“I Love the Pyrénées”

Pyrenees National Park (Parc National des Pyrenees)
Ranked #656 of 2,971 things to do in Occitanie
More attraction details
Owner description: Located along the border of France and Spain, this scenic and mountainous landscape offers a variety of outdoor activities including hiking, mountain climbing and viewing wildlife.
Reviewed August 10, 2013

I used to live in the Pyrénées and I can only say, I love it much more than any other place in the world. I was living in the Béarn and worked in Lourdes that time. But my days off, I stayed in the nature. Went walking in the national parc with friends to see the waterfalls, the lakes, the mountains, the birds (vultures, buzzards, eagles, etc ...), the wild horses, the sheep and the shepherds, ... it was just so wonderful, amazing people and an absolute beautiful nature. And by this, I want to say such a big thank you to Robert, Viviane, Maité, Frank, etc... for spending so much time with me! I Love you so much!

5  Thank daukmai

Reviewed May 16, 2013

Our camper van holiday in the Pyrenees was excellent - enhanced considerably by the welcome we received at the Camping Le Rey at Louvie-Jouson. It is an immaculate site, beautifully maintained & handy for the village. There are also chalets. The owners were charming & full of good advice about outings - even lending us the books & maps we needed. We shall be returning.

Date of experience: May 2013
4  Thank Mrsblisters
Reviewed November 7, 2012

This is a fantastic tour. Viator really nailed it with this one. After visiting the town of Vic, you head to the Nuria Valley in the Pyrenees. This is as close to paradise as it gets. The spectacular views are worth the price of the tour. From there you visit the town of Queralbs. The views from Queralbs are also spectacular.

4  Thank frank421132
Reviewed September 29, 2012

There are many reasons to visit this area; spectacular natural beauty, ancient mountain villages and lots of outdoor activities, I was interested in natural spas and started in Bagneres de Luchon. It was around 12 euros for a spa bath including one of the only natural steam rooms in a cave in Europe. Our route roughly followed the Tour de France over the 3 central cols Peyresoude, Aspin, and Tourmalet - but did sidetrack across the boader into a Spanish village in the national park for lunch in a great Cantina..Stopped in Bagneres de Bigorre - a small town with a good choice of restaurants and small shops, The thermal spa has a large spa pool, steam room, outdoor jacuzzi and sauna on the roof (around 15 Euros). Stayed in La Mongie, at the top of col du Tourmalet, a small and modern ski resort town, but the Pic du Midi cablecar runs most of the year and it's impressive even on a cloudy day. Nothing was booked in advance, I paid an average of 65 Euros a night at varrious, random hotels for a double room, (September) and they were all of a good to high standard.

24  Thank Mark F
See more reviews
Reviewed July 15, 2012

The pyrenees mountains are some of the most beautiful mountians in the world! I highly suggest visiting them. Be careful though, as some areas are steep and may be dangerous. Traveling with a group is recommended.

Date of experience: June 2012