All reviews luton airport st albans lovely hotel buffet style flights of stairs executive room birthday party evening meal afternoon tea would stay again wedding reception stayed one night scones plenty of parking lovely room following morning good nights sleep
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Stayed as a couple for one night on a voucher scheme in a standard double room which was a reasonable size, clean and well presented. Being a Sunday it was very quiet. Staff were friendly and well presented. Had an evening meal in the bar and the food was of a good standard and reasonably priced - a good selection of beers. The breakfast buffet was also very good with a wide selection of both hot and cold food which was replenished regularly. The coffee was excellent and more importantly hot! The only negatives were that the hotel is very near to the M1 and noise was prevalent even with windows closed and the room was therefore very warm. The room suffered from noise of the A/C units which would have been acceptable had there been A/C actually in the room. The mattresses could be improved.

Room Tip: Away from any A/C units and farthest from the M1
  • Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
ManagementAtAP, Manager at Aubrey Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Thank you so much for your feedback on your stay at Aubrey Park Hotel.
I am very pleased that in the main you enjoyed your time with us.
I am always particularly pleased to hear that the hotel team are friendly and helpful as we do pride ourselves on our people.
I do hope to welcome you back to Aubrey Park in the future.

Reviewed September 13, 2018 via mobile

The first impression of the hotel was very favourable however seeing as it is a 4 star rating it soon began to disappoint.
The reception staff initially were courteous and we given room keys(cards) and a identical key for use of the gym. It was explained that the gym had only been availiable for a short time and thus the gym key was exactly the same as the room key and to distinguish it,a piece of paper was folded around it.
So, to the room...a route march. The room was clean but very pokey. Whilst walking the route to the room it was noticed that the emergency exit doors were opened wide and these were not secured shut during the night!
Although no meals were taken, whilst there appeared sufficient staff, the glasses and food plates were not cleared from the tables in the bar lounge for a considerable time until eventually in order to sit at a table it was cleared by ourselves.
Whilst the hotel is situated in grounds, no clearly visible helpful trails were marked or trail maps easily availiable. The groundsman assisted with this however and the various public footpaths and nearby old railway walk made pleasant walking.
The main bone of contention however was the lack of travel adaptor which was specified as being availiable and each morning when requested none was forthcoming.
A final point. The room keys did not work one night and after a double trip to the room, eventually reception advised us that it was due to the fact that we were checking out the next day which was completely incorrect and then to make matters worse we were told not to have the cards near to mobiles...of which there was only one and this was unable to be charged as there was no charger.
Not a 4 star rating!

Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
ManagementAtAP, Manager at Aubrey Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 14, 2018

Dear Terri
Thank you for your feedback on your stay at Aubrey Park hotel
I have noted your comments and thank you for bringing them to my attention
I will look in to all the points you have raised in our ongoing efforts to improve our services and procedures here at Aubrey Park .

Reviewed September 11, 2018 via mobile

What a disgrace! We stayed here whilst attending a family wedding, this hotel being recommend by the venue where the wedding was taking place. On arrival we were kept waiting for ages to be checked in and told we had to pay for our rooms upfront even though we had secured our booking with debit cards. We booked 3 rooms. All rooms were dark, dingy, musty, dated and shabby and did not look like they had been cleaned. There was no soap in the bathroom and my request for this to be addressed was ignored. Fortunately we did not stay in the room long as we were attending a wedding until very late. When we returned in the evening for our showers, the shower head was unadjustable and I had to turn it down to a trickle as within seconds the shower tray was almost flooding and dirt was coming out through the plug. My husband had to wait half an hour before having his shower to allow the water to go down. The bed was even worse and we had barely any sleep owing to the lumpy an old mattress . I have stayed in many hotels and this was my worse experience ever. Please avoid st all costs to avoid huge disappointment.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family

Dear Mrs Scott
Thank you for your feedback on your stay at Aubrey Park hotel.
I will immediately ask my team to investigate your comments and come back to as soon as I am able.
Thank you again for your comments.

Reviewed September 6, 2018

We stayed at this hotel for three nights, as our daughter was getting married at the local golf club. Their were quite a few of us staying here. Breakfast was superb with plenty of choice. The evening meals that we had in the bar were also very good, although I would have liked a bit more choice. My only gripe would be that our room was not cleaned as well as it could have been, and was not cleaned or touched on one of the days. We also changed rooms, as our first room was in a very noisy corridor, and the second room that we were given was much smaller, and the shower room, way to small. The hotel was very busy that weekend, and most of the staff were very polite and good at their jobs, but there were a couple that I felt let the rest down.

Stayed: August 2018
1  Thank Mary G

Thank you so much for your feedback on your stay at Aubrey Park Hotel.
I am glad in the most part you enjoyed your time with us.
I am sorry to hear about the housekeeping situation, I am aware of the unforeseen problem we had with our housekeeping team that weekend and for that I do apologise.
I do hope to welcome you back to Aubrey Park in the future.

Reviewed September 3, 2018 via mobile

Our visit was short and only an over night before a flight. At check in there was one man on reception and a long queue. A lady with blonde hair and glasses came to assist him. She asked if she could help and as I looked towards the man in front she rudely yelled at me can I help. Not the welcome you hope for. To add to it, she finished serving, moved to the front of the desk, embraced a colleague I can only imagine no longer works there and said ‘I miss you, it’s awful here without you, it’s horrible here’. She then continued to say it’s lucky he left when he did as it’s not a nice place to work. This did not fill me joy about my stay. When we got to our room it was clean but not very spacious considering the price for 2 people. A travelodge is normally bigger and better value! Sadly, not in a rush to return

Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
ManagementAtAP, Manager at Aubrey Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 4, 2018

Thank you for your feedback on your stay here at Aubrey Park.
I'm sorry that you did not enjoy it and for that I apologise.
Unfortunately from your 'tripadvisor name' I cannot track your booking and investigate when exactly you stayed or which room this was in.
We log all comments made to us in all our departments so if you'd like to share this information with me I can investigate further .
Thank you again for your comments.