“Superb setting, outstanding staff, excellent service.” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Ringwood Hall Hotel

Ringwood Hall Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Brimington
Doncaster
“Superb setting, outstanding staff, excellent service.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 January 2012

Having found Ringwood Hall after much searching for a wedding venue, it was very pleasing to see all our plans culminating in a fantastic wedding and making our special day go without a hitch. John and the staff did everything possible and more to ensure we all had a very memorable day. The food was plentiful and tasty, settings were amazing. Thankyou, Graham and Leah.

• Stayed December 2011
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
RonaCosh, General Manager at Ringwood Hall Hotel, responded to this review, 13 February 2012
Thankyou so much for your fabulous review following your recent marriage and wedding celebrations at Ringwood Hall.

Delighted that everyone had a great time, and, on behalf of all of us here at Ringwood Hall Hotel, we appreciate your recognition of the service we provide.

We had a thoroughly enjoyable time looking after you and your guests, and hope to have the opportunity of welcoming you back on future occasions.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (252)
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 January 2012

The staff at this hotel were very helpful and friendly. The spa was very nice, our room was fantastic as we had a suite with a lovely corner bath, and our bed was large and comfy. Very clean. The downside was the food I'm afraid. We had a Christmas dinner booked for a family party, the meat was very dry and the vegetables seemed frozen and microwaved. Quite tasteless. The breakfast was average. The grounds of the hotel are lovely as is the decor. I would definitely book again although I would have to eat at a local restaurant.

Room Tip: We upgraded to a luxury room which I feel is worth it, £120 for 2 people with breakfast. (and use of...
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
RonaCosh, General Manager at Ringwood Hall Hotel, responded to this review, 19 January 2012
Disappointing to receive negative feedback in respect of food quality. Under the close supervison of Head Chef, Sean Oswin, we rarely experience criticism of food quality, especially within the privte dining and banqueting arena. Rest assured I will be discussing it with him further.
On a brighter note, thankyou for your lovely comments about the hotel facilities and staff.
Our aim, quite simply is to please. we hope to have the opportunity of welcoming you back in order that you can give our food a "second chance".
Bletchley, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 January 2012

Where does one start when the experience I have just had was so bad. I will start at the beginning.

I visited this hotel for two nights as I was working locally. The cost of the bed and breakfast was covered by work, but that's not the point.

When I arrived, the first room was unacceptable for various reasons, so I asked to change, which thy did for me. The second room, initially looked ok, but upon closer inspection turned out to be unacceptable also, but I didn't change as I knew I was only there for two nights.

The problems with the room included a dirty bathroom, a broken headboard which I expected to fall and hurt me during the night, a broken tv and a generally a very disappointing room.

On the first night I was there, I ate in the bar and ordered the lasagne, which came with garlic bread and a side salad. The first mouthful was a lovely taste, but when I went to take my second mouthful, a caterpillar walked into view out of the lettuce leaves, which completely put me off my food and made me feel sick for the next 18 hours. When I gave the plate back to th bar staff, they were very apologetic, but I didn't get any visits from anyone in authority, so I could express my concerns.

They offered me a free drink as an apology! GREAT!!

On my final day, I did manage breakfast, but I was cautious and ate very little.

When I checked out, I was presented with a bill, which I was expecting to be reduced for the drinks I had, but it wasn't. That might have been my wishful thinking. The receptionist, on checkout also took my email address because the general manager wanted to get in contact. Two days later I am still waiting or any contact.

I will be doing everything I can to make sure people know how bad this hotel is including writing this review and also contacting the local newspapers to.

The only positive about ths hotel is the staff who I interacted with were very apologetic. I would say they are used to apologising for the terrible experience customers endure.

The company I work with, I am discussing making a different hotel the preferred choice because I would hate for someone else to suffer what I had too.

The best thing for his hotel, is for it to be closed down, and I wouldn't be surprised if environmental Heath did this after the visit they make, when I tell them about my experiences.

• Stayed January 2012
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank cccsl
Without doubt there is complete justification for being upset by the discovery of a caterpillar in salad garnish. We re-iterate our apologies for this unhappy incident, it was very regrettable.
We reassure you that food hygiene has and always will be our highest priority......that said, mistakes occur and to "err is human".
The Duty Manager that evening, Scott, provided further profuse apologies to support those given by the restaurant staff, and removed the charges for the offending meal and associated beverages. Furthermore, on realising you were looking toward the purchase of a Chinese takeaway (quite understandable under the circumstances!), provided advice as to the best in the area, and also offered to pay for the cost. In fact, he further proceeded to take cutlery, crockery and iced water to your room. I am certain he could have done no more.
The following morning a senior manager responded with a further apology emailed to the PA who had made the reservation.
It was unfortunate that disruption to television reception in some parts of the hotel that evening were the direct result of damage to a booster signal which had inadvertently been dislodged by fire safety engineers who had, earlier in the day been installing upgrades to further sophisticate our fire alarm system. The signals were restored by mid evening.
While we did get some aspects of your stay wrong, our standards of room cleanliness and presentation are exemplary, and our levels of maintenance are extremely high. Our continuous programme of refurbishment throughout the hotel, both internally and externally is testament to this.
We are sorry that you were so disappointed.
Sheffield, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 January 2012

Just had an excellent weekend at this hotel attending a double birthday party with family and friend. Although this is less than 15 miles from home it was a place we knew nothing about - but it's a gem!
The service, food and facilities are superb and this hotel is highly recommended. Breakfast was buffet style and the choices were extensive, the only small downside being that they had run out of marmalade.
All in all excellent.

