wife and I had TBones. Having had an amazing tbone in the past I was really excited. Unfortunately my steak was considerably thinner than my wife’s and very chewy on the rump side of the Tbone. Can’t really complain at the time though as I’m sure they weigh these steaks and probably don’t know it’s going to be really chewy and don’t take into consideration the thinness of the rump side of the steak. Thin and gristly as in the photo. Obviously just not my lucky day on this occasion. Otherwise service was great as usual.

1  Thank brandonspeed
General Manager A, Manager at Miller and Carter Lakeside, responded to this reviewResponded July 11, 2021

Brandonspeed, we're disappointed to hear of the negative experience you had at our location.

Reviewed June 28, 2021

Went for dinner at Miller and Carter lakeside and can honestly say it was perfect from the minute I got there. When I arrived Dan was friendly and went out of his way to help me with a situation and no phone. The food was well cooked and the waitress Alison was really helpful and friendly too. Will definitely be returning so nice to go somewhere where nothing felt like too much trouble.

Date of visit: June 2021
General Manager A, Manager at Miller and Carter Lakeside, responded to this reviewResponded July 6, 2021

D587zymariel, we're happy you found our staff to be so supportive during your experience here at Miller & Carter Lakeside. We hope to see you again soon!