All reviews wedding venue birthday lunch recommend st exclusive use beatrice room bridal suite wedding breakfast beautiful venue roast beef roll top bath jacuzzi bath evening buffet generous portions wonderful wedding wedding reception lovely surroundings walk in shower
Reviewed June 14, 2018 via mobile

My husband and I stayed here for one night on our way home from Cornwall. Hotel was lovely, excellent size rooms and great customer service. We ate dinner there & food was great and very reasonably priced. I left something in my room and the hotel were very helpful and sent someone to the post office to send it back recorded delivery too me as it was valuable which I was extremely grateful!
Would definitely recommend this hotel to others

Date of stay: June 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed June 10, 2018

This hotel is absolutely beautiful. Very impressive when you first arrive, when you are there, and was gutted when having to leave. The gardens are beyond perfect. The staff are so friendly and welcoming. They never rush you, and are always happy to help you in any way. Solly is amazing and this House would not be how it is without him. Every time I talk to someone about St Elizabeth's, he is always brought up in conversation. He leaves a mark for every guest because of his outstanding service.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed June 1, 2018

I stayed here for two nights with my elderly parents visiting family in the area. The hotel is beautiful and set in lovely gardens. The location is peaceful and we had a lovely evening walk through the historic village of St Maurice (where my father lived as a child) up to the castle.

Our rooms were spacious and comfortable (although no air-conditioning) and the breakfasts were great, particularly the freshly cooked hot options. The wifi was good and the staff were very friendly and helpful.

My mother is a wheelchair user and there is easy parking and level access to all the ground floor rooms and a small lift to the first floor bedrooms. The bedrooms and bathrooms are large enough for easy manoeuvring although apparently there are no bathrooms with disabled facilities (by which I mean rails to help use the toilet and shower). But there is a fully equipped disabled toilet on the ground floor and we brought some equipment with us from home as well. I recommend checking directly with the hotel before booking to ensure any mobility issues are safely catered for. I also wondered whether the hotel might in future consider investing in some portable equipment for guests to use (like a raised toilet seat with handles and a shower chair) to save us bringing our own, but without having to make permanent changes to the rooms. A bit like providing cots for babies.

Overall we very much enjoyed our stay and St Elizabeth's will be top of our list for return visits.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed May 31, 2018

Had a voucher for afternon tea, we sat in the new conservatory, immediately Solly (does he ever go home !) came and asked uf we would like tea or coffee. Coffee appeared in a silver caffatierre and was excellent. Then our cream tea arrived, wow, wow and wow we had salmon finger sandwiches, ham and mustard and cheese and pickle, the top layer of our serving dish was filled with possett, lemon tartlets, macaroons, carrot cake, choc brownies and then on the bottem their were 4 gigantic scones with pots of jam and cream, we thought crikey we will never eat all that but our friendly waitress saud she would bring me a box to pack away anything I wanted to bring home ! So relaxing, gorgeous chairs to sink into, thoroughly enjoyed my visit in once again

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed May 23, 2018

This was our first time of using this hotel as we had been invited to a friends birthday lunch and we were extremely impressed . From the moment we arrived the staff were attentive and professional every little detail was thought of and even though there were some quite young members of staff they have obviously been given excellent hospitality training. It was quite busy with some large groups booked in but this did not deter from the welcome and service we received . We all chose different items from the menu and as I am vegetarian I asked if there was any other dishes suitable for me and this was dealt with in a warm way and I had the most delicious wild mushroom tagliatelle I have had in a long time. The hotel is very elegant in its decor and the grounds are beautiful to walk around and we plan to return sometime soon for afternoon tea.

Trip type: Travelled with friends