Room Tip: Ask their advice when booking.
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your lovely review following your recent stay.

We believe that we have a lovely venue, perfect for family gatherings and celebrations, with a number of private dining rooms admirably suited to that special occasion experience.

We hope to have the opportunity of welcoming you back at some point in the future, maybe to enjoy an overnight stay whilst attending one of our Murder Mysteryt, Black Tie or West End Musical Dinner Events.

We will endeavour to ensure that we have marmalade available....sorry!
Sheffield
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 January 2012

We had a wonderful wedding here in July 2011. The staff were amazing and made the day run like a dream. We wouldn't hesitate to recommend Ringwood for a wedding. To top it off, we got married outside which was beautiful. They do lots of weddings here but the staff treated us as if we were the most important people there and personalised the day. Lyndon and Michael looked after us on the day and nothing was too much trouble.The gardens are spectacular and a lot of work has gone into making them so.

I stayed the night before in the adjoining 'girls room' as recommended by the wedding coordinator. I wasn't sure at first if this was what I wanted but it was perfect on the morning of the wedding to have two large rooms to get ready in. It also looks great in the photos.

If we were to do it all again, we would definitely choose Ringwood and the only thing we would change would be the florist, Strides, who Ringwood recommend. The flowers were beautiful but the service received from Strides was substandard. If you have booked with them already, make sure you are very clear about what you are getting and make sure you ask him to check with you on the day that you are happy with everything before he disappears. To Ringwood's credit, they tried their best to sort it out and the fault doesn't lie with them.

10 out of 10 for Ringwood!

Room Tip: The adjoining feature rooms are great for the night before getting married.
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you so much for your lovely review following your marriage and wedding celebrations at Ringwood Hall in July.

We hope that you had a perfect first Christmas and New Year as newlyweds.

We do recommend the low key "girlie night" the night prior to the wedding, as the interconnecting rooms provide so much space for the wedding party make-up, hairstyling and dressing on the morning of the wedding. It also allows for the bride and her "attendants" to relax the night prior, safe in the knowledge that everything is in place. Delighted to read how well it worked for you!!

We hope that you got lots of fabulous photograph opportunities in our extensive and very special award winning gardens.

Sorry and disappointed to read your feedback with regard to Strides. As our recommended florist we have successfully "forged" a very productive rapport over the past 10 years. I would acknowledge that whilst their ideas and delivery on the day are generally exceptional, we do understand that they can be slow to respond with quotations, and on occasions, difficult to get hold off. Even mindful of this we continue to recommend them as their finished product is, without exception wonderful. Your feedback nonetheless, is appreciated.

We hope to have the opportunity of welcoming you back.......maybe on the occasion of your first anniversary!
Barnsley, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 January 2012

As a family, we usually get together between Christmas and New Year and this year we decided to have a change; recommended by a friend of a friend we booked Ringwood Hall. We had some concerns after recent reviews but we shouldnt have worried. The whole stay from start to finish was fantastic and fulfilled everything we required from a Christmas break. Our rooms were all located on the same corridor so we didn't have to go far to make plans; a very nice convenience. All rooms were overlooking the beautiful grounds and could not be faulted. We were welcomed to our room with Christmas treats which were a lovely gesture we haven't recieved in previous years at other hotels. The evening event on boxing day was, again, fantastic. The food was delicious, staff were extremely attentive and the manager was evident making sure each guest was enjoying their stay. The following day, staff very kindly started a fire in one of the rooms so we could enjoy the fesitive season.

Oh and I feel the full English breakfast is worth a mention - we enjoyed the extended serving so we could enjoy a longer lie in.

We would all recommend a stay in this charming hotel. Thanks to Rona and all the staff for making our stay very pleasant. We'll be back soon.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
RonaCosh, General Manager at Ringwood Hall Hotel, responded to this review, 13 January 2012
Happy New Year.

Thankyou for leaving such a splendid review following your family gathering at Ringwood between Christmas and New Year.

I am guessing that the recent reviews that bothered you refer to the late bar issues but, happily that all seems to have settled down.......a storm in a teacup!

Delighted that you enjoyed the gifts that we left for you, we think that the little Christmas treats make all the difference.

The log fire is a very special feature at Ringwood Hall and draws much comment and, having that as a room your family could gather in and enjoy each other`s company throughout the day and in to the evening seemed like a great idea.

\we hope that we will have the opportunity of welcoming you back again.
Horncastle, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 January 2012

An expressive building, warm reception from the staff on arrival. The suite I had booked was beautiful, large, well furnished, extremley comfortable. Bathroom clean plenty of white fluffy towels. Everything I had ordered was in the room on arrival,chocs,bathrobes,fresh fruit.chilled champagne arrives a little later as this was a surprise upgrade for my husband. Evening meal was delightful and the full English breakfast was hot and plentiful .
A lovely break away, will certainly go there again.

• Stayed December 2011
Happy New Year to you.

I am delighted that you enjoyed your New Year`s break with us at Ringwood Hall, and that the Renishaw Suite more than met with your expectations.

We always aim to provide a traditional welcome during the Festive period along with a first class service, and we are delighted that this is exactly what you found.

We look forward to welcoming you back.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Brimington
9.9 km away
7.8 km away
Twin Oaks Hotel
Twin Oaks Hotel
#1 of 1 in Palterton

Been to Ringwood Hall Hotel? Share your experiences!