All reviews luton airport st albans buffet style lovely hotel flights of stairs executive room birthday party afternoon tea evening meal would stay again wedding reception scones stayed one night plenty of parking lovely room good nights sleep cooked breakfast
Reviewed March 30, 2018

Wife and I stayed last weekend in one of their suites, the hotel itself was great and location was ideal for our needs as a base to explore from. The front of the hotel looks very welcoming but once you move further back into the hotel complex it looks a bit 60's and run down externally although the insides are well decorated and inviting. The biggest areas that need to improve are firstly the general care and attention taken by the staff, I think it suffers from being low occupancy for long periods of the year and the staff have lost their need to look after the place. Examples i'd give are things like room service trays left outside some rooms for hours on end, the view from the bar window is of a wheelie bin that's been left out, lots of areas where items appear to have been left "dumped" rather than being tidied away. Also some of the staff appear uninterested and your treatment can at times be functional at best, almost as though having guests is an inconvienience and gets in their way of passing the day away. That said, some of the staff were fantastic and couldn't do enough to help but its a 50/50 split. If you want a nice hotel which is really quiet and has only a few guests and are prepared to "look after yourselves" then this is the one for you, if you're looking for a hotel where you're every whim will be waited on then you're likely to be disappointed. Overall though, food was great, hotel suite was clean and tidy and price for the stay was reasonable, location is good, close to motorway (you don't notice any road noise) - we'd probably go back.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
ManagementAtAP, Manager at Aubrey Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 3, 2018

Dear Andy B,
Thank you so much for your review of Aubrey Park Hotel.
I am very pleased to hear in the most part you enjoyed your stay.
I am disappointed however that you felt some of my team were disinterested. This certainly isn't as a result of the hotel "having low occupancy for long periods of the year" this in fact couldn't be further from the case.
The hotel enjoys high occupancy most of the year which does make it difficult to find the optimum time to refurbish parts of the hotel. Nonetheless a new conference and events suite was added on to the hotel which was completed at the end of 2016 and we are presently refurbishing meeting rooms and adding a Gym to the hotel. Subsequent to the completion of that project more bedrooms and bedroom corridors will be refurbished.
I am sorry you found some of my team to be less than attentive to your needs but I hope you will give us the chance of showing you our true service standards by returning to Aubrey Park Hotel in the near future.
Thank you again for your feedback.

Reviewed March 25, 2018 via mobile

Cancelled booking due to the extortionate dog stay fee (20) when the room was only 60! The reception woman was fairly rude on the phone so prefer to not stay. Don't advertise as dog friendly or "May charge a fee" if this is absolutely what you're going to do. Can't rate the hotel of facilities.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Nonsensepoopypants
ManagementAtAP, Manager at Aubrey Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 28, 2018

Thank you so much for your feedback.
We charge £20 per stay for our canine guests because most often they take a little more cleaning up after when they depart than our human guests.
Our rate for our canine guests is advertised on our website. This may have seemed out of proportion to your £60 room rate but this is because that rate is a heavily discounted 'Best Available Rate' which is only available at certain times.
I'm sorry you decided not to stay with us - I'm sure your dog would have enjoyed the night here.

Reviewed March 24, 2018 via mobile

Nice hotel - looks great- staff friendly. Breakfast great- other food fine. Lots of parking. Two nice function rooms. Lovely outside space. Dogs allowed in certain rooms. Bar is nice reasonably priced.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family

Thank you so much for your very positive review of Aubrey Park Hotel.

Reviewed March 18, 2018 via mobile

...We stayed here the night before our flight from Luton airport.
Easy to get to and very nice hotel.
The rooms was great, very comfortable, quiet and nicely decorated.
We had a drink in the bar and the service was great.
Breakfast the next morning was buffet style and was very tasty.
Check in and check out were very quick and all staff were very friendly.
The drive from the hotel to airport is about 10mins and a simple route.
Would stay again.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled with family

Thank you so much for your very positive review of Aubrey Park Hotel.

Reviewed March 18, 2018 via mobile

We stayed one night after visiting Harry Potter. The hotel is well located for that and is not far from the M1. We had a warm welcome from reception and a got a quiet room. The room was a good size with a comfortable bed. The bathroom door needs some attention at the bottom of the door where it looked damaged. Breakfast was great, really nice though could you put two knives out per place setting? I saw a number of people taking knives off tables for spreading butter because they had used their knife for something else which explained why we had no knives.

The hotel is dog friendly and the only negative was finding a dog poo on the carpet near our room. Reception had it cleared up quickly but it did make me wonder why the dogs owner had not

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple

Thank you so much for your positive review of Aubrey Park Hotel.