All reviews the main hotel steam room beautiful wedding wedding breakfast lady on reception cream tea wedding reception grounds are lovely wedding parties lamb great night's sleep beautiful hotel full swing relaxing break master of ceremonies waiting staff pudding
Reviewed July 23, 2018

Looks like a really good venue however although there was plenty of room in the restaurant they wouldn't actually take an order for food, there was also a private function going on with a very noisy disco (and no air conditioning so had to leave windows open) that I was informed would end at 10.30 but this carried on much later, staff that were on duty seemed apologetic but didn't do anything about either issue, wouldn't recommend staying here as they are obviously driven by money with no concept of good service or a reasonable nights stay.

Trip type: Travelled on business
Rona D, General Manager at Ringwood Hall Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded August 15, 2018

Our apologies for your disappointment whilst staying with us recently.
Unfortunately we encountered a challenge in the kitchen that night dinner service as a consequence was very slow.

Reviewed July 23, 2018

I would highly recommend the spar it was so clean and relaxing.

We went to the twilight spa 18.00 - 21.00 - which includes canapes at 8.00 I guess they do it at that time as they think people wont go back in the spa after - we did but was told we needed to get out at 08.30 as it shuts at 21.00 so I guess they should advertise the times differently!

Jan who did my 25 minute back massage was amazing I would highly recommend her. You get complimentary water but downstairs is only lemon water so if you want plain water you have to go back upstairs.

Overall my experience was AMAZING and i would revisit.

I won it in a competition but it would have been £59.00 a person. I think it was worth that.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
3  Thank julesgriffiths
Rona D, General Manager at Ringwood Hall Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded August 9, 2018

I am really delighted that you found your visit for treatments to our Garden Secret Spa overall to be amazing, and that you would highly recommend.
Do come back and enjoy our facilities again soon.

Reviewed July 23, 2018 via mobile

Having wanted to treat my partner and I to a romantic night away, I thought It would be lovely to book a night here. The photos of the hotel, rooms and spa looked lovely. Wanting to treat her, I booked us a more expensive suite, hoping for a little extra luxury.

Firstly the positives. All areas of the hotel were really clean, the staff were extremely friendly and very helpful and breakfast was fantastic. (One point though, get bigger tea/coffee pots). Parking is also good.

The negatives. To call the room a suite was a little unfair. A maybe slightly larger room that normal with a corner spa bath in it. At 6 foot I’m never going to chill out in a corner bath and it certainly wasn’t big enough for two. The bath had a mixer shower head. There was a separate toilet but no bathroom and more importantly no shower. The one in the bath really wasn’t practical and taking turns pretending to be a wall mount for each other really wasn’t much fun. It wasn’t good at all. There was no air conditioning in the room or fans so it was sweltering. I think I managed about 30 minutes sleep. The tv was mounted on a wall to the left of the bed so we couldn’t even comfortably watch that together while we laid there melting. There was no sofa to chill out on as you would expect in suit. A couple of chairs and a small table just doesn’t do it. There was no Fridge in the room which while not always expected in a hotel room would have been a most welcome extra in the heat and for a “suite” a must. Finally the biggest let down for me was the spa. It looks amazing on the photos and was a huge influence on my decision to book here. Unfortunately what I had failed to notice was the £39.00 per person extra charge to use it. There was no way on this earth I was paying £80.00 to go swimming for an hour. Such a shame.

To summarise. While I can see the attraction of the hotel as a wedding venue, because it does look lovely and the staff really are friendly and helpful, we certainly won’t be returning again.

Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank bigdowdy

Thank you for taking the time and trouble to leave your review following your recent stay.
Your feedback in regard to the presentation of the room allocated has been noted and we apologise for your disappointment.
On a brighter note your kind observation about the presentation of breakfast and the welcome extended to you by our staff are greatly appreciated.

Reviewed July 22, 2018

Have got 4 stars since my last visit and well deserved more of the grounds be done the marquee has been make bigger and has be redesigned t staff as always very friendly and helpful food was very good can’t wait for my next visit

2  Thank Mary D

Thank you for leaving your kindly worded review following your recent weekend break at Ringwood.
It was good to read that you found our staff to be friendly and helpful, and that the food was very good.
Our new Secret Garden Spa is now open, do consider using this facility (treatments need to be prebooked) on your next visit.

Reviewed July 19, 2018

After searching through all the venues in our local area for our wedding day, my Mum happened to see a google advertisement for Ringwood Hall on the internet. As soon as I saw the picture I thought we must check it out.
After turning up to one of the wedding showcases I knew this was the venue for us.
With quite a few function rooms to choose from as well as the marquee and plenty of dates available we settled on a date 2 years in advance and chose to have our ceremony here and reception.
The wedding team were super friendly and always willing to help. I was quite an easy bride as we had two years to get most things organised before we properly met with the wedding team to finalise things.
Time flew and our weekend to get married arrived,me, my family & bridal party chose to stay over the night before.
The rooms were lovely - especially the Barlborough suite which I had and apartments which my Mum and Dad had.
We met our MC John the night before when we went down to the Restaurant (please see at the end my review on this) which was great and on the day- what can I say he was amazing, so polite, funny and brilliant at his job, many people commented what a great job he did at organising.
Our ceremony was in the Chatsworth suite with entrance via the portland - it was decorated beautifully.
Our reception was held in the Coach House suite with our drinks reception in the Rose Garden, both were amazing and as the roses had bloomed this added to the scenery on the photographs.
Our wedding breakfast was great, no complaints for the food and the staff were really friendly and attentive. They couldn't do enough. The star of the show was the bbq buffet in the evening- it was fantastic.
I was sad to leave Ringwood Hall on the Sunday but very much intend to return on our wedding anniversary. It is a beautiful hotel with beautiful grounds and if you book your wedding there you won't be disappointed. Everyone commented on how beautiful the Hotel was and what a great day they had.

**My only quibble with my whole experience there was our experience in the restaurant the night before. My family had a meal booked in there and we found that the staff hardly entered the room. We were sat waiting long periods in between with no service for topping up drinks or ordering puddings, we had to keep flagging staff down outside the room. The staff were friendly enough and apologised for this but it happened quite a few times/ I would have expected a better service for the prices of the food which was lovely quality when it did come.

Date of stay: June 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank Eleanor O

Thank you so much for posting your delightful and comprehensive review following your recent wedding at Ringwood Hall. It seems that everything went according to plan and that you had a truly memorable wedding day overall.
I will of course look into the reasons service in the restaurant was so disappointing and thank you for bringing it to my attention.
We do very special rates for our bridal couples returning for their first anniversary, so do make contact with our wedding team nearer the day for us to make the necessary arrangements.