“An unforgettable experience ... a real symbol of...”

Review of Wild Lotus Yala

Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Excellent - based on 15 reviews

Reviews from our community

Antshere
Ghent, Belgium
“An unforgettable experience ... a real symbol of Srilanka’s beauty and hospitality!”
Reviewed July 29, 2019 for a stay in July 2019
person found this review helpful

We stayed at Wild lotus with our extended family while on a holiday in srilanka and it is undoubtedly the best place we have stayed at sofar. Unique location, Authentic design, attention to detail, peace and quiet.. I can’t say enough about all the amazing little things that made our stay extra special - the watch tower from which seemingly you can see impossibly far stretches of land, the rain shower, the hammocks, the bonfire, the amazing pool and allll the birds you can see! While we were recovering from an illness, Kristin and her staff - especially Nelson - took excellent care of our needs and adjusted the schedules as we needed them. The safari was another highlight .. though we didn’t see any leopards, we saw a herd of elephants from close by and it was an amazing first experience!
All in all, our only regret is that we didn’t stay there longer - 2 days was too little time to take it all in!
If you are considering staying there, I would say - just do it! It will be a memory to keep for a long time!

Date of stay: July 2019
3 Nov 2019
Thank you so much for the wonderful review, they mean the world to us. We hope to see you and your family on your next trip to Paradise Island. :)
Christina...
Antigua, Guatemala
“Most beautiful, relaxing place to stay and full of easily observable wildlife.”
Reviewed May 19, 2019 for a stay in April 2019

In April, I stayed in the bungalow as a 68-year-old, female, solo traveler. It was beautiful and the staff was beyond excellent. The bungalow was extremely comfortable and had everything I needed. I birdwatched every morning sitting at the breakfast table on the porch. I especially loved the tower/observation deck. It's really tall but you can observe the surroundings from any level. I saw so much wildlife by day from that tower. They didn't even know I was watching. At dusk, after watching a beautiful sunset from there, I was pleasantly surprised to observe thousands of fruit/fox bats flying overhead starting the night shift. They passed for at least 20 minutes. Then, the stars came out. I can't say enough about this place. The food was delicious and they were careful not to make it too spicy for me. They even included me in their New Year ceremony because I was the only guest there and some of the staff had the day off. That was a privilege. I will never forget my experience there. My purpose was to see as much wildlife as possible. I scheduled a half day and then another full day in Yala National Park. My guide was the father-in-law of the owner of the villa. His name is M M Jayantha, "King of the Jungle." He has been guiding for 37 years! He knew where to find just about any animal I wanted to see in and out of the park. This included 2 leopards and an Indian Roller. Request him if you need a guide. He knows his stuff and he's very nice. His wife is the excellent cook at the villa.

Date of stay: April 2019
19 May 2019
Dear Christine, thank you from the bottom of our hearts for your review of Wild Lotus. It was truly a pleasure hosting you and we hope to see again one day in Sri Lanka.

Kristin and Madu
949sasham
Brisbane, Australia
“Luxury”
Reviewed March 9, 2019 for a stay in March 2019

We loved staying here, it was our favourite in Sri Lanka. It’s out of the way, away from the rest of the tourists but close to yala and Bundala national parks. The staff are very welcoming and accomodating. The pool is excellent, especially after a safari. One our first night we were served a delicious Sri Lankan dinner in the garden under the stars. The bathrooms are a real highlight- the showers are open roofed and with plants and ponds. You have to see the photos to understand how amazing they are.

Date of stay: March 2019
10 Mar 2019
Dear Sasha, we are thrilled that you and your group enjoyed your stay with us. All the best to you and we hope to see visit us again the next time you are in the area.
Penticton...
Penticton, Canada
“Not Enough Words...”
Reviewed March 6, 2019 for a stay in March 2019

...Wow! We are in love with this spot. The house is large and open and very clean and modern. The staff are wonderful and are so happy to please. The food was absolutely delicious and presented down to the smallest detail. Bonfires were lit nightly with our table laid out before it. The bed was so comfortable and the bathroom with outside shower amazing. After travelling throughout Sri Lanka this spot was an oasis that we did not want to leave.

Date of stay: March 2019
Your age range 50-64
7 Mar 2019
Thanks Jeanette and Dwight for the wonderful review, I will certainly share it with our team. Wishing you both all the best and hope to see you again when you come back to Sri Lanka! - Kristin and Madu
Ruth C
Aylesbury, United Kingdom
“Wonderful stay”
Reviewed February 23, 2019 for a stay in February 2019

On arriving at the Wild Lotus we were a little worried about how remote it is but our reservations soon disappeared. The staff are wonderful. Soon after our arrival we went on a bird watching 'safari' with Kristin's father around his local neighbourhood. We barely saw any tourists and he is so knowledgeable and interesting. They also organised a morning safari in the park which was great and because we didn't get to see the elusive leopard we went out again in the evening and our tuk tuk safari was quite magical. The rooms are spacious and really stylish. Particularly loved the outside shower with frogs! The food was delicious and they organised a birthday cake for my husband which was so kind. Only slight comment was the bikes need upgrading but that is really minor. A really wonderful place!

Date of stay: February 2019
24 Feb 2019
Thanks so much for you wonderful review Ruth, I will certainly pass it onto our team. All the best to you and your husband and we hope to see you again in Sri Lanka one day!
Samuel G
“Magic spot”
Reviewed January 21, 2019 for a stay in January 2019

Hey Kristin, thank you so much for taking care of me and my wife , we had such a good time and our room was beautiful. We loved the outdoor shower setup especially - frogs included! Sudu and Jayantha took good care of us and the food was amazing. Sudu even sourced gluten free hoppers for my wife who is coeliac, she was stoked! We will definitely recommend to anyone coming to the Yala region of Sri Lanka. A perfect place to complement a safari. Jayantha knows the Yala wildlife park like the back of his hand and the safari was awesome- saw a bear and mum and baby elephant right beside the truck! Thanks again Kristin and the team at WLV..

Date of stay: January 2019
22 Jan 2019
Thanks so much for your kind review, we are thrilled that you loved your stay. We hope to see you both again in Sri Lanka one day!
jonoboydn...
Great Barrier Island, New Zealand
“Absolute Bliss”
Reviewed December 1, 2018 for a stay in October 2018
person found this review helpful

Perfect in every way. Easily the best accommodation and experience I’ve had in years. If you want to see Yala National Park then this place is for you. They take care of all safaris too.

Date of stay: October 2018
3 Dec 2018
Dear Jono, thanks a million for your review. We are thrilled to hear you had a wonderful experience at our villa and we hope to see you both again in the future! All the best, Kristin and Madu
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.