“A lovely hotel”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Batley
Lincoln, United Kingdom
“A lovely hotel”
Reviewed 18 January 2012

Only stayed for one night, A comfortable room, friendly staff, If we need to stay in the area again we would go back there.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank vinhill1

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
Plymouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 October 2011

I understand this hotel has had some bad reviews but has had a recent change of management.
There were no problems during our stay. Our rooms were clean, comfortable, warm and peaceful. They overlooked a wooded garden to the rear. The hotel is slightly difficult to find being at the end of a very short but bumpy cobbled road but is well removed from any passing traffic. The hotel staff were very friendly and eager to please. There is plenty of choice at breakfast and the bacon was the real thing. In our room the large flat screen TV on the wall opposite the foot of the bed was brand new. Room 22 in case you're interested. At times the shower seemed to suffer from a lack of water pressure and the water from the bathroom tap is labeled as 'not suitable for drinking' but that's nit picking.
A double room for two nights with full English for £105.00, what's not to like?

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
4 Thank Mary P
KarlSharman, Manager at Healey Hotel, responded to this review, 13 October 2011
Thank-you for your time to write a review, and for your kind words. We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel
Cameron - Manager
Reviewed 7 September 2011

Stayed for 3 nights. My company booked me and my work colleague 2 double rooms for £105 each for the stay.when I read the trip advisor reviews there was a massive difference of opinions for this hotel. The people who gave it good reviews seemed to be a bit more real as some of the bad reviews I thought were over the top. Eg 'worst hotel in britain' and 'drug den' were obviously silly. I was right we were given rooms 19 and 20 when we arrived by the cheerful receptionist. On entering my room the first thing I noticed was no tv? As we were heading straight to the pub for refreshments I informed the receptionist of this. She told me that the tv had been reported broken and another was on it's way. On cue a man appeared carrying a 32 inch LCD tv and went straight up to instal it. So much for the poor service. The rooms were clean tidy and a good size. For £35 a night a superb establishment. Nice local pub 200 yards away as well. Happy days. C u again soon

• Stayed September 2011
4 Thank Ian F
KarlSharman, Manager at Healey Hotel, responded to this review, 10 September 2011
Thank-you for your kind review. I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us, and we look forward to welcoming you back to Alder House Hotel
nursey
Reviewed 25 July 2011

Have just recently had a 13 day stay here. Stayed in an executive suite if you could call it that but bathroom quite big and bright.. Rooms are being updated as per new management. Mattresses need replacing rooms very poorly lit. could definitely do with more. Housekeeping staff need to take more care carpets hardly ever vacuumed on occasions beds had just quilts thrown over them. Also we had no hot water for 2 days and had to shower in another wing. Told them on first day and nothing done about it Some staff could do with more training as they seem to not know what they are doing. But they were very pleasant. Front reception girls very friendly as were the chefs the breakfasts were very nice. They could do with some outdoor covered area.
When hotel is full more staff are needed as tables not cleared and people having to sit at dirty tables . And service slow. And some staff not knowing what to do.
This hotel has weddings also which is good but the noise from them can carry on till late at night if you want quiet.
Public transport is good as bus stop very nearby.
They are doing renovations which am sure will help the hotel. Some of the staff could not speak English properly which at times made communicating hard.

Just one note I WASNT happy with at all when checking out I was handed a bill by the Manager for 180GPB. We spent 30 mins or more arguing over this I had received a quote for my stay as had booked nearly 3 months prior I knew I had to pay an extra 60GPB on top of what had already paid for accom for an additional breakfast each day. I had an email comfirming my price for stay as he told me that management had changed since I got my quote. I explained to him not my fault they had gone up and there was new management. This continued on for ages he didnt want to know what I was saying to me isnt good practice if they want word of mouth to get them guests in the future as my cousin organised all this from Batley for me as am in Australia even going to Alder House and confirming it all. I then told him we had to get going as we had a train booked to London and had to get to Leeds and he still continued on. In the end we just gave him the 60GPB and left as we were already running late. . And am sure he wasnt impressed well guess nearly as much as I wasnt impressed with what went on.
The management by all accounts have not been there that long so maybe down the track my opinions would change.

Room Tip: Get a fixed quote!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank nursey61
Wakefield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 July 2011

Thank you to emma the wedding coordinator and staff at alder house hotel for making our day so special, we had a wonderful time which we won't forget. The food and full service was excellent, all our guests said how perfect it was. you made us feel so special and you gave us a quality service. lots of love from george and sarah.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
6 Thank georgesarah001
Dronfield
Reviewed 21 July 2011

We only stayed one night but we found the hotel clean and comfortable. Our room was slightly odd in that the wash basin was in the bedroom and the toilet/shower area was small. However, it was clean, the beds were comfortable and everything worked.
The breakfast was excellent and the waitress was helpfulness itself. Nothing was too much trouble, she seemed to enjoy her job and even found time to tell us about the history of the building. Shame that the entrance is at the back because the grounds at the front are very pleasant.
Can't imagine why some people have said it is poor and dirty because it certainly was not when we stayed.

Room Tip: Bedroom needs refurbishing but we were told this is planned for the near future. However it was cle...
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
7 Thank DronfieldDipper
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 July 2011

I was recognised & greeted as a hotel guest immediately right at the front desk reception on my first step walking into the hotel. The hotel's check-in & check-out services were speedy & efficient. The hotel is nicely refurbished, specialy i like the hotel bar and restaurant. The design is one of a kind, very cozy & unique. The hotel room is of good size, clean & well-equipped; I particularly enjoyed the good food and breakfast lot! The excellent free wi-fi internet service in the hotel must be mentioned! All hotel staff including front desk receptionist rebecca, Brains Hearle Chef & restaurant staff were polite & helpful. The location is excellent -- yet on a quiet street but very very close to all networking towns. The Leeds centre is so close which takes you about 15-min drive to get there, the restaurant is extravagant for a single & romantic for a couple! I really enjoyed my stay in this hotel & i have booked executive suite with the hotel on my departure for september. look farword to seeing all staff again in september.

Room Tip: The new wing of hotel has very comfirtable executive suites.
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled on business
6 Thank Richard1281
Also consider these accommodations in or near Batley
3.6 km away
4.7 km away
Village Hotel Leeds South
7.4 km away
Holiday Inn Wakefield M1, Jct. 40

Been to Healey Hotel? Share your experiences!