1,394 results
All reviews afternoon tea andy murray open kitchen tennis courts roux restaurant petit fours country house upgraded to a suite service charge lemon tart special treat scones set menu birthday lunch car park a la carte menu drawing room
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We visited for afternoon tea recently and were very impressed. Met at the car by a porter with umbrellas for both of us and he walked us into reception. Taken to our table in the lovely lounge with beautiful garden views from the bay window we were seated beside. The afternoon tea was just fantastic. It was so good but we couldn’t finish it so we were given what was left boxed up to take home. Visited Cromlix Chapel which is beautiful and lots of history information available. Overall an excellent afternoon with first class service and food and we will definitely come back again. Enjoyed chatting to our young waitress each time she topped up our tea cups.

Stayed: October 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank marionn649
Graeme G, General Manager at Cromlix, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear Marionn469, thank you very much for taking the time to write such a lovely five-star review of your recent Afternoon Tea experience with us at Cromlix and Chez Roux. I am thrilled to read that from the moment you arrived the team looked after you and you had the most enjoyable afternoon. I am delighted that you took advantage and learned about history of the house and explored various areas including our beautiful in-house chapel. Thank you once again for your kind words, I will be sure to pass them onto the team and we look forward to welcoming you to the house again soon.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

What a fabulous hotel, food was beyond amazing and what can I say about the staff never have we come across staff who were so eager to please and so lovely and friendly with it. We were upgraded to a suite as a result of a small error on the hotels behalf but they dealt with it very speedily and respectfully.
We will most definitely be back. The Ferguson Suite was outstanding.

Room Tip: Ferguson Spa Suite.
  • Stayed: October 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank 314agnesr

Dear 314agnesr, thank you so much for taking the time to write such a kind review and sharing with the Trip Advisor community, we always love reading feedback on your experiences. I am delighted that you had the most wonderful stay and enjoyed your complimentary upgrade to the most beautiful Ferguson Junior Spa Suite! I am also very pleased to read that you had delicious food and the team looked after you well, we are all looking forward to welcoming you both back to the house in the future.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We were given a voucher for a stay at Cromlix House as a wedding present. What a wonderful gift that turned out to be!

I was heavily pregnant at the time and starting to get really uncomfortable all the time. This was the perfect way to relax before our the arrival of our little bundle - a mini babymoon!

We were greeted in the car park and our luggage (including my enormous pregnancy pillow) was taken up to our room. We were upgraded to the most incredible suite.

The room was amazing - a huge bed, a tv disguised as a mirror and everything you might need. But the bathroom was the real showstopper complete with gold roll top bath, his and hers sinks, and a double shower. I was in heaven!

We had tea and scones when we arrived in the lounge by the fire and went for a pre dinner wander around the grounds before dinner.

We ate at the La Roux restaurant and were not disappointed. We had the venison wellington and the staff even managed to accommodate my pregnancy dietary requirements while not depriving my husband - well done for me and medium rare for him.

The next morning we ordered breakfast in bed and had an incredible spread delivered to our room. Nothing more decadent than breakfast in a four poster bed!

Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Jessflowerdew

Dear Jessflowerdew, thank you so much for leaving such a warm five-star review with your recent stay with us at Cromlix and Chez Roux. It is lovely to read all of your kind words and that you had the most enjoyable and relaxing stay and thoroughly enjoyed your complimentary upgrade to one of our suites – the bathrooms are truly beautiful and perfect for unwinding. Our Chefs are always happy to adapt to any dietary requirements, so I will be sure to pass your compliments onto them and the rest of the team who made your stay memorable. From everyone at Cromlix, we wish you the best of luck with the new arrival and we look forward to welcoming you all to the house one day.

Reviewed 5 weeks ago

We had the loveliest stay here. The hotel is lovely. Our room was amazing- we got an upgrade which was much appreciated. We had dinner with friends at the restaurant. I would say it was 10/10. Breakfast was lovely as well. staff were very nice. We will definitely be back.

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Pv2017

Dear PV2017, Thank you very much for taking the time to write such a lovely review of your recent stay with us at Cromlix and Chez Roux. I am glad that everything from delicious meals to a friendly team made your stay all that more special. We are all looking forward to welcoming you back to the house in the future.

Reviewed October 12, 2018 via mobile

Lovely service, even small standard double was lovely. Dinner excellent even though I struggled to find something I liked on the menu. But thoroughly enjoyed crab quiche and risotto. Lovely breakfast in the morning. Would love to have more walking routes around the grounds and maybe spa/gym.

Stayed: October 2018, travelled with friends

Dear GoodWoodSingapore, thank you very much for taking the time to write a review on your recent experience at Cromlix and Chez Roux. It is lovely to read that you had a great stay and thoroughly enjoyed your Crab quiche and risotto- I will be sure to pass your compliments onto the Chefs. We do have plans for a future extension, so will definitely take your comments on board. Thank you once again for your review and we do hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the house again soon.
Warm Regards,