See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed November 14, 2012

Things have rather changed at the Falcon since my last visit. There are no staff, I let myself in through an open window. There is no food or drink on offer, no menu nothing. It is strictly bring a bottle and a picnic (no corkage will be charged). There is no comfort about the place; there is no furniture at all - not a stick remains and it is as cold as an Eskimos fridge . But the room rate at least cannot be quibbled at - its totally complementary.

I am not too too too sad. I am still smarting that, twenty whatever years ago, when my dear wife had the kindness to let me marry her, the whole eye-watering booze bill from our slap-up wedding reception, enjoyed here at the Falcon, was found, on departure, to have been added to our room bill (whilst my newly acquired father-in-law scuttled-off early with a certain smug grin about his face). Indeed the price the Falcon have now, eventually, paid, whilst rather harsh, has a certain sweetness about it.

Room Tip: Help yourself - bring a sleeping bag and a Thermos
Stayed: November 2012, travelled solo
29  Thank cerfuffle
Reviewed August 27, 2012

We were married here in July 2011 and as a wedding venue it was perfect. We had a 'English country garden' in mind and that is exactly what we got. We were married in the main building which is old and quirky and when decorated with flowers just perfect. Our wedding breakfast was held in the sturdy large marquee in the beautiful garden. Drinks on the patio and lawns, children playing in the hidden gardens, perfect setting for photos, good service, good food, relaxed, beautiful and the best day of our lives.

It would be a real shame if this place closed down. It holds memories that are very dear to our hearts.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank KBurtonandJBurton
Reviewed August 13, 2012

We had our wedding here, and came to book for our wedding anniversary couldn't believe it has closed down since April .
Very sad for such a beautiful venue and great food and service that we experienced.

I hope that it opens again in the future.

• Stayed: August 2012
8  Thank j_watson007
Reviewed July 31, 2012

we are looking for a wedding venue and have been trying to contact the hotel with no luck.
Could a member of staff please state whether the hotel is still holding weddings as when we came to look around last year we thought this hotel was lovely.

Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
11  Thank KatyM31
Reviewed April 3, 2012

Special Thanks to Jon and Chris and Donna who made our wedding day so special and faultless, food delicious service excellent .just added to such a special occasion.all our guests thought it was great too.what a wonderful memory.thanks to you all.linda and gary.

• Stayed: March 2012
1  Thank lindagary29
OldEnglishInns, Owner at Falcon Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 4, 2012

We are really pleased that you enjoyed your recent stay at our hotel. At Old English Inns we really value every one of our customer’s comments. Thank you for taking the time to post your comment and we look forward to welcoming you back to Old English Inns in the future.