Lowest prices for your stay
US$143
SAVE US$27
Free cancellation until 21-03-13
eDreams
TravelocityUS$143
Orbitz.comUS$143
Trip.comUS$143
All reviews rooftop bar staying at this hotel restaurant staff enjoyed my stay asu security
Selected filters
Reviewed September 15, 2020 via mobile

My name is Edgard , I want to begin by saying that this is a very nice Hotel and very comfortable; however, Almost two weeks ago was my 3rd time staying at this hotel.
This time the experience was TERRIBLE.
Very rude staff except the front desk. 1 night i sat at the bar in the lobby 1 of the bartender “lady” ask me to get up because she wanted my seat so she could count money.
“Terrible “
The security personnel most are very rude and threatening, they interfere in what the hotel staff job.
Restaurant service also terrible, especially breakfast. During breakfast there’s no menu someone would just come to you and tell you what they have then disappeared,.and I waited for some water melon juice for 35 minutes I ended up leaving.
Dinner also terrible, food was cold, servers are way too friendly, before you get your food they already asking for your number.
I gave 1 start because of the restaurant, bar, and security personnel. They all need training.
Front desk, Mrs kelida and Sofia were the only nice ppl there and i had to get their mame.
Thank you karibe, hope I could recommend a friend.

Date of stay: September 2020
Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank 255ede
Reviewed February 22, 2020

There’s a roof top “bar” that plays RIDICULOUSLY loud music all night and can even be heard on the first floor IN your room. It seems like the hotel is more concerned with the “Asu” rooftop bar than their patrons who are renting hotel rooms. Incredibly unfortunate. If you’re looking to actually get sleep, don’t come here.

Date of stay: February 2020
Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank K6307GUmb
Reviewed October 9, 2019 via mobile

Decent hotel to stay at. I attended a wedding which was marvelous. Only issue that I came across was the theft of many cell phones of the guests who visited. Keep your belongings close. Seems to be a common issue in Haiti. The food was excellent and fresh. Safe in the bedroom was not bolted down so it was pretty much useless. I would stay at this hotel again.

Date of stay: December 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Jp P
Reviewed May 25, 2019

The grounds are expertly maintained and the rooms are very clean. Staff is friendly and you are totally safe. Pool was lovely - clean, well-appointed and friendly barkeep.

That said - it is tucked away in the diplomatic quarter and there is nothing you can walk to. Rooms had all the charm and upkeep of a middle-America Super 8. And in spite of the plentiful cheap labour, the groundskeepers insist on using a leaf-blower (ruined my poolside nap, first-world problems, yes). I stayed in June 2018, maybe the rooms have been refreshed since, but they sure look nicer in the photos.

Room tip: away from the leaf blower
Date of stay: June 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Patrice J, Guest Relations Manager at Karibe Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 21, 2019

Dear Frankie_Hummus

Thank you for visiting the Karibe Hotel, we have started the renovations of the Standard rooms, it s a long process and we hope to have you again as soon as it is completed. We also thank you for noticing our Staff and our poolside comfort... we took away the leaf-blower ! FYI

Come back soon !

Reviewed May 20, 2019

So, whenever I come to Haiti I specifically stay at Marriot. Simply because I’m familiar with the property and its service.
My sister and I came in to Haiti for a wedding and decided to stay at a local Haitian owned property. After reading reviews and we chose Karibe.
Most of our time was spent outside, exploring the country. So we didn’t have the opportunity to experience anything other than your WIFI and front office service. I’m still debating which one was less effective.
Since we figured the stay wasn’t terrible, we decided to return for my brother’s 30th birthday.
We arrived at the hotel after an exhausting flight and were met by your front desk agent, Sophia. After checking in, we were extremely dissatisfied with our room and asked if we can upgrade. Sophia must have been under the impression that we wanted the upgrade complimentary and met our request with the a extremely poor attitude. As a paying hotel guest, I chose to keep the room and avoid her attitude all for the sake of my peace and my family’s trip. Throughout the night, the AC gave out on us and it got so hot in the room, it became unbearable, we were no longer able to comfortably sleep. We contacted the front desk to request the Ac to be looked at or to be moved to another room in the same category. Again we were met with a tasteless attitude from Sophia and were told, we had no other option but to stay in our hell bound overheated room or pay for an upgrade.
Sophia changed our rooms 3 times after I explained that I no longer wanted an upgrade just a functioning AC. After 3 failed attempts of putting us in rooms with malfunctioning air conditioning units, a supervisor named Steevenson intervened and found a room for us with a full functioning and cooling AC unit.
When we checked out that trip, a young lady named Stephanie assisted us and she was absolutely heaven sent. We explained our concerns to her and she allowed us to vent and apologized profusely for the poor experience. She extended an invitation for us to return, to give your property another opportunity.
So just one week ago we decided to return to Karibe, all on Stephanie’s good faith. We were checked in by another fabulous agent, who took great care of us during the process named Judel. He was so professional and friendly, we felt comfortable and began feeling secure in our decision to return to your property.
Your wifi wasn’t working again, this seems to be an ongoing problem. However, this time around we were helped by a magnificent IT guy named Luc. He gave us great tips on and recommendations through our stay and every word fell on great soil. He had Judith, the housekeeping supervisor, take great care of us and she attended to all of our needs.
Another place the service fell short was at your roof top bar, Asu. The service screamed racial discrimination and reeked or prejudice from your servers. We were overlooked and white guests who arrived after us were taken care of before us. We expressed some concern to your bartender Getro and he took the best care of us to make up for the blatant inconvenience. However, because of that ill racist based experience, I do not believe I or my family members will ever return to Asu.
I’d like to show special appreciation to Stephanie. This young lady went above and beyond for us during this stay and she’s managed to change our entire outlook of the customer service at your property. We were met with beautiful amenities in our room, as she wanted to make up for my brother not being welcomed for his birthday with a special welcome drink.

Date of stay: May 2019