Theatre Newfoundland Labrador (TNL)
Open today: 9:00 a.m. - 7:30 p.m.
Review Highlights
Our Francis

We enjoyed the place,very well done. Story of a local teacher who went over to France in WWI :& was... read more

Reviewed September 24, 2018
Rosemary D
Perth, Ontario
Outside Mullingar - Amazing performance!!!!

In August, my mom and I attended a performance called Outside Mullingar. We went in with not the... read more

Reviewed September 14, 2018
HDRoss
Edmonton, Canada

All reviews cod no bad seats gros morne shallow bay motel small town nice meal newfoundland labrador their roles roast beef great performance dinner actors ss production tickets entertainment shows
Reviewed July 25, 2017

Attended a production of Heroes. Very friendly volunteers and the production was great. Would like to have enjoyed other offerings here Highly recommended. Great diversion from sight seeing.

1  Thank Derrel B
GMB1958, General Manager at Theatre Newfoundland Labrador (TNL), responded to this reviewResponded July 27, 2017

Thank you so much for coming to see the Gros Morne Theatre Festival's production of Heroes in Cow Head and thank you for your recommendation! It means a lot. We look forward to seeing you again some day!
Gaylene

Reviewed July 24, 2017 via mobile

My husband and I stayed in Cow Head for 3 days over the July long weekend. It was Lobsterfest weekend (which was fabulous) and we ended up attending three shows. We were only sad we hadn't got tickets to see a fourth as all were really good. The performers were mixed and matched in the three shows so we saw people in more than one role. Everything was really well performed. The food at the dinner theatre was good and served by the performers so that was fun. We saw shows in Twillingate and Trinity as well but the three shows at Cow Head were by far the best. I hadn't read any reviews of Newfoundland Vinyl before we got tickets so I wanted to write one that says "well done - we really enjoyed it".

1  Thank LonyM1
GMB1958, General Manager at Theatre Newfoundland Labrador (TNL), responded to this reviewResponded July 26, 2017

I'm so glad you got to Cow Head for the wonderfully delicious Lobsterfest and you were able to take in three of our Gros Morne Theatre Festival productions while there. Thank you so much for taking the time to tell us and TripAdvisor followers about your experience. We really do appreciate it!
Gaylene

Reviewed July 22, 2017

After 2 weeks of hiking, sightseeing, and other outdoor activities, we were ready for an evening at the theatre. "The Out Vigil" focused on the demise of the cod fishing industry and its implications for the current generation of young people in Newfoundland. A bit rough in places as these young actors learn their craft. Some profanity, but not gratuitous. Worth seeing and well-received by the mostly 65+ audience.

GMB1958, General Manager at Theatre Newfoundland Labrador (TNL), responded to this reviewResponded July 24, 2017

Thank you for including the opening night of The Out Vigil at our Gros Morne Theatre Festival in Cow Head in your natural Gros Morne vacation! And thank you so very much for taking the time to share your thoughts. We really appreciate it. Gaylene

Reviewed July 12, 2017

We went with our 2 children (9 and 12) to see the SS Ethie. We all enjoyed it very much! The only thing I would have liked done differently would be to give a little more time to eat the nice meal provided.

We went to visit the remains of the ship in the afternoon before the show, we found it a good way to prepare for the show.

GMB1958, General Manager at Theatre Newfoundland Labrador (TNL), responded to this reviewResponded July 14, 2017

So glad you enjoyed our SS Ethie dinner theatre and that you took the time to have a look at the 98 year old remains of the actual wreck in Sally's Cove. I'll certainly let our company know your thoughts about the short time provided for the meal. Thank you for including the Gros Morne Theatre Festival as part of your vacation in Cow Head.

Reviewed July 10, 2017

I saw Theatre Newfoundland Labrador's production of "S.S. Ethie" in late June 2017. I absolutely loved the show! It's a story about a ship that beached near Cow Head NL in 1919. Although the subject of the play is very dramatic, the story is told in a very comedic way. I thought it was just the right mix of dramatic storyline and comedy. All of the actors in the cast were really strong in their roles and gave great performances. Dinner is served with this play - I had the cod dinner, and it was delicious. All of the people sitting close to me at my table enjoyed the play and had a great time. If you're travelling near Cow Head, be sure to check out Theatre Newfoundland Labrador - you won't be disappointed! I certainly wish I had more time in Cow Head so I could have seen TNL's other shows.

GMB1958, General Manager at Theatre Newfoundland Labrador (TNL), responded to this reviewResponded July 12, 2017

Thank you so much for attending the S.S. Ethie and for taking the time to write a review. It's excellent! I hope you enjoy the resent of your Newfoundland & Labrador vacation and please do come see other productions (we have lots of great ones!) next time you're in the western Newfoundland region